Teaparty showing its ability to derail the Republican Party

If the Republicans do better than average, in a midterm of this variety, and the 'tea party candidates' win an overwhelmingly large proportion of their races,

then the tea party people can have their victory lap.

The tea partiers just put an 11 point underdog into the race in Delaware, by defeating an 11 point favorite.

You know O and the dems have problems when Gibbs is arguing in favor and alongside Rove against O Donnel. I mean, this is solid gold.

You know O and the dems have problems when Gibbs is arguing in favor and alongside Rove against O Donnel. I mean, this is solid gold.

perhaps the more reasonable way of looking at it is that the candidate and tea partiers have major issue if karl rove and the white house ... and the entire republican establishment agree on a candidate.

:)

occam's razor, yes?

perhaps the more reasonable way of looking at it is that the candidate and tea partiers have major issue if karl rove and the white house ... and the entire republican establishment agree on a candidate.

occam's razor, yes?

Oh now, jillian. Remember, the establishment said to vote for McCain and he got whacked in a landslide. Besides, I thought yall wanted all those old, dirty, angry white males out of there, lol.

occam's razor, yes?

Oh now, jillian. Remember, the establishment said to vote for McCain and he got whacked in a landslide. Besides, I thought yall wanted all those old, dirty, angry white males out of there, lol.

mccain would have won but for looking incompetent during the financial meltdown...and picking palin showed a lack of judgment.

different story.

i don't like angry anything... i have no problem with smart conservatives. they have an important role same as smart and compassionate liberals. i have a problem with stupid people, reactionaries and racists.... of any political persuasion. (and no, i'm not calling the bimbette a racist... i'm speaking generally).

Last edited:

occam's razor, yes?

mccain would have won but for looking incompetent during the financial meltdown...and picking palin showed a lack of judgment.

different story.

i don't like angry anything... i have no problem with smart conservatives. they have an important role same as smart and compassionate liberals. i have a problem with stupid people, reactionaries and racists.... of any political persuasion. (and no, i'm not calling the bimbette a racist... i'm speaking generally).

Oh, I know. You always have been pretty sensible!!! Bimbette? Isn't that sexist?

occam's razor, yes?

Tell us who would have done better in 2008 than McCain.

different story.

Oh, I know. You always have been pretty sensible!!! Bimbette? Isn't that sexist?

no... liking her b/c she's semi-attractive is, though.

occam's razor, yes?

what election are you referring to? ....

occam's razor, yes?

You got me. I don't think any R could have won two years ago. Likewise, I don't see O winning in 12. Probably won't be that close either. We could have a LOT of one termers if the economy stays in the crapper.

occam's razor, yes?

what election are you referring to? ....

The 08 election. However, there wasn't much to choose from that year.

You got me. I don't think any R could have won two years ago. Likewise, I don't see O winning in 12. Probably won't be that close either. We could have a LOT of one termers if the economy stays in the crapper.

Ah, an honest answer. I've asked that question many a time to many a claim that McCain lost because he wasn't conservative enough.

The tea partiers just put an 11 point underdog into the race in Delaware, by defeating an 11 point favorite.
You just hit on the crux of problem. If there is little difference between the winner and loser of a primary, then the winner will have no problem picking up the votes of the loser in the general election. However, this not the case with most of the tea party candidates.

While a victory for a tea bagger in a primary may energize the far right, it is also likely to energize the left. Since Tea-baggers will need the support of moderate Republicans and often conservative Democrats, a Tea-bagger victory in the primary is not necessary a good thing for the Republicans in the general election.

Although Republicans could win the House, I think they have lost the Senate.

You just hit on the crux of problem. If there is little difference between the winner and loser of a primary, then the winner will have no problem picking up the votes of the loser in the general election. However, this not the case with most of the tea party candidates.

While a victory for a tea bagger in a primary may energize the far right, it is also likely to energize the left. Since Tea-baggers will need the support of moderate Republicans and often conservative Democrats, a Tea-bagger victory in the primary is not necessary a good thing for the Republicans in the general election.

You guys all miss the point. The Tea Party is not by default Republican. It is A grass roots conservative movement. It's goal is not to hand the Republicans Majority's, It is to Force the republicans back to our values.

It appears to me that you people are so wrapped up in Party politics you can not fathom that so many people are choosing Ideology over Party for a change.

Regardless of the outcome it is very refreshing to me.

occam's razor, yes?

different story.

Seems reasonable. Now do you recognize, that especially since Obama was elected. charges of People being Racist are shall we say. Through the roof lol.

Not every person who talks about Limited Gov, Fiscal responsibility, states rights, and traditional Constitutional Interpretation is a racist. I know I am not. I am sure there are racists in the Tea Party. it is inevitable when the president is black that the Racist white crowd would gravitate toward this new party that is so Opposed to Obama. However I Believe that most of them are like me, Who until now never even thought of himself as a Tea Party guy by the way, but now that I am seeing them stick to their Ideals and push these Rino Republicans out despite that it may lose seats for the Republicans over all, I am more and more drawn to them.

It is like a perfect fit. For years now I have been turned of by the democrats, and clinging to a republican party that said one thing and did Another. That claimed to stand for my ideals but with Bush and the Congressional Republicans of his time, at least on Domestic Issues I care about, acted more like Liberals, or just plain Stupid.

So I have been searching for a party that actually governed like I wanted and did not just pay lip service to it.

So I could not be happier with what I see happening in these primaries, Damn the consequences for the Republicans this Election.

The Intent all along was to "derail The republican party" where ever and when ever they support candidates like Castle. Mission complete.

Last edited:

You guys all miss the point. The Tea Party is not by default Republican. It is A grass roots conservative movement. It's goal is not to hand the Republicans Majority's, It is to Force the republicans back to our values.

It appears to me that you people are so wrapped up in Party politics you can not fathom that so many people are choosing Ideology over Party for a change.

Regardless of the outcome it is very refreshing to me.
Maybe the Tea Party is not by default Republican, but you can bet that just about every Tea-baggers will vote Republican. The Tea Party is the right wing of the Republican Party.

As the Tea Party pushes the Republican party further to the right, it leaves little room for more moderate Republicans. Their only choice is voting as Independent or Democrat. The bottom line is that as a party moves far to the left or right it excludes more voters. You win elections by including voters not excluding them.

This is a pretty good analogy. I also recall Repubs initially wetting themselves over the possiblity that the two parties may become one. Some even went so far as to say that THEY would like to Join the Tea Party.

This concept has yet to find a home in reality, but it's clear that the Repubs had better either help, or STFU and get out of the way.

NO MORE RINO'S

When will they ever learn?

NO MORE RINO'S

When you vote vote for your beliefs not your party

NO MORE RINO'S

In this case the people of Delaware would have prefered a RINO to the Democratic candidate

Now that their only choice is a Tea Bagger....they will go Dem

Whether you want RINOs elected or not makes no difference...it is the people doing the voting

What is your major malfunction? I don't care where you live or who you are, Conservatives do not RINO'S. The people of delaware picked who?

I must say that i was ecstatic when i saw how much Karl Rove dislikes O'Donnell. I wanted to whip out my checkbook right away for her. If a phony Neocon Check Pant goon like Roves dislikes her,you know she's the right choice. Go get em O'Donnell! :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AeJzpjefH4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Karl Rove- There Are 'A Lot Of Nutty Things' O'Donnell's Been Saying[/ame]

Well Dick or is it penus? THis proves it rove and Bush both are liberal plants.

Forum List

Back