Ted Cruz has no intentions of ever being President

ran across this off another site: At least Republican/conservatives ask this of their candidates. for Obama they just ran to the polls like zombies, no questions asked

SNIP:
[Why should you, a one term Senator, be the GOP’s nominee?]

“Why should Cruz be President? Let us count the ways...

Pretty impressive...
• Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 - May 2008, Cruz was the first Hispanic Solicitor General in Texas, the youngest Solicitor General in the entire country, not to mention the longest tenure in Texas history.
• Partner at the law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national appellate litigation practice.
• Cruz has authored 80+ SCOTUS briefs and presented 40+ oral arguments before The Court
• Cruz served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William Rehnquist. Cruz was the first Hispanic ever to clerk for a Chief Justice of the United States
• Described as a ‘superb’ constitutional lawyer, the man’s considerable skills and laser-like focus were on display for all when he took oily reptile Eric Holder by the neck and made him
answer the damn question.
• In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz assembled a coalition of 31 states in defense of the principle that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.
• Cruz presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
• In addition to his victory in Heller, Cruz has successfully defended the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds, the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools and the majority of the 2003 Texas redistricting plan. Cruz also successfully defended, in Medellin v. Texas, the State of Texas against an attempt by the International Court of Justice to re-open the criminal convictions of 51 murderers on death row throughout the United States.
• Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission
• Domestic Policy Advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign.
• Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation
• Ted Cruz is currently junior US Senator from Texas. In order to win the 2012 Republican nomination for the Senate seat vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison, Cruz had to defeat Texas Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst -heavily favored/backed by the DC old-guard GOP- in the Republican primary runoff. In the event, TEA Party favorite Cruz crushed Dewhurst, 57-43%...
he then beat Democrat Paul Sadler in the general election by a similar margin, 56-41. Cruz is also endorsed by the Tea Party Movement and the Republican Liberty Caucus.
• AWARDS: “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business,” Chambers USA (2009 & 2010) “50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America,” National Law Journal (2008) “25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century,” Texas Lawyer (2010) “20 Young Hispanic Americans on the Rise,” Newsweek (1999) Traphagen Distinguished Alumnus, Harvard Law School
• On November 14, 2012, Cruz was appointed vice-chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. He is now spearheading efforts in the Senate to have root-and-branch...
Godspeed, Senator Cruz- I’m all in.

Redirector
The Fair and Relevant Question After 8 Years of Obama Why Should GOP Nominate a One-Term Senator

Last edited:
Not really

This is a political message board and this is what we do. A month from now, the rest of the GOP candidates will be in the race and Cruz will be an afterthought

I think you've nailed Cruz exactly. He knows he can't win and is looking to increase his own power.

This general election will be a lot like the last one. The candidates will be one flash in the pan after another and their own records and words will scuttle each of them, one after another.
We've heard of the Republican Galahad riding in to save the day before. Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry have all been regarded as the 'front runner' only to be a footnote by the time the convention rolls around.

Cruz has what seems like several hundred 'debates' and stump speeches and Q & As to get through before it can be accurately determined if he holds enough sway to be the Conservative kingmaker.

Then, he can move back to Texas and star in his own reality TV show, like another would be king maker.

Guys like Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry came in thinking they had a shot. Cruz does not have a shot, that is why he came in first

Cruz will go to the debates not to win, but to nail down his conservative credentials. You can't buy publicity like that
Dragging a party to the extreme only serves the opposition party. Cruz should study the Ted Kennedy 1980 run and how Carter was hurt resulting in 8 years of Reagan.

but you support obama and hillary---------two of the most far left democrats in history.
Not so. Hillary, and by Hillary I mean Bill, supported NAFTA and workfare and don't ask don't tell. Hardly the most far left positions.

You want far left? Look at the 1972 George McGovern candidacy. Look to the 1980 Ted Kennedy candidacy. Look at Ralph Nader and the Green Party.

With superlatives such as 'most', one must be careful because, as we know, in politics, there are no absolutes.

The dems are cheering. But, with a nervous caveat of Reagan. But, Reagan ran to the middle, and he really didn't speak ill of other republicans, neither of which seem to be in Cruz's arsenal.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ruz-path-to-presidency.html?ref=politics&_r=0

I'm not sure the dems should be cheering though. I'd think Cruz will take votes from Walker, as well as Huck and the clown posse. If that happens, Jeb will benefit. Cruz's bet is that he can get into a "me or Jeb race."

The difference between Reagan and Cruz is that Reagan was likeable

Wow, Cruz doesn't appeal to left wingers who wouldn't vote for him anyway. Now that has to bother Cruz supporters a lot...

Most Republicans hate Cruz

You mean like you? LOL. No one's claim to be a Republican is shallower than yours. Though there are others just as bad like Joe and Oduim.

Most Republicans know nothing about Cruz other than what they have seen through the filter of the liberal media. I don't know how he'll do, but so far we know nothing about how he'll do.

Cruz is disliked by his own party
Boehner and McConnell despise him

Rand Paul will not have anything to do with him

Can you point to any Republicans that he is a close political ally with?

I think you've nailed Cruz exactly. He knows he can't win and is looking to increase his own power.

This general election will be a lot like the last one. The candidates will be one flash in the pan after another and their own records and words will scuttle each of them, one after another.
We've heard of the Republican Galahad riding in to save the day before. Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry have all been regarded as the 'front runner' only to be a footnote by the time the convention rolls around.

Cruz has what seems like several hundred 'debates' and stump speeches and Q & As to get through before it can be accurately determined if he holds enough sway to be the Conservative kingmaker.

Then, he can move back to Texas and star in his own reality TV show, like another would be king maker.

Guys like Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry came in thinking they had a shot. Cruz does not have a shot, that is why he came in first

Cruz will go to the debates not to win, but to nail down his conservative credentials. You can't buy publicity like that

Cruz really scares you libs doesn't he? If he is so stupid and incompetent and has no chance, why so many threads about him today?

Actually, no he doesn't

He scares Republicans hoping to win a general election in Nov 16. He will force statements and concessions from the eventual GOP nominee that Democrats will exploit

what you far lefties fail to grasp is the the majority of the country is much more like Cruz than like clinton.

thats what you are really scared about, and you know it somewhere deep down inside.
A third of the country thinks Cruz is right and there could be no better alternative. A third believes the same of Hillary.

That middle third is where elections are won. Just as in baseball every tem is going to win 50 games, every team is going to lose 50 games. It's what you do in the other 62 games that makes a difference.

It's obvious Cruz scares the shit out of left loons, you all keep harping and harping and harping over him

Not really

This is a political message board and this is what we do. A month from now, the rest of the GOP candidates will be in the race and Cruz will be an afterthought

The last GOP primary was about "Anybody but Romney" with once challenger after the other popping up to be the next anti-Romney

I don't think there will be an "Anybody but Bush" in this election

Just saw where the shrub plans to "campaign" for Jeb.

In Dallas.

:happy-1:

Didn't work out that well when JFK did it

The dems are cheering. But, with a nervous caveat of Reagan. But, Reagan ran to the middle, and he really didn't speak ill of other republicans, neither of which seem to be in Cruz's arsenal.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ruz-path-to-presidency.html?ref=politics&_r=0

I'm not sure the dems should be cheering though. I'd think Cruz will take votes from Walker, as well as Huck and the clown posse. If that happens, Jeb will benefit. Cruz's bet is that he can get into a "me or Jeb race."

The difference between Reagan and Cruz is that Reagan was likeable

Wow, Cruz doesn't appeal to left wingers who wouldn't vote for him anyway. Now that has to bother Cruz supporters a lot...

Most Republicans hate Cruz

You mean like you? LOL. No one's claim to be a Republican is shallower than yours. Though there are others just as bad like Joe and Oduim.

Most Republicans know nothing about Cruz other than what they have seen through the filter of the liberal media. I don't know how he'll do, but so far we know nothing about how he'll do.

Cruz is disliked by his own party
Boehner and McConnell despise him

Rand Paul will not have anything to do with him

Can you point to any Republicans that he is a close political ally with?

You're missing the entire point, Cruz is fighting the GOP establishment, that is attractive to conservatives.

Cruz really scares you libs doesn't he? If he is so stupid and incompetent and has no chance, why so many threads about him today?

Actually, no he doesn't

He scares Republicans hoping to win a general election in Nov 16. He will force statements and concessions from the eventual GOP nominee that Democrats will exploit

what you far lefties fail to grasp is the the majority of the country is much more like Cruz than like clinton.

thats what you are really scared about, and you know it somewhere deep down inside.

There is no evidence to support that at all

Like her or not, Hillary still polls well with the public and has a high approval factor

Cruz polls well with about 25% of the electorate

Actually, no he doesn't

A third of the country thinks Cruz is right and there could be no better alternative. A third believes the same of Hillary.

That middle third is where elections are won. Just as in baseball every tem is going to win 50 games, every team is going to lose 50 games. It's what you do in the other 62 games that makes a difference.
I wonder about the turn out effect, of Hillary, Jeb and Cruz. Cruz will run to the right of even Walker, and while Walker can speak will of other gopers, Cruz does tend to be polarizing.

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

That is where Cruz's power will be

So he's running an anti-big tent campaign? Where only the ideologically 'pure' are worthy to be called conservatives?

Sigh......the GOP's sick autocannablism fetish has started chewing early, it seems.

Actually, no he doesn't

I wonder about the turn out effect, of Hillary, Jeb and Cruz. Cruz will run to the right of even Walker, and while Walker can speak will of other gopers, Cruz does tend to be polarizing.

time will tell I guess. but after Obama and Hillary already in a scandal. the time might be right for a Cruz

Yeah the GOP has been trying to win the moderate vote for over a decade. We see how successful that has been.

I love it when people who hate the GOP tries to tell it how to win an election.

Cruz did not even acknowlege that there is a moderate vote

Even Cruz can crunch the numbers and see the 25% of Republicans who are true Conservatives. He knows that is not enough to get a nomination let alone win an election

But Cruz wants to control that 25%....that is where his power will be

So? He didnt acknowledge the moderates? I already said that chasing the moderates doesnt work.

Ted Cruz isn't willing to compromise his principles. I understand you lefties don't respect that.

Yeah the GOP has been trying to win the moderate vote for over a decade. We see how successful that has been.

Even Cruz can crunch the numbers and see the 25% of Republicans who are true Conservatives. He knows that is not enough to get a nomination let alone win an election

So? He didnt acknowledge the moderates? I already said that chasing the moderates doesnt work.

Ted Cruz isn't willing to compromise his principles. I understand you lefties don't respect that.

I respect that

I am just pointing out that his principles will not come close to winning the GOP nomination let alone the general election

That is why I am saying he has other motives for running that do not include winning

I'll ask you what none of you RWnuts have ever been able to answer. Which conservatives could have done better than McCain or Romney?

Not being a RWnut, I can't answer for them but I'll answer it like I always have but yet you still claim we don't.

When McCain was running against the rest of the GOP, there weren't any conservatives of Cruz's stature running. Herman Cain would have done better than Romney in 2012.

I respect that

I am just pointing out that his principles will not come close to winning the GOP nomination let alone the general election

That is why I am saying he has other motives for running that do not include winning

He doesn't, IF you frame the whole scenario according to YOUR rules. I have no doubt that he wants to be President.

I'll ask you what none of you RWnuts have ever been able to answer. Which conservatives could have done better than McCain or Romney?

Not being a RWnut, I can't answer for them but I'll answer it like I always have but yet you still claim we don't.

When McCain was running against the rest of the GOP, there weren't any conservatives of Cruz's stature running. Herman Cain would have done better than Romney in 2012.

I never understood the 'what the country wants is a 'real conservative' argument'. If a real conservative can't even convince a plurality of republicans to vote for him, why would that same candidate get MORE votes from moderates, independents and liberals who ware much less sympathetic and responsive to a conservative message?

Love how all the libs are suddenly Cruz experts and know what he"s thinking and his "real " reason for announcing......
Why this why that my god the smartest libs in the world are wasting themselves on a message board.

I never understood the 'what the country wants is a 'real conservative' argument'. If a real conservative can't even convince a plurality of republicans to vote for him, why would that same candidate get MORE votes from moderates, independents and liberals who ware much less sympathetic and responsive to a conservative message?

The(both the democrats and the GOP) crucified Herman Cain in the media. I never got a change to vote for him.

Nope. He's not. And he's demonstrating the folly of putting principles above consequences. No matter how badly things turn out as a consequence of his ideals, he won't compromise.

This is why you *don't* want an ideologue as president. As a leader MUST take consequence into account. And an ideologue never can.

I suspect John Kasich will do much better than Cruz for that exact reason.

Love how all the libs are suddenly Cruz experts and know what he"s thinking and his "real " reason for announcing......
Why this why that my god the smartest libs in the world are wasting themselves on a message board.

Laughing.....comments and opinions about the first candidate for president on a political message board?

Holy shit! That *is* unprecedented, isn't it.

Nope. He's not. And he's demonstrating the folly of putting principles above consequences. No matter how badly things turn out as a consequence of his ideals, he won't compromise.

This is why you *don't* want an ideologue as president. As a leader MUST take consequence into account. And an ideologue never can.

I suspect John Kasich will do much better than Cruz for that exact reason.

Yeah, I don't know if you are doing it on purpose or not but you are talking apples and oranges here. I'm saying he won't compromise his principles and the consequence might be that he doesn't get the nomination. You are talking about consequences of his actions after he gets to the oval office. None of the policies I've seen that he espouses is going to adversely affect this country.

Forum List

Back