Teacher in Ireland arrested and put in prison for not using woke pronouns

The South had the "right" to blast protesters with water hoses during the Civil Rights movement.

Lawful Neutral usually ends up being Lawful Evil.

You are comparing actions by the Govt with actions by a private business.

They are not limited by the same rules.

It's the issues at stake; NOT just the fact that it's in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.

Greg
Again so what?

We all know Europe in general doesn't have the freedom of speech we do.

Yes he did. He ignored their rule for him not to come on the property.

When I got out of the Marine Corps I was hired by WalMart for an accelerated manger training program, along with lots of other senior NCOs and junior officers.

I was fired 2 year later because the manger in the store I was at was threatened by me. So she found a BS reason to get rid of me. Had I kept coming to work pretending like I was still a manger guess what would have happened to me? The same thing that happened to this guy
It is only justified if the use of "Gross Misconduct" had a legal basis. It does not on the face of it so the Board is in the wrong.

Greg

It is only justified if the use of "Gross Misconduct" had a legal basis. It does not on the face of it so the Board is in the wrong.

Greg

And had the teacher gone to court and proven this you would have a point right now.

But since they choose not to, you do not

No; the school is covered, as an employer, by Labour Laws. The use of 'misconduct" or "Gross Misconduct" was NOT valid in any way. He was NOT violent, rapacious or even a thief. He properly gendered a student. That does not meet the bar of misconduct!!!

If the Board was smart it would have just put the poor misguided child into a different class if it was that concerned about "gender pronouns".

Greg

The issue is the whole Trans thing is utter and complete bullshit, and its still compelled speech forced on the teacher.

Of course this is Ireland, and like most of Europe you don't really have speech rights anyway.

No; the school is covered, as an employer, by Labour Laws. The use of 'misconduct" or "Gross Misconduct" was NOT valid in any way. He was NOT violent, rapacious or even a thief. He properly gendered a student. That does not meet the bar of misconduct!!!

If the Board was smart it would have just put the poor misguided child into a different class if it was that concerned about "gender pronouns".

Greg
If he violated the school's policy regarding pronouns why shouldn't he be fired?

The issue is the whole Trans thing is utter and complete bullshit, and its still compelled speech forced on the teacher.

Yes, I agree. And an employer has the right to do such a thing. If they employee does not like it, they can find a new job.

Of course this is Ireland, and like most of Europe you don't really have speech rights anyway.

This has nothing to do with free speech rights since it was a private employer.

And had the teacher gone to court and proven this you would have a point right now.

But since they choose not to, you do not
I am sure the Court Case is down the track. This is admittedly an "Interim" situation, but the fault lies with the Board and its misrepresentation to the Court that Burke was in good conscience accused of "Gross Misconduct". There is ZERO "good conscience" in such an accusation against him.

Greg

Yes, I agree. And an employer has the right to do such a thing. If they employee does not like it, they can find a new job.

This has nothing to do with free speech rights since it was a private employer.

Compelled speech is compelled speech. Can an employer force me to say " I support Joe Biden"?

Free speech goes past government control, it's a concept of a society as a whole.

You run to the whole "it's not government" thing as cover, nothing more or less.

I would not say he lied, he was just too lazy or stupid to see if The Blaze lied. It would never occur to him that such a thing could happen.
You ( Golfing Gator ) are lying about The Blaze

The Blaze clearly stated thst the teacher was arrested for trespassing and contempt of court

“ Enoch Burke was arrested on Monday for violating a court order to neither teach nor be physically present at Wilson's Hospital School in Multyfarnham, County Westmeath, Ireland. The Church of Ireland-affiliated boarding school sought to have Burke imprisoned after he continued to attend the school after receiving a court order barring him from doing so, the Daily Mail reports.”

Compelled speech is compelled speech. Can an employer force me to say " I support Joe Biden"?

Free speech goes past government control, it's a concept of a society as a whole.

You run to the whole "it's not government" thing as cover, nothing more or less.
An employer can set standards and policies regarding the treatment of both customers and other employees.

If this guy didn't want to follow the school's policies he could have avoided the entire situation by simply calling every student by their first or last names. But he wanted to make an issue of it and it got him fired.

His choice.

But your employer can compel you to say "good morning, welcome to Wendy's"

Your employer can compel you to use ma'am and Sir when dealing with customers/clients.

Your employer can compel you to not use words they do not agree with.

Nope. An employer has ever right to control what is said in their workplace.

Forum List

Back