Take The No (GW) Bush Challenge

If the OP regards Bush, then fine; as that is the topic. But if it doesn't, then don't regard Bush. The point of this challenge is to give up mindless deflections and regard the real scope of current issues, in general. And it's only for a year. You can always take a pass on a thread too. It's not like there aren't hundreds of topics.
I've never brought up Bush just for the hell of it.

If I bring him up, it's because he's related to the subject.

I'll take your challenge!

BTW, did Bush put you up to this?

Bravo! :clap:

Actually, I don't give an f what anybody thinks of Bush. I don't personally hold him in high esteem. I just think it's stupid that these libtard propagandist goons think they have to turn threads into Bush jack-off sessions; and very much as a means to not regard the valor (or lack thereof) of today's issues.

Idiotic challenge, could any conservative not bring up Obama under any circumstances except when mentioned in the OP? Not hardly. Past as well as present presidents and their policies are intertwined into so many issues that such would be impossible. I know many of you would very much like us to forget that many of you supported Bushco with an almost religious zeal but it aint gonna happen, these three letters, GWB, are going to hound conservatives to the grave, I guarantee it.

Tissue? :eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

Bravo! :clap:

Actually, I don't give an f what anybody thinks of Bush. I don't personally hold him in high esteem. I just think it's stupid that these libtard propagandist goons think they have to turn threads into Bush jack-off sessions; and very much as a means to not regard the valor (or lack thereof) of today's issues.
Before we get started, my favorite Bush...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV3JOK2GX20]Harold and Kumar 2 (Smoking Weed With George Bush) - YouTube[/ame]

Which liberal dares to go a year without turning political threads into a George W Bush bashing thread and to actually stick to the OP?

Come on. Who has the guts? I f'ing dare you to actually have to regard OPs and not devolve everything to GWB jack-off sessions.

Who's signing up for a year?

That means you don't change the subject to GWB. It means you don't even regard GWB when someone else brings it up (unless that's part of the OP). Who has the guts? What hardcore USMB propogandist, I mean liberal has the guts to give up his diet of GWB butter?

I have no problem with your proposal. I won't even ask you to provide the same level of restraint for any living figure on the left (I'm realistic about these things; you can't help yourself when you get into a bluster).

I also invite you to review all of my posts and bring to my attention any negative comments I may have made about ol' GW that are are not directly related to his policies. Take your time, you have a whole year to scrape something up.

I'll even give you a free pass on the ad hominems in your post. Make it last as long as you can. I give you about three days before you can contain your bile no longer.

Idiotic challenge, could any conservative not bring up Obama under any circumstances except when mentioned in the OP? Not hardly. Past as well as present presidents and their policies are intertwined into so many issues that such would be impossible. I know many of you would very much like us to forget that many of you supported Bushco with an almost religious zeal but it aint gonna happen, these three letters, GWB, are going to hound conservatives to the grave, I guarantee it.

Oh, I don't think it's too difficult of a challenge. If I make a negative comment about GWB I just have to have a credible explanation for how his policies and actions are proximate to the discussion, and avoid name-calling and personal invective.

Which liberal dares to go a year without turning political threads into a George W Bush bashing thread and to actually stick to the OP?

Come on. Who has the guts? I f'ing dare you to actually have to regard OPs and not devolve everything to GWB jack-off sessions.

That means you don't change the subject to GWB. It means you don't even regard GWB when someone else brings it up (unless that's part of the OP). Who has the guts? What hardcore USMB propogandist, I mean liberal has the guts to give up his diet of GWB butter?

The right told me every day of Bush's presidency that 9/11 was Clinton's fault, and the housing meltdown stemmed from Carter's Community Reinvestment Act of 1977.

Come to think of it, I've been listening to people bash FDR and Jimmy Carter every day for the last 30 years.

In spite of that hypocrisy, I'd still be willing to make a deal. . . if you watch this entire video.

However, you have to tell me the actual things Bush promises to do in order to increase low income home ownership.

Let's make deal!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8]Home Ownership and President Bush - YouTube[/ame]

If the OP regards Bush, then fine; as that is the topic. But if it doesn't, then don't regard Bush. The point of this challenge is to give up mindless deflections and regard the real scope of current issues, in general. And it's only for a year. You can always take a pass on a thread too. It's not like there aren't hundreds of topics.
I've never brought up Bush just for the hell of it.

If I bring him up, it's because he's related to the subject.

I'll take your challenge!

BTW, did Bush put you up to this?

So that makes two of us in?

I think the "hate Obama" threads from right wingers are running about a 100 to one. They even attack Obama's family.

The right told me every day of Bush's presidency that 9/11 was Clinton's fault, and the housing meltdown stemmed from Carter's Community Reinvestment Act of 1977.

Come to think of it, I've been listening to people bash FDR and Jimmy Carter every day for the last 30 years.

In spite of that hypocrisy, I'd still be willing to make a deal. . . if you watch this entire video.

However, you have to tell me the actual things Bush promises to do in order to increase low income home ownership.

Let's make deal!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8]Home Ownership and President Bush - YouTube[/ame]

Hilarious. Republican pretending to care.

I think the "hate Obama" threads from right wingers are running about a 100 to one. They even attack Obama's family.

rdean - you're a serial propagandist. We know you're a phony and not up to the challenge. So go ahead and stfu and gtfo.

I have no problem with your proposal. I won't even ask you to provide the same level of restraint for any living figure on the left (I'm realistic about these things; you can't help yourself when you get into a bluster).

I also invite you to review all of my posts and bring to my attention any negative comments I may have made about ol' GW that are are not directly related to his policies. Take your time, you have a whole year to scrape something up.

I'll even give you a free pass on the ad hominems in your post. Make it last as long as you can. I give you about three days before you can contain your bile no longer.

1. Congratulations on taking the challenge. You'll make the board a better place IMO if you stay true to it.

2. Do you really think that a reverse situation of not talking about Obama is necessary? Particularly in my case? You clearly have me confused with some sort of apologist if so. You needn't read beyond my posts in this very thread to know that's not the case.

The point is that it is an epidemic among liberal posters to devolve threads back to Bush rather than discuss the actual merits of the current president's actions. And besides the fact that that is just of no constructive value, it's just downright dopey belligerence usually.

3. Why would I want to search your year's posts? Do you think I want to engage in an exercise in tedium? I don't even post on political issues on a daily basis anymore. And part of the reason is that it's all the same cheerleader crap that includes the mindless GWB dumbing down of threads.

4.You should learn what an ad hominem attack is. And then you won't come off foolish when you erroneously accuse people of making them. See, what I just did is not an ad hominem attack. You think that all insults are ad hominem attacks when they indeed are not. Ad hominem attacks are the act of making insulting remarks while ignoring the crux of an argument.

Clinton left an economy without a true surplus, and it was on the downslide. Clinton's poor performance set up 9-11 and the Iraq War. Why don't you dumbass liberals admit those truths? You will feel better by fessing up!

Overall, Bush was a good president, although he made mistakes mostly to appease the dimocrats.

A lot of the Bush policies that the far left railed against were up held by their messiah, Obama.

So not sure what policies the far left are against (from the Bush years) that Obama has not continued.

Oh, I don't think it's too difficult of a challenge. If I make a negative comment about GWB I just have to have a credible explanation for how his policies and actions are proximate to the discussion, and avoid name-calling and personal invective.

Do you understand what the challenge is? It's not to think your GWB deflection BS is justified. It's to not regard him in threads for a year unless he is explicitly mentioned in the OP.

A lot of the Bush policies that the far left railed against were up held by their messiah, Obama.

So not sure what policies the far left are against (from the Bush years) that Obama has not continued.

Again; this thread is not about comparing Obama and GWB or even discussing GWB at all for that matter.

It's just a place for liberals to sign-up for a challenge and see if they can regard the issues without devolving threads to GWB crap. Most of them don't have the guts to do it. But a few seemingly do. And I applaud them if they live up to it.

Forum List

Back