Teacher in Ireland arrested and put in prison for not using woke pronouns

Doesn't really matter as he was arrested for violating a court order and not for using the wrong pronoun.

And again that was his choice

Doesn't the school principal set school policy?
And the underlying court order is absurd.

It's a FAD; not even Grammar.

Greg

Does not really matter, it is the school policy and they have every right to make it so.

I never really understood all the hair pulling over this.

The spouse of a co-worker has decided they are "non-binary" and wish to use they/them. The co-worker told us about it and out of respect for her I use those when speaking of her spouse.

I do not understand what it even means to be "non-binary", but since it has no impact on my life and does not cause me any harm to abide by their wishes, why be a dick to my co-worker?

No it isn't. There is man and woman, or boy and girl, or male and female. That's it, there is no 3rd gender. Pretending to be something else doesn't make it true.
And the whole issue is easily avoided by simply calling students by their first or last names.

It's the root cause of why he was jailed.
He was jailed because he violated a court order prohibiting him to be on the school grounds.

Should he have been suspended, not in my opinion, should he have defied a court order? Not in my opinion.

No it isn't. There is man and woman, or boy and girl, or male and female. That's it, there is no 3rd gender. Pretending to be something else doesn't make it true.

There has always been a third gender in literature.

Did none of you graduate high school?

Once again he didn't have to call any student anything but their names and doing that would not have violated school policy but he wanted to make a point and it got him fired.

Anyway this whole pronoun thing is stupid because no one usually refers to a person by any pronoun (other than you) if that person is present. At least I don't.

Yet un-stupid enough to be a suspend-able offense in the views of the work school admins.

Doesn't really matter as he was arrested for violating a court order and not for using the wrong pronoun.

And again that was his choice

Doesn't the school principal set school policy?
Of course it matters. If the Judge looks at the Proximate Cause and finds that the School perjured itself in getting the first injunction then there will be all hell to pay. I hope he has a good silk. It should be happening now quite frankly.

Greg

No I really think the whole pronoun thing is stupid. BUT if it was school policy and he violated that policy then it's the teachers own fault.

We do know that he violated a court ordered no trespass and THAT is the reason he was arrested as he should have been

Hosing down protesters in the south was civil policy, guess you defend that as well.

Of course it matters. If the Judge looks at the Proximate Cause and finds that the School perjured itself in getting the first injunction then there will be all hell to pay. I hope he has a good silk. It should be happening now quite frankly.

Greg
The teacher should have taken it up via appropriate channels. What he should not have done was violate a court order.

He was jailed because he violated a court order prohibiting him to be on the school grounds.

Should he have been suspended, not in my opinion, should he have defied a court order? Not in my opinion.

And Rosa should have just sat in the back of the bus.

Forum List

Back