Teacher burned ‘I love mom’ into students’ arms

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
" 37-year-old Samuel Dufner was arrested Tuesday at South Salem High School.

Birr says students used the coil in an exercise last Thursday. Dufner noted it could also be used to mark the skin and asked for volunteers.

Dufner burned “I love mom” — with a heart to symbolize the word love — into their arms."

Teacher arrested accused of burning I love mom into students arms fox8.com

Outrageous! This was harsh.

Someone (maybe JR) should burn "I love USMB" into this teachers testicles to see how he likes the treatment. Guy was probably a lib.

Birr says students used the coil in an exercise last Thursday. Dufner noted it could also be used to mark the skin and asked for volunteers.

Dufner burned “I love mom” — with a heart to symbolize the word love — into their arms."

Someone (maybe JR) should burn "I love USMB" into this teachers testicles to see how he likes the treatment. Guy was probably a lib.

Essplain something to me here, because after all this time on this board and others I still don't get the partisan hacknoid mind --

How exactly do you arrive at "guy was probably a lib" out of a story that no part of has anything whatsoever to do with politics?
ScratchHead.gif

And btw it's a Tesla coil. Not just "a coil".

Weird story though. Hard to believe somebody saw fit to make an arrest out of this.

Last edited:
From a tech site that actually knows what a Tesla coil is...

Dufner was arrested Tuesday on two counts of criminal mistreatment. However, on Wednesday the Marion County District Attorney's office said charges had not been filed and that the investigation continues. The marks on student's arms have since faded, police told the AP.

Some students told the Statesman Journal that being marked by the Tesla coil didn't hurt.

"Almost every student did it, and everyone was laughing when they went up there," she Cheyenne Ward, a junior at South Salem and aid in Dunfer's class, according to the Statesman Journal. "Nobody was sad or upset. It didn't hurt at all."​

Dufner was arrested Tuesday on two counts of criminal mistreatment. However, on Wednesday the Marion County District Attorney's office said charges had not been filed and that the investigation continues. The marks on student's arms have since faded, police told the AP.

Some students told the Statesman Journal that being marked by the Tesla coil didn't hurt.

"Almost every student did it, and everyone was laughing when they went up there," she Cheyenne Ward, a junior at South Salem and aid in Dunfer's class, according to the Statesman Journal. "Nobody was sad or upset. It didn't hurt at all."​
Hey- if we want unadulterated factual comment from you, we'll ask for it. :slap:

Hey- if we want unadulterated factual comment from you, we'll ask for it. :slap:

I usually get asked retroactively.
I'm good wit dat. Can't be waiting around. :D

• Banned

So if it did not hurt it is ok? This teacher is warped to place his hands and the coil or tools on any student.

• Banned

Essplain something to me here, because after all this time on this board and others I still don't get the partisan hacknoid mind --

How exactly do you arrive at "guy was probably a lib" out of a story that no part of has anything whatsoever to do with politics?
ScratchHead.gif

Weird story though. Hard to believe somebody saw fit to make an arrest out of this.
Just wanted a rise out of you with the lib comment.

The teacher should not have touched any student, let alone mark their body up. Just plain dumb

Sounds like a harmless science demonstration to me. Who knows how many future EEs he may have inspired. Probably a conservative.

With thousands of online news sources, if not millions, that one misrepresented things with 'burned into' instead of the more accurate, but also more uninteresting 'asked for volunteers...marks have since faded...' this is much ado about nothing.

Having kids try a cinnamon challenge in a science demo would be more abusive than this incident.

Unwise, yes. Criminal, no.

Sounds like a harmless science demonstration to me. Who knows how many future EEs he may have inspired. Probably a conservative.
Maybe but they were minors, "Salem Police were alerted to the incident by way of an angry parent who left a message with the school on Friday evening. The message was passed on to police Monday, and an investigation began Tuesday."

ScratchHead.gif

The teacher should not have touched any student, let alone mark their body up. Just plain dumb

"Should not have touched"? Chrissake we're human. What, do we live in personal bubbles now?

Since the students volunteered there was no touching without consent. There was simply no harm done to anyone.

Yea back in the day that was considered "involvement" teaching, it actually helps most kids learn stuff.

Welcome to 2015, where kids are supposed to be wrapped in bubble wrap or some shit; like that one commercial... I can't recall what it was, I just remember the kid wrapped in bubble wrap and getting thrown around by his buddies heh

I had a child service protection worker show up at my house because my 15 year old had a nose bleed while walking home from school - a trait both he and his elder brother have always suffered from (I blame their father; I've never had nose bleed in my life)

Anyway, peeps are getting stupid out there.

ScratchHead.gif

"Should not have touched"? Chrissake we're human. What, do we live in personal bubbles now?

no bubble but there are boundaries.

ScratchHead.gif

no bubble but there are boundaries.

To this degree? What the hell's the gym teacher gonna do?

With thousands of online news sources, if not millions, that one misrepresented things with 'burned into' instead of the more accurate, but also more uninteresting 'asked for volunteers...marks have since faded...' this is much ado about nothing.

Having kids try a cinnamon challenge in a science demo would be more abusive than this incident.

Unwise, yes. Criminal, no.

No harm ....no foul

Gross overreaction

Forum List

Back