Teacher in trouble for "black face" Kanye West Halloween costume; Double standard?

I guess it's ok to use makeup and paint to imitate a person of opposite race as long as you aren't white.

You poor, oppressed white guy. How do you do it? You must survive every day in this land where you are so disadvantaged. Your perserverence is admirable.

Maybe he shouldn't have gotten in trouble, but context does matter. The other examples you gave were actors in comedies. Remember Robert Downey Jr. playing a black guy in Tropic Thunder? And the biggest outrage over that movie was them using the word retard a few times.

Maybe he shouldn't have gotten in trouble, but context does matter. The other examples you gave were actors in comedies. Remember Robert Downey Jr. playing a black guy in Tropic Thunder? And the biggest outrage over that movie was them using the word retard a few times.

Well....doing Kanye for Halloween is funny. Can ONLY Hollywood libs do that?

You poor, oppressed white guy. How do you do it? You must survive every day in this land where you are so disadvantaged. Your perserverence is admirable.

AH. SO you libs wanted to have the race talk....but racial double standards are off limits? You are all "racial cowards".

Having a talk about race isn't done by whining about things like this.

It isn't done by pretending that a black guy going in white face is exactly the same as a white guy going in black face.

Is the teacher in question a racist? I don't think so. His apology seems sincere. In a perfect world, this issue would be a non issue. But.....the world isn't perfect. There is an imperfect history that comes into play.

Having a discussion about race with you is hardly possible. You feel disadvantaged by your whiteness. That makes you a fucking idiot.

AH. SO you libs wanted to have the race talk....but racial double standards are off limits? You are all "racial cowards".

It isn't done by pretending that a black guy going in white face is exactly the same as a white guy going in black face.

Is the teacher in question a racist? I don't think so. His apology seems sincere. In a perfect world, this issue would be a non issue. But.....the world isn't perfect. There is an imperfect history that comes into play.

Having a discussion about race with you is hardly possible. You feel disadvantaged by your whiteness. That makes you a fucking idiot.

Says who? YOU? Black people dress in white face for comedy and it's ok. Whites dress in black face for comedy...and it's an outrage.

Even you point out its a double standard...and in a perfect racial world it wouldn't be.

Well....then let's equalize it. Either get outraged at both or neither. Right?

If you all want all races treated equally in all issues...I suggest you all get started in doing exactly THAT.

Says who? YOU? Black people dress in white face for comedy and it's ok. Whites dress in black face for comedy...and it's an outrage.

Even you point out its a double standard...and in a perfect racial world it wouldn't be.

If you all want all races treated equally in all issues...I suggest you all get started in doing exactly THAT.

You fail to understand......or are being willfully ignorant. You do both here often....so I'm not sure which one it is this time.

My advice, go show your black neighbor this forum and let him read your stuff here. I'm sure he'll explain it all to you in a way that you can understand.

You fail to understand......or are being willfully ignorant. You do both here often....so I'm not sure which one it is this time.

My advice, go show your black neighbor this forum and let him read your stuff here. I'm sure he'll explain it all to you in a way that you can understand.

Then explain.

I think all races should be treated equally in all matters. Do you agree??

My neighbor would probably agree with 95% of what conservatives here write...me included. He's a Hootie style black guy....in other words...acts like a normal human being with a job and good family.

If a white person wants to go as Kanye he's NOT suppose to make his face black? wtf? People are so damn thin skinned.

Either it's ok for all or it isn't, period. No more of the double standard, pc-out-the-ass, we were SLAVES and omg that's so racist! bullshit. Stop whining and for God's sake, STOP apologizing.

If a white person wants to go as Kanye he's NOT suppose to make his face black? wtf? People are so damn thin skinned.

Either it's ok for all or it isn't, period. No more of the double standard, pc-out-the-ass, we were SLAVES and omg that's so racist! bullshit. Stop whining and for God's sake, STOP apologizing.

Well....apparently the lefties are not ready to treat all races equal yet.

I personally think black face and white face are hilarious. Especially Dave Chapelle as the white news anchor...that shit was classic comedy!!

Then explain.

My neighbor would probably agree with 95% of what conservatives here write...me included. He's a Hootie style black guy....in other words...acts like a normal human being with a job and good family.

I have already explained. You are not getting it.

A "hootie style" black guy? Is that a Hootie and the Blowfish reference?

What does that have to do with the OP. Care to comment on that? Was it the right thing for to do for either parties?

-Geaux

Then explain.

You said the races aren't treated equally in this instance. I said they should be. Racial double standards must be eliminated completely.

And yes it's a Hootie reference. Darius Rucker is a native of our city and a lot of black guys here are a lot like him...in other words...just like everyone else except they happen to be black.

Then explain.

You said the races aren't treated equally in this instance. I said they should be. Racial double standards must be eliminated completely.

And yes it's a Hootie reference. Darius Rucker is a native of our city and a lot of black guys here are a lot like him...in other words...just like everyone else except they happen to be black.

You are a freak.

White clown faces on Hispanics here as USMB avatars is OK. But a white guy and his girl dress up as one of Hollywood's premier couples and he is sent packing as a racist

I guess 2 + 2 now equals 5

-Geaux

Then explain.

You are a freak.

AH....excellent point of view on the topic. Always count on liberals to really push the discussion to new depths.

Then explain.

You are a freak.

AH....excellent point of view on the topic. Always count on liberals to really push the discussion to new depths.

They are deep. They're very busy to ensure they don't step on any spiders or ants, stuff like that... while on the way to the public trough of free chit

-Geaux

Forum List

Back