Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

The teacher should change it to the not to common assertion "The Devil is real". or "There is a Devil"

And see what opinions that drums up!

:argue:
And of course the proper answer to that is "the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing people he doesn't exist"

I was about to comment that the reaction would be the same.

You're proof of that.

Also proof that kids do need to learn how to differentiate between fact and opinion.
How about the difference between opinion and "commonplace assertion"? Care to boldly go where no man has gone before and take a stab at it?

"I believe God is real" is an opinion. "The Devil is real" is an assertion.
Wrong. "I believe God is real" is either a fact or a lie. "The Devil is real" is an assertion/opinion (which are the same thing).

Yawn:

Best Answer:fact---A real occurrence; an event:
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.

assertion--Something declared or stated positively, often with no support or attempt at proof.----The world will end tomorrow.

opinion--1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion

Difference between fact, opinion and assertion?

Correction to my previous statement. An assertion can be a fact, lie, or opinion. As you said, assertion is more about the manner in which something was stated, not it's content.

Opinions are often presented as facts, but fact versus opinion is all about whether it is true or whether it is possibly true, possibly false, possibly a bit of both.

A lie is a statement presented as fact when known to in fact be false.

None of the above did this moron teacher understand when trying to teach our students.

The whole point of the assignment was to promote atheism.

Correction to my previous statement. An assertion can be a fact, lie, or opinion. As you said, assertion is more about the manner in which something was stated, not it's content.

Opinions are often presented as facts, but fact versus opinion is all about whether it is true or whether it is possibly true, possibly false, possibly a bit of both.

None of the above did this moron teacher understand when trying to teach our students.

The point is the student misunderstood the question.

The obvious answer is that the statement was an assertion.

EDIT: And the OP is a lie.

Funny that the same people who whine about "PC" are demanding it here.

Why are people so terrified of kids being taught to think for themselves?
Why shouldn't kids be given a choice to pray or not to pray at a football game. That is a chance to think for themselves and assert themselves.

Nothing stops them from doing that.

By the same token, nothing should force them to either.

Don't you agree with that?

Nearly all Christians have three gods, Jews and Muslims just one.
Obviously you do not understand the concept of the Trinity, but then again, I didnt either until about five years ago, lol.

You've got to admit....its a little strange. God landed on God's shoulder and said from the heavens "I am my own son, God loves God, with whom God is well pleased'?

Sounds very.....avatary. Or God is a huge Jeff Dunham fan.

Last edited:
The teacher should change it to the not to common assertion "The Devil is real". or "There is a Devil"

And see what opinions that drums up!

:argue:
And of course the proper answer to that is "the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing people he doesn't exist"

You're proof of that.

Also proof that kids do need to learn how to differentiate between fact and opinion.
How about the difference between opinion and "commonplace assertion"? Care to boldly go where no man has gone before and take a stab at it?

Wrong. "I believe God is real" is either a fact or a lie. "The Devil is real" is an assertion/opinion (which are the same thing).

"fact or lie"

That's not what the question asked at all. Not even close.

You're proof of that.

Yawn:

Best Answer:fact---A real occurrence; an event:
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.

assertion--Something declared or stated positively, often with no support or attempt at proof.----The world will end tomorrow.

opinion--1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: "The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion

Difference between fact, opinion and assertion?

And why not teach that?

Why lie to kids?

I suspect "christians" are not strong enough in their own faith to withstand much questioning or examination. Do they believe that's true of students?

That's got to be the only reason for feeling so threatened by this.

Today I was given an assignment in school that questioned my faith and told me that God was not real. Our teacher had started off saying that the assignment had been giving problems all day. We were asked to take a poll to say whether God is fact, opinion or a myth and she told anyone who said fact or opinion was wrong and God was only a myth,” Wooley told board members,” according to EAG News.

The teacher “started telling kids they were completely wrong and that when kids argued we were told we would get in trouble. When I tried to argue, she told me to prove it, and I tried to reference things such as the Bible and stories I have read before from people who have died and went to heaven but came back and told their stories, and she told me both were just things people were doing to get attention.”

“I know it wasn’t just me who was affected by it. My friend, she went home and started crying. She was supposed to come with me but she didn’t know if she could” because she was so upset, Wooley said.”

The march of radical Marxist ass holes has only just begun. This is just a start, much worse is yet to come.

Now you have an idea of what millions of people, including myself, who nearly daily are told that our god isn't real. That only the christian god is real and everyone else is wrong.

Non christians go through it constantly.

I'm not saying that what happened is right. I'm saying why is it ok for christians to force their god on everyone else?

This is just another reason why religion and state must stay separate. Religion has no place in public schools. Whether it's christian or any other religion or it's atheism.

Those kids are there to learn math, science, literature, history and a long list of subjects. Religion in any form shouldn't be included.

Religion belongs in church or chosen house of worship .

The Lord's Prayer applies to Jews and Christians. Those are the only two religions that matter since they pray to the same God. Muslims don't. Their allah isn't our God. The Mormon's Jesus and their God isn't either..

In its construction, Christianity is just odd. I mean, lets apply the same pattern to say, Buddhism that Christians did with Christianity.

So Buddha shows up. Gives us lengthy sermons on charity, non-violence, love, forgiveness and compassion. Then he dies.

Centuries after his death, some Buddhists conclude that Buddha was actually another Avatar of Vishnu, and make the Bhagavad Gita from Hinduism one of their religious texts. And incorporate Krishna's commandment of Arjuna to wage war and slaughter his own family if he loves God into Buddhism.

Concluding what Buddha *really* meant when he called for charity, non-violence, love, forgiveness and compassion.....was that killing was perfectly all right, even slaughter on an epic scale....if its in service of God. Because since Buddha was also Vishnu......all the killing that Vishnu commanded was actually what Buddha really believed in.

Despite the fact that Buddha preached the *exact opposite*.

The point is the student misunderstood the question.

The obvious answer is that the statement was an assertion.

EDIT: And the OP is a lie.
No, that is not the obvious answer. The obvious answer is opinion. There is no fundamental difference between commonplace assertion and opinion.

It is the teacher moron who didn't understand his own question.

Funny that the same people who whine about "PC" are demanding it here.

Why are people so terrified of kids being taught to think for themselves?
Why shouldn't kids be given a choice to pray or not to pray at a football game. That is a chance to think for themselves and assert themselves.

Nothing stops them from doing that.

By the same token, nothing should force them to either.

Don't you agree with that?
Agree. The coach in the other thread did not force anyone to do anything.

Davros is a moron.

Fact?
Opinion?
Commonplace assertion?

I'm gonna go with fact.
Correction: I'm smarter than the whole lot of you morons put together.

You simply cannot refute my superior understanding of logic and language compared to all of you.

You're proof of that.

"fact or lie"

That's not what the question asked at all. Not even close.
When did I say that it was. I was merely expanding on this conversation to discuss the three things that assertions can be. They can be facts. They can be opinions. And they can be lies.

That you fools and this moron teacher don't understand that doesn't surprise me.

Wait....that's all this is about? An example in a lesson on facts, opinions and assertions?

Fuck, I wasted another 10 minutes of life researching another fake manufactured conservative outrage.

Wait....that's all this is about? An example in a lesson on facts, opinions and assertions?

Fuck, I wasted another 10 minutes of life researching another fake manufactured conservative outrage.
In your research did you uncover why the teacher marked "there is a God" = opinion as false, when that is in fact just as correct as the answer he required?

Actually the student answered the question 100% correctly in saying "there is a god" might be fact and might be opinion.

We do not know if there is a God. Therefore the obvious answer is "opinion", but it is conceivable that through personal experience an individual knows there is a god, in which case it would be fact.

In either case assertion is also a correct answer, but since assertions can be facts, lies, or opinions the assignment is very poorly designed in requiring the students to choose the single "correct" answer.

Actually, if you look at the question, she did not "demand kids say god is not real". It was a good question and what it "demanded" is for the kid to THINK.

This is just another example of the right being against critical thinking.

Since belief in God is a matter of faith, and cannot be proven or disproven, it is a poor subject for so-called "critical-thinking exercises". Also, since the teacher pushed what she considered to be the "correct" answer, she can be seen as nothing but a biased proponent, and guilty of not critically thinking herself.

Idiocracy.
How do we know that the teacher "pushed what she considered to be the 'correct' answer"?
How do I know? It is obvious you didn't bother reading the article because the children said so and the school admitted it. Better question is why Leftards come running to defend teaching anti-God messages.

Actually the student answered the question 100% correctly in saying "there is a god" might be fact and might be opinion.

We do not know if there is a God. Therefore the obvious answer is "opinion", but it is conceivable that through personal experience an individual knows there is a god, in which case it would be fact.

In either case assertion is also a correct answer, but since assertions can be facts, lies, or opinions the assignment is very poorly designed in requiring the students to choose the single "correct" answer.
Uh, no.

There was no "might be" in the question.

There is a God - fact, opinion, or commonplace assertion.

Commonplace assertion is the only real answer.

Parents, instruct your children if this should come up at school to answer the following:

"God is real. It just doesn't exist."

Absolutely true.

Uh, no.

There was no "might be" in the question.

There is a God - fact, opinion, or commonplace assertion.

Commonplace assertion is the only real answer.
False. Why is it not an opinion?

A commonplace assertion can be an opinion or fact. It is stupid to ask a person to choose between assertion and fact/opinion when logically there is no difference. Apples to oranges. Fact/opinion regards the content. Assertion regards the manner of expression.

Stupid, worthless assignment designed as a backdoor Trojan to promote atheism/agnosticism.

Forum List

Back