Target is banning books. Time for the Bud Light treatment.

Plus, target is a business.

If a large part of their customer base would be offended by a particular product, why would they stock it? It obviously wouldn’t sell and obviously wouldn’t be profitable.

It’s a business decision
They stock LGBTQ merchandise even though it is offensive to most customers.

Not if they're being selective in terms of whom they serve, no.

You can't refuse to serve someone because they're Black or Christian or gay or all three of those things for instance.

Did you really not know this?

It's been the law for decades now.

That wasn't my question. My question was:

A business can refuse to make or sell any product they want, right?

They stock LGBTQ merchandise even though it is offensive to most customers.
To most of *their* customers?

They’re a left wing retailer, to use your own words. Most of their customers are liberals. Seems like they’re just catering to their base.

The fact that you won't answer my question tells me I'm directly over the target. Thanks.
He answered your question, and he's correct, but you don't want to grasp that.

I see that Target is now stocking the book however.

Oh - and Levin is a crackpot & dooshbag.

Plus, target is a business.

If a large part of their customer base would be offended by a particular product, why would they stock it? It obviously wouldn’t sell and obviously wouldn’t be profitable.

It’s a business decision
Yep.... They already got burned once....

To most of *their* customers?

They’re a left wing retailer, to use your own words. Most of their customers are liberals. Seems like they’re just catering to their base.
There are not many folks that buy LGBTQ merchandise.

I answered it many times now.

Yes, stores have the right to pick and choose what products to carry in order to attract a certain customer base and/or prevent existing customers from being offended. As I said, every store on earth does this already. It’s business 101

And, no, what target did with this book has zero in common with, say, denying service to gays. Which is what I believe is the sort of thing you’re trying to conflate it with.

Target has denied service to no one. They are under zero obligation to stock this guys book or anyone else’s.
^ USMB needs more posters like this. :)

Forum List

Back