Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

I can't prove that little blue teapots don't dance on the moon, and lucky for me I don't have to. If you say they do, proving so is now on you, otherwise it's just an irrational belief in something not known, by any human, to exist. That is what God is, unknown.
Actually you could prove that. But I understand your point: you are agnostic with regard to blue teapots. Would you say a declaration that there is no God is also irrational?
Because it's taking a firm position on an unknown. It's irrational. Both Atheists and Theists are wrong, dead wrong. God is unknown, probably unknowable. That is the only rational position.
So you have a rational proof that God is unknowable?
That's why I said, ah, probably. Got it now?
Okay so what is your rational proof that God is unknown.
No one can prove his existence, either way.

Tell us, is this beautiful?
Bleak environments can be very beautiful!

The earth was not tuned for you, you were tuned for the earth.
Quote from the website I linked to earlier: But with regard to the development of life on Earth, it is sometimes claimed that natural selection would find a way for life to develop no matter what the circumstances. In this way, nature is sometimes said to tune itself. However, the fine-tuning of carbon is even responsible for nature’s ability to tune itself to any degree. As professor Alister McGrath has pointed out: "[The entire biological] evolutionary process depends upon the unusual chemistry of carbon, which allows it to bond to itself, as well as other elements, creating highly complex molecules that are stable over prevailing terrestrial temperatures, and are capable of conveying genetic information (especially DNA). […] Whereas it might be argued that nature creates its own fine-tuning, this can only be done if the primordial constituents of the universe are such that an evolutionary process can be initiated. The unique chemistry of carbon is the ultimate foundation of the capacity of nature to tune itself."

Your counterarguments were a snap to destroy. lol
Help for you, had the universe not been able to create life there would have been no life to go Ah, God must have designed it that way. What you see as design is only because you are here to both imagine a design and a designer, and there's not a reason in the world to believe either are valid. Beauty, like God (or gods) is in the eye of the beholder. No beholder, no god.

And which one of you was created in the image of God, you or my human-sized toaster oven, who believes the same thing?

Atheists do not believe in the existence of god because it cannot be proven.
According to the definition I mentioned earlier atheists must provide evidence there is no God. Why do you reject this definition?

Many atheists have faith that there is no God. A lot of atheists just don't want to believe in God. Maybe their religious mother told them to clean their room and they are mad at her. Many atheists have been terrorized into atheism by a Marxist regime.

Help for you, had the universe not been able to create life there would have been no life to go Ah, God must have designed it that way. What you see as design is only because you are here to both imagine a design and a designer, and there's not a reason in the world to believe either are valid. Beauty, like God (or gods) is in the eye of the beholder. No beholder, no god.
Another quote from the website: Not surprisingly, fine-tuning arguments unsettle those who embrace the philosophy of naturalism, since a straightforward interpretation of the evidence points in favor of an intelligent creator. Some of the naturalist responses are common and are worth mentioning here. The first amounts to a nonchalant shrugging of the shoulders. Many adherents to philosophical naturalism give a response along the following lines: Because humans exist, the laws of nature clearly must be the ones compatible with life. Otherwise, we simply wouldn’t be here to notice the fact. To argue against this line of reasoning, John Leslie makes the analogy of surviving an execution at a firing squad completely unharmed.11 Here, Leslie argues that the naturalist’s argument above is analogous to saying, "Of course all of the shots missed, otherwise I wouldn’t be here to notice that I’m still alive!” A much more logical approach would be to seek out an explanation for why such an unlikely event occurred. A good scientific explanation satisfies curiosity, whereas this kind of explanation does nothing to offer any resolution.

According to the definition I mentioned earlier atheists must provide evidence there is no God. Why do you reject this definition?

Many atheists have faith that there is no God. A lot of atheists just don't want to believe in God. Maybe their religious mother told them to clean their room and they are mad at her. Many atheists have been terrorized into atheism by a Marxist regime.
Most atheists simply look around at the world and the madness and evil and tragedy that God allows, and decide that any God who actually cared for humanity would never allow such a thing. The Problem of Evil is what turns people against God. See: Jews in Concentration Camps.

Another quote from the website: Not surprisingly, fine-tuning arguments unsettle those who embrace the philosophy of naturalism, since a straightforward interpretation of the evidence points in favor of an intelligent creator. Some of the naturalist responses are common and are worth mentioning here. The first amounts to a nonchalant shrugging of the shoulders. Many adherents to philosophical naturalism give a response along the following lines: Because humans exist, the laws of nature clearly must be the ones compatible with life. Otherwise, we simply wouldn’t be here to notice the fact. To argue against this line of reasoning, John Leslie makes the analogy of surviving an execution at a firing squad completely unharmed.11 Here, Leslie argues that the naturalist’s argument above is analogous to saying, "Of course all of the shots missed, otherwise I wouldn’t be here to notice that I’m still alive!” A much more logical approach would be to seek out an explanation for why such an unlikely event occurred. A good scientific explanation satisfies curiosity, whereas this kind of explanation does nothing to offer any resolution.
Another dumb one since a firing squad implies planning, and there is no squad, there is no planning. There is life that says Oh my, look at what God did and where there is no life that idea, meaning God, does not even exist. Humans invented God, not the other way around, That is logic, that is rational.

Because it's ridiculous.
Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis? I bet you don't, even if there's a steady paycheck in it.

But why not? Why don't you believe in bigfoot and interplanetary truckers popping by? Why dont you believe in cthulu and the chupacabra?

Can you prove they don't exist?

The teacher “started telling kids they were completely wrong and that when kids argued we were told we would get in trouble..

Sounds like those kids needed a little visit from Officer Slam Ben Fields............ for not obeying immediately

Most atheists simply look around at the world and the madness and evil and tragedy that God allows, and decide that any God who actually cared for humanity would never allow such a thing. The Problem of Evil is what turns people against God. See: Jews in Concentration Camps.
Christians would say that God gives people and Satan freedom, and they use their freedom to do evil. Giving freedom is not a bad thing to do. Our suffering helps us grow and is cut short by our death and (hopefully) entrance into Heaven.

Last edited:
Another dumb one since a firing squad implies planning, and there is no squad, there is no planning.
And there is no planning because you don't know there is a God and you somehow know there is no planning?! Pretty feeble PaintMyHouse. lol

There is life that says Oh my, look at what God did and where there is no life that idea, meaning God, does not even exist.
Why does God have to create a universe crammed with life in every corner?

That is logic, that is rational.
I think you've given up on logic entirely.

Because it's ridiculous.
Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
I am an agnostic regarding things like ghosts, ESP, UFOs - aren't you? I don't rule them out entirely.

Christians would say that God gives people and Satan freedom, and they use their freedom to do evil. Giving freedom is not a bad thing to do. Our suffering helps us grow and is cut short by our death and (hopefully) entrance into Heaven.
That's the dogma and doesn't explain the problem of evil at all, since so much evil is natural...

Another dumb one since a firing squad implies planning, and there is no squad, there is no planning.
And there is no planning because you don't know there is a God and you somehow know there is no planning?! Pretty feeble PaintMyHouse. lol

There is life that says Oh my, look at what God did and where there is no life that idea, meaning God, does not even exist.
Why does God have to create a universe crammed with life in every corner?

That is logic, that is rational.
I think you've given up on logic entirely.
There is life, anywhere but here? Where?

And one of the problems is we know only a tiny version of what could be potentially called life...

That's the dogma and doesn't explain the problem of evil at all, since so much evil is natural...
Christians could say natural evil is caused by Satan. Other religions have similar explanations.

Christians could say natural evil is caused by Satan. Other religions have similar explanations.
Nonsense. Satan has nothing against animals, babies, etc.

Because it's ridiculous.
Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?
I am an agnostic regarding things like ghosts, ESP, UFOs - aren't you? I don't rule them out entirely.
But why don't you believe in them? Can't disprove them...

Because it's ridiculous.
I never made this argument.

Because it's ridiculous.
I never made this argument.
Didn't you say it was incumbent upon the atheist to disprove god

Not really.

Man guilty in savage satanic murder of 15-year-old girl

BBC NEWS | Europe | Italian 'Beasts of Satan' jailed

'Craigslist killer' claims to have slain dozens as part of satanic cult: report

BBC News | EUROPE | Satanists killed man 'on Devil's orders'

Wow, I had no idea this sort of thing was so widespread!

Not really.

Man guilty in savage satanic murder of 15-year-old girl

BBC NEWS | Europe | Italian 'Beasts of Satan' jailed

'Craigslist killer' claims to have slain dozens as part of satanic cult: report

BBC News | EUROPE | Satanists killed man 'on Devil's orders'

Wow, I had no idea this sort of thing was so widespread!
4 stories worldwide from 2002 to 2014.

So widespread....

Forum List

Back