Teacher Tells Student He Can Be Arrested for Speaking Ill of Obama

The things people get away with saying about this president could be a good discussion in class. He's been called all kinds of disrespectful names and accused of being a murderer, terrorist, a real live monster.. His wife too. Same with Clinton and his wife.

If anyone said these terrible things about the Republican presidents, oh my goodness. There would be hell to pay especially around here. And we'd better not try and say anything about Laura.. :eek:

I think it would be a very good thing if Rush and Hannity were arrested. Maybe Beck too.
But enough about George W. Bush.

The things people get away with saying about this president could be a good discussion in class. He's been called all kinds of disrespectful names and accused of being a murderer, terrorist, a real live monster.. His wife too. Same with Clinton and his wife.

If anyone said these terrible things about the Republican presidents, oh my goodness. There would be hell to pay especially around here. And we'd better not try and say anything about Laura.. :eek:

I think it would be a very good thing if Rush and Hannity were arrested. Maybe Beck too.
But enough about George W. Bush.
:clap2:

The teacher's name should be disclosed and be interviewed. Then a dehate on teacher unions and tenure should be held.

She was named and now on administrative suspension, with full pay and benefits:

Tanya Dixon-Neely

North Rowan High teacher suspended after yelling at student over Obama criticism | JournalNow.com

SPENCER --

A Rowan County high school teacher was suspended with pay from her job Monday following the release of a YouTube video in which she is heard yelling at a student in class and telling him it's wrong to criticize President Barack Obama.

The 10-minute video captured the sound of the dispute but mostly showed what appeared to be the classroom ceiling at North Rowan High School. It had about 450,000 views on YouTube as of Monday evening and was the focus of national media attention, including from talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

In the video, Tanya Dixon-Neely and her students debate several political issues, including a discussion about Obama and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

The conversation starts with the class talking about recent accusations that Romney bullied someone as a teen in the 1960s. Dixon-Neely, a social studies teacher, then argues with some students who question whether Obama bullied someone in high school as well.

"That's disrespect. This man (Romney) is a presidential candidate. He's not the president," Dixon-Neely is heard shouting. "Let me tell you something. You will not disrespect the president of the United States in this classroom."

"I'll say what I want," a male student replied.

"Not about him you won't," Dixon-Neely replied.

"I'm going to call my dad real quick. We'll see," the student added. "I didn't disrespect him. I was just asking a question. I have different beliefs."

Later in the video, at least one student curses when the discussion changes to former President George W. Bush.

"Do you realize that people were arrested for saying things bad about Bush?" Dixon-Neely said. "You are not supposed to slander.

"As a social studies teacher I cannot allow you to slander any president in here, past or present. If that's the case, somebody could say negative things about the tea party."...

Wow. So a teacher can't tell her student he/she will not disrespect the president in her classroom and the kid threatens to call his dad?

wtf is wrong with you people.

Wow. So a teacher can't tell her student he/she will not disrespect the president in her classroom and the kid threatens to call his dad?

How is citing his own book disrespecting him?

Why is it wrong to expect teachers to teach students instead of try to politically indoctrinate them?

Why is it wrong to expect teachers to calmly discuss issues with reason and not have a double standard?

Why is it wrong to expect a teacher to not to lie about a student to his parents because of political difference?

The real question is WTF is wrong with you for supporting this nonsense?

Why is it wrong to expect teachers to teach students instead of try to politically indoctrinate them?

Why is it wrong to expect teachers to calmly discuss issues with reason and not have a double standard?

Why is it wrong to expect a teacher to not to lie about a student to his parents because of political difference?

When is it OK for the adult teacher to get into a shouting match with the teenage student?

American exceptionalism exists because we are free...but our liberty is dwindling...

This^

I disagree with one aspect.

American exceptionalism exists, not because we are free, but because we are, or were good. We are free because we are good.

It's only through making the right choices that we remain free.

Last edited:

When is it OK for the adult teacher to get into a shouting match with the teenage student?

It never is as far as I'm concerned. Ravi clearly thinks differently.

It never is as far as I'm concerned. Ravi clearly thinks differently.

I should have said you left out this question. sorry about that.

now tell us true, can't you just hear this bitch screaming "you will not dis resoect the President of the United States" when President Bush was in office?

and this is what we get and it calls it'self a teacher. wow/

Forum List

Back