Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

The fact that the teacher is a devout Christian is just another major hole in the girl's story. Making it more and more unlikely.
Evidence for your assertion?

.....clinging to a story told by a 12 year old, backed by nothing. That's irrational.
You are clinging to the story of some bureaucrats who may have lied about what the other children said. Bureaucrats who may just want to protect their jobs.

Oh please. Read the goddam thread and the multitudinous links from actual legitimate sources. This troll fantasy was debunked days ago. Catch up already.
Where is your evidence that the teacher was a "devout Christian"? Just provide one link to prove this statement.

Because there is no evidence the creation happened the way the bible says it did.
Would it shock you to learn that the first few chapters of the book of Genesis is not a text of modern science?

It is a collection of allegories with a moral purpose to them and that is all they were intended to be. The people of the time had no concept of modern science, so to interpret them as such is to misread them.

I think that there are some scientific facts contained in Genesis but it is speculative of anyone to assert that the text in Genesis proves anything about science, in fact I think that is again a misinterpretation of the book.

There seems to be a record of the recovery of the Earth from a recent catastrophic event, if you note how in verse one the narrative starts with the existence of the Earth the stars and heavens. Then it presents a story of a recovery in which light is restored to the surface, at first weakly and diffused, then in stronger amounts of direct sunlight. Then life comes about in the oceans, then plant life flourishes on the surface, and then the animals come along. I suspect that the first few chapters of Genesis are recorded oral history from the small handful of human beings that survived the Toba catastrophe.

But that too is speculation and to suggest it is more than that is to, again, misread the book. It is not a book about scientific fact, but of moral fact.

Because there is no evidence the creation happened the way the bible says it did.
Would it shock you to learn that the first few chapters of the book of Genesis is not a text of modern science?

It is a collection of allegories with a moral purpose to them and that is all they were intended to be. The people of the time had no concept of modern science, so to interpret them as such is to misread them.

I think that there are some scientific facts contained in Genesis but it is speculative of anyone to assert that the text in Genesis proves anything about science, in fact I think that is again a misinterpretation of the book.

There seems to be a record of the recovery of the Earth from a recent catastrophic event, if you note how in verse one the narrative starts with the existence of the Earth the stars and heavens. Then it presents a story of a recovery in which light is restored to the surface, at first weakly and diffused, then in stronger amounts of direct sunlight. Then life comes about in the oceans, then plant life flourishes on the surface, and then the animals come along. I suspect that the first few chapters of Genesis are recorded oral history from the small handful of human beings that survived the Toba catastrophe.

But that too is speculation and to suggest it is more than that is to, again, misread the book. It is not a book about scientific fact, but of moral fact.
The Christian science book - one page with three words - God did it. Thunder means God is mad, rain means He's crying.

The fact that the teacher is a devout Christian is just another major hole in the girl's story. Making it more and more unlikely.

.....clinging to a story told by a 12 year old, backed by nothing. That's irrational.
You are clinging to the story of some bureaucrats who may have lied about what the other children said. Bureaucrats who may just want to protect their jobs.

Oh please. Read the goddam thread and the multitudinous links from actual legitimate sources. This troll fantasy was debunked days ago. Catch up already.

Where is your evidence that the teacher was a "devout Christian"? Just provide one link to prove this statement.

That's not my quote, but I saw that noted in the statement released by the school, which was printed, in the case where I saw it, the local TV news channel story link.

The same story described how they interviewed several kids in the exercise, and NONE of them corroborated her interpretation of what the exercise was. Not a single one. Zero. So they're all lying because one girl jumps up and says "she's a witch"? That played well in Salem too.

I'm not going back and re-searching what's already been posted every time somebody on the side snoozing complains he didn't see it. Go read back and do your homework.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...d-not-force-the-class-to-admit-god-is-a-myth/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...d-not-force-the-class-to-admit-god-is-a-myth/

I so agree with this line in the link:

"I hope the “appropriate personnel action” is just code for “the teacher feels bad but we didn’t really punish her,” since she doesn’t deserve it."

Exactly. This fake-victim song and dance reminds me of the teacher who was forced to apologize and nearly fired, for including the word niggardly in a vocabulary exercise. It is precisely why I carry this sigline. Too many asshats are not interested in what the actual facts are; they'd rather play drama queens.

The OP and his article are two of them. The March of the Ignoramigentsia.

"I hope the “appropriate personnel action” is just code for “the teacher feels bad but we didn’t really punish her,” since she doesn’t deserve it."

Exactly. This fake-victim song and dance reminds me of the teacher who was forced to apologize and nearly fired, for including the word niggardly in a vocabulary exercise. It is precisely why I carry this sigline. Too many asshats are not interested in what the actual facts are; they'd rather play drama queens.

People should ask themselves why the parents went straight to the school board instead of going to the school and the teacher to find out.

People should ask themselves why the parents went straight to the school board instead of going to the school and the teacher to find out.

That would involve analytical thought though. :puke:

but I saw that noted in the statement released by the school, which was printed, in the case where I saw it, the local TV news channel story link.
The source said the teacher was a devout Christian?

The same story described how they interviewed several kids in the exercise, and NONE of them corroborated her interpretation of what the exercise was.
Actually we only know what some educational bureaucrats claimed.

Maybe you should work on your own thinking skills.

but I saw that noted in the statement released by the school, which was printed, in the case where I saw it, the local TV news channel story link.
The source said the teacher was a devout Christian?

The same story described how they interviewed several kids in the exercise, and NONE of them corroborated her interpretation of what the exercise was.
Actually we only know what some educational bureaucrats claimed.

Maybe you should work on your own thinking skills.
Just like we only know what some 12 year old girl claimed. Maybe YOU should work on your own thinking skills, eh?

This site claims: "You can’t prove it either way." Of course many people, including some renowned philosophers, have said otherwise.

The site goes on to talk about faith, but many people think there is a God and don't rely on faith.

The site also says Jordan Wooley said the statement about God was a fact. She stated she said fact or opinion.

This site claims: "You can’t prove it either way." Of course many people, including some renowned philosophers, have said otherwise.

The site goes on to talk about faith, but many people think there is a God and don't rely on faith.

The site also says Jordan Wooley said the statement about God was a fact. She stated she said fact or opinion.
That's nice. Now are you still hanging onto your pitchfork and torch?

A Texas Middle School Teacher Did Not Force the Class to Admit God is a Myth

Wow are you out of it! The fanatics with the pitchforks and torches are of course on the left.

Not a Very P.C. Thing to Say

Bullshit.
Is this the reaction of a rational thinker? lol You really should work on your thinking skills.

Um.... you're the one who just claimed to speak for "renowned philosophers" claiming to be able to prove the unprovable --- with no link whatsoever, Sparky.

So -- bullshit. :eusa_hand:

Read my sigline.

A Texas Middle School Teacher Did Not Force the Class to Admit God is a Myth

Wow are you out of it! The fanatics with the pitchforks and torches are of course on the left.

Not a Very P.C. Thing to Say
Ok, so you are deeply into denial. Now we know.

Forum List

Back