Teaching Black history is not an attack on White Americans

CRT is not about teaching history and the history we were taught was done with an agenda called white supremacy.

I acknowledged that and the shortcoming in CRT is that it is an agenda absent historical scholarship.

No he did not. Look fool, the majority of black slaves were owned by whites so don't try arguing about 1 black slaveowner as if blacks made slavery legal in America. Ellison did not breed 3.62 million slaves.
No but he did breed slaves,, 16% of the slaveowners in Louisiana were Black people , Blacks owned slaves whites owned slaves, latins. You’re still slaves today.. dis agree with democrats watch what happens lol

No but he did breed slaves,, 16% of the slaveowners in Louisiana were Black people , Blacks owned slaves whites owned slaves, latins. You’re still slaves today.. dis agree with democrats watch what happens lol
Lol. You asked for this.

How Many Slaves Did Blacks Own?

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by Carter G. Woodson, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people. In his essay, " 'The Known World' of Free Black Slaveholders," Thomas J. Pressly, using Woodson's statistics, calculated that 54 (or about 1 percent) of these black slave owners in 1830 owned between 20 and 84 slaves; 172 (about 4 percent) owned between 10 to 19 slaves; and 3,550 (about 94 percent) each owned between 1 and 9 slaves. Crucially, 42 percent owned just one slave.

Pressly also shows that the percentage of free black slave owners as the total number of free black heads of families was quite high in several states, namely 43 percent in South Carolina, 40 percent in Louisiana, 26 percent in Mississippi, 25 percent in Alabama and 20 percent in Georgia. So why did these free black people own these slaves?

It is reasonable to assume that the 42 percent of the free black slave owners who owned just one slave probably owned a family member to protect that person, as did many of the other black slave owners who owned only slightly larger numbers of slaves. As Woodson put it in 1924's Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the United States in 1830, "The census records show that the majority of the Negro owners of slaves were such from the point of view of philanthropy. In many instances the husband purchased the wife or vice versa … Slaves of Negroes were in some cases the children of a free father who had purchased his wife. If he did not thereafter emancipate the mother, as so many such husbands failed to do, his own children were born his slaves and were thus reported to the numerators."

Moreover, Woodson explains, "Benevolent Negroes often purchased slaves to make their lot easier by granting them their freedom for a nominal sum, or by permitting them to work it out on liberal terms." In other words, these black slave-owners, the clear majority, cleverly used the system of slavery to protect their loved ones.

Your post is disingenuous.

Well you don’t know history
Apparently I know it better than you. You pointed out William Ellison, I guess next you'll be talking about Anthony Johnson and will use a picture of Lewis Hayden to make your claim. You said 16 percent of the slaveowners in Louisiana were black. That means 84 percent were white. What you also failed to note was that the majority of those slaveowners purchased family members.

Lol! When you are ignorant you should not make such comments.

“From 1894 until the end of World War I, Rwanda, along with Burundi and present-day Tanzania, was part of German East Africa. Belgium claimed it thereafter, becoming the administering authority from 1924 to 1962. During their colonial tenure, the Germans and Belgians ruled Rwanda indirectly through Tutsi monarchs and their chiefs. The colonialists developed the socalled Hamitic hypothesis or myth, which held that the Tutsi and everything humanly superior in Central Africa came from ancient Egypt or Abyssinia. The Europeans regarded Hutu and Twa (about 3% of the population) as inferior to Tutsi. Sixty years of such prejudicial fabrications inflated Tutsi egos inordinately and crushed Hutu feelings, which coalesced into an aggressively resentful inferiority complex.”

In America, we were shown the horrors of an attempted genocide that happened in Rwanda. We are told a half story about the Hutus and Tutsi’s that makes it look like one side woke up one day and decided to erase the other side. Unless you go to scholars who study Africa or talk to a Rwandan, the American half story is all you know.

Rwanda and Burundi had existed for centuries without European assistance but as a result of the Berlin Conference in 1884, whites decided that Germany could have Rwanda and Burundi. In 1916 Belgian took control of Rwanda and Burundi due to a League of Nations mandate. Once Rwanda was colonized by Europeans, the colonizers invented a fake racial hierarchy whereby the Europeans deemed themselves superior, decided that the Tutsis were closer to white than the Hutus, and in doing so gave Tutsis preference over the Hutus. Under this fake hierarchy Tutsis were deemed more intelligent and were born to rule while Hutu’s were given second class status.

This European construct once put in force limited the employment opportunities and educational attainment for the Hutus. Because the Tutsi were considered by the colonizers as the preferred group, Tutsis were accepted into positions Hutus were not allowed to have. To enforce this system of preference, in 1935 the Belgian colonizers introduced identity cards labeling each individual as Tutsi, Hutu, Twa, or Naturalised. Before that time it had been possible for some Hutus to become “honorary Tutsis,” but the implementation of identity cards eliminated that possibility, thereby cementing Hutu second class status.

All this was based on what is called the Hamidic Hypothesis, which claims that blacks are the cursed descendants of Ham and whites the descendants of Japheth. Using Genesis 9:25 whereby Ham was cursed because he looked upon Noah's nudity, white supremacists have claimed justification for slavery and black second-class status. Besides the fact that would have made one of Noah’s sons black and the other white, the point is that Europeans created a false history and fake racial superiority between African tribes to control a nation in order to colonize the people living there. Belgium's rule favoring the Tutsi created hatred and animosity. Tensions grew between the groups and in 1959 Rwanda had a revolution whereby the Hutus killed Tutsis, destroyed Tutsi property, and made the Tutsis flee the country. All this was the result of the colonization of Rwanda by Europeans.

To make a long story short, Rwanda was granted independence in 1962. Funny how I say that when they had been independent before the Berlin Conference. Africans are not perfect and over the centuries before the Berlin Conference there were wars in Africa just like there were everywhere else. However, the 58 years of colonization created periods of strife after Rwanda gained independence. Every once and awhile Tutsis living in surrounding countries would attack and were met with retaliation from Hutus until the 1990 civil war that resulted in the near genocide of the Tutsis. When white Americans start preaching about the ills of Africa as a whataboutism relative to race, it would behoove them mightily to research the history of whatever country they choose to try using to excuse the racism in America.
Once again you use events of generations ago to justify the brutal violence of some people who happen to share the color of your skin. Billions of dollars have been spent trying to help African Americans raise their standards of living and quality of life. Programs, special treatment and set asides, affirmative action programs and a host of other give aways so people can raise themselves up. But generations sit and do nothing and the crimes the people of color commit against each other are abhorrent and are no ones fault but those who commit them and those who excuse them.. You nor anyone alive in your family have ever been slaves. Mostly because of white people, black people have been voted into office including the highest office in our land. The VP who over sees the division where I work is a female of color, hired after I was. So the opportunity for hard working people of any heritage or background exists for those who choose to earn their own way.

Yet people in Africa are still sold into slavery today and the corruption in those lands forces tens of millions to live on less than 1 dollar a day even as the continent has more natural resources than anywhere else on earth. Thats not the Colonials fault, that's the fault of the people who live there. You do nothing to help people in this country understand each other so we can all live together and be successful. You are here in an attempt to justify your hate filled racism and to stir others into thinking bad thoughts they would otherwise not have. The ONLY thing you ever talk about is your hatred of people who do not look like you. So stop being another Smollet and do things that make it better for everyone not worse.

Apparently I know it better than you. You pointed out William Ellison, I guess next you'll be talking about Anthony Johnson and will use a picture of Lewis Hayden to make your claim. You said 16 percent of the slaveowners in Louisiana were black. That means 84 percent were white. What you also failed to note was that the majority of those slaveowners purchased family members.
I bet they did purchase family members 🤣🤣🤣

Learn something my young brother Amala Ekpunobi: Why I Left the Left | PragerU

stop using other blacks to push your left wing agenda

Last edited:
We have slavery today, ever see a black try to disagree with a democrat?
I have no idea what point you might be trying to make. Are you trying to say the US condones slavery as it once did?

I have no idea what point you might be trying to make. Are you trying to say the US condones slavery as it once did?
Absolutely dEMOCRATS are flooding America on our southern border with servants.. democrats literally go to restaurants and will force servers to wear masks. They are making poor Americans even poorer with this immigration.. what’s the intent? To flood America with more subservient people? Why

Slavery was created long ago, but we, as a country participated in the vile action.
You asked a white poster f the fact slavery existed elsewhere justified slavery here and then ignored IM2 when he excused blacks owning slaves.

You asked a white poster f the fact slavery existed elsewhere justified slavery here and then ignored IM2 when he excused blacks owning slaves.
Well, yes. Yes I did. One person's evil behavor doesn't justify another person's evil behavior.

Forum List

Back