Teacher in trouble for "black face" Kanye West Halloween costume; Double standard?

Besides, it's a fucking Halloween costume, no? Good grief, stop the inane train.

The costume isn't the issue. The blackface is. There is history to consider.

If the teacher had worn an actual mask with the likeness of Kanye West....he'd have had zero complaints. This is not me making that up.....it's a fact. There are mass produced masks of black celebrities available for sale. White people wear them all the time. No problem.

This is a learning opportunity. Take it.

No. Some people need to stop being so "uber" sensitive. It's a costume. It doesn't mean anything except someone wanted it to look authentic. :rolleyes-41: I suppose if you want to see and look for "hate" in everything, this is to be expected.

I can see this isn't a topic wher you are willing to see the other side.

May I suggest that you go to Bucs thread about the kid who was assaulted by the school cop in class.

I can see the other side just fine. I can also see that you have no sense of humor. I would think it funny if I saw a black man dressed up as a white guy and had painted his face white. It is being creative is all. It's people like yourself who help keep a "racial divide" amongst us when you cannot even laugh at a costume.

Nope. I can find humor in whiteface.....and I would probably have found humor in this teacher's costume had I been at the party. I'm sure he didn't mean any harm. It all goes to context.

However, I'm not upset that someone else was offended by the blackface. They have a point of view that I am willing to consider. That is what separates you and me here.

The OP is divisive.....is it not? Answer truthfully, please. I'm getting bored.

I'm not here to discuss the OP. I disagree with the original poster on MANY issues. This is just stupid. It's a damn costume, and some of you need to lighten up.

WCSC : Alabama teacher apologizes for wearing blackface

So....a teacher and his wife go as Kanye West and Kim Kardashian for Halloween. He uses brown paint to "black face" himself..and.....the PC outrage begins.

Hmmm. I don't recall the outrage when the Wayans Brothers used "white face" or when Dave Chappelle used "white face"

downey-jr-tropic-thunder.jpg

Besides, it's a fucking Halloween costume, no? Good grief, stop the inane train.

If the teacher had worn an actual mask with the likeness of Kanye West....he'd have had zero complaints. This is not me making that up.....it's a fact. There are mass produced masks of black celebrities available for sale. White people wear them all the time. No problem.

No. Some people need to stop being so "uber" sensitive. It's a costume. It doesn't mean anything except someone wanted it to look authentic. :rolleyes-41: I suppose if you want to see and look for "hate" in everything, this is to be expected.
Bingo.

But yes, some do see and look for the "hate" in everything.

Oh btw, black face has been commonly known as offensive for about 70 years.

Does offensive status have a time limit or minimum? You faggots find a new outrage every day.

Yeah but thats why I said this has been commonly known as offensive for almost a Century. So, yanno...It hasnt been confusing for a while now. Are you upset about something newer and this is your way of acting out?

WCSC : Alabama teacher apologizes for wearing blackface

So....a teacher and his wife go as Kanye West and Kim Kardashian for Halloween. He uses brown paint to "black face" himself..and.....the PC outrage begins.

Hmmm. I don't recall the outrage when the Wayans Brothers used "white face" or when Dave Chappelle used "white face"

OMFG! Why didn't he just say he was going as Hillary doing her black imitation!!

Bingo.

Earmuffs, bitch.

Robert Downey Jr's "Lincoln Osiris" character in Tropic Thunder was hilarious on TWO levels:

First, the character was one of the funniest movie performances ever.

And second, even better, the Regressive Left went completely drama queen over it:

Why Blackface is NEVER Okay
Racial Backlash Over Upcoming Film?
TRUTH FIRST: The racism of 'blackface' and "Tropic Thunder"

And the funniest part was that the Regressive Left were so busy being "offended" that they completely missed the point, that the movie was making fun of the white guy who thought he could "act" like a black guy.

Fabulous, all around.

Robert Downey Jr's "Lincoln Osiris" character in Tropic Thunder was hilarious on TWO levels:

Whoa, it was good but calm down.

And second, even better, the Regressive Left went completely drama queen over it:

And the funniest part was that the Regressive Left were so busy being "offended" that they completely missed the point, that the movie was making fun of the white guy who thought he could "act" like a black guy.

Fabulous, all around.

Did you just try to claim that the left hates the lefts hollywood while proclaiming it was a success because of conservative fans? :rofl:

:spinner:Weeeeee....

And I posted it but I hated it and you're the REAL supporter! :spinner: Whoooppeeeeee

Bingo.

Earmuffs, bitch.

:D And some blinders too. That way nothing will offend you. I mean, those offensive costumes are unbearable! Lol.

Black face is never cool ChrisL....Theres no amount of reasons people who do it give for why it should be ok. But heres the point. Its not.

Halloween, in honor of, close gathering etc etc....

Whoa, it was good but calm down.

Fabulous, all around.

Did you just try to claim that the left hates the lefts hollywood while proclaiming it was a success because of conservative fans? :rofl:

:spinner:Weeeeee....

And I posted it but I hated it and you're the REAL supporter! :spinner: Whoooppeeeeee
No, that's not what I claimed, but I realize that dishonest hardcore partisan ideologues like you need to run with their straw men.

Nice to see that you felt compelled to challenge my post, racist.

Forum List

Back