Ted Cruz has no intentions of ever being President

Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room

OMG, this bothers an ... Obama ... supporter.

:lmao:

You know he's crazy because of course Obama is the smartest person in the room. OMG, the hypocrisy reeks. That's classic

The GOP has altered the primary rules so it will not be a whack a reactionary every week until the final. Bush will be the accepted candidate by the middle to the end of March.

The dems are cheering. But, with a nervous caveat of Reagan. But, Reagan ran to the middle, and he really didn't speak ill of other republicans, neither of which seem to be in Cruz's arsenal.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ruz-path-to-presidency.html?ref=politics&_r=0

I'm not sure the dems should be cheering though. I'd think Cruz will take votes from Walker, as well as Huck and the clown posse. If that happens, Jeb will benefit. Cruz's bet is that he can get into a "me or Jeb race."

The difference between Reagan and Cruz is that Reagan was likeable

Wow, Cruz doesn't appeal to left wingers who wouldn't vote for him anyway. Now that has to bother Cruz supporters a lot...

It's obvious Cruz scares the shit out of left loons, you all keep harping and harping and harping over him

Not really

This is a political message board and this is what we do. A month from now, the rest of the GOP candidates will be in the race and Cruz will be an afterthought

I think you've nailed Cruz exactly. He knows he can't win and is looking to increase his own power.

This general election will be a lot like the last one. The candidates will be one flash in the pan after another and their own records and words will scuttle each of them, one after another.
We've heard of the Republican Galahad riding in to save the day before. Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry have all been regarded as the 'front runner' only to be a footnote by the time the convention rolls around.

Cruz has what seems like several hundred 'debates' and stump speeches and Q & As to get through before it can be accurately determined if he holds enough sway to be the Conservative kingmaker.

Then, he can move back to Texas and star in his own reality TV show, like another would be king maker.

Guys like Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry came in thinking they had a shot. Cruz does not have a shot, that is why he came in first

Cruz will go to the debates not to win, but to nail down his conservative credentials. You can't buy publicity like that
Dragging a party to the extreme only serves the opposition party. Cruz should study the Ted Kennedy 1980 run and how Carter was hurt resulting in 8 years of Reagan.

It's obvious Cruz scares the shit out of left loons, you all keep harping and harping and harping over him

Not really

This is a political message board and this is what we do. A month from now, the rest of the GOP candidates will be in the race and Cruz will be an afterthought

I think you've nailed Cruz exactly. He knows he can't win and is looking to increase his own power.

This general election will be a lot like the last one. The candidates will be one flash in the pan after another and their own records and words will scuttle each of them, one after another.
We've heard of the Republican Galahad riding in to save the day before. Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry have all been regarded as the 'front runner' only to be a footnote by the time the convention rolls around.

Cruz has what seems like several hundred 'debates' and stump speeches and Q & As to get through before it can be accurately determined if he holds enough sway to be the Conservative kingmaker.

Then, he can move back to Texas and star in his own reality TV show, like another would be king maker.

Yes ... You're right.

We want to believe we choose the candidates and the winners but all of it is decided in back rooms and depends on the size of the checks being written.

Losing a presidential run doesn't hurt their future and in fact, seems to ensure their place at the grown up's table.

And heck, they'll always have a gig waiting for them at fox.

Even though its called "Liberty" university, the students were required to attend

First I was like

:wtf:

Then I read it again. And this time my reaction was

You just can't process the difference between government compellng it's citizens what to do and people making a free choice what college to attend and their school telling them what to do. Amazing but true

You know he's crazy because of course Obama is the smartest person in the room. OMG, the hypocrisy reeks. That's classic

I know right. two faced hypocrites is fitting. No wonder a regular citizen doesn't want to run for our government in this day and age. the ugly smears and stupidity that is brought down on them

Even though its called "Liberty" university, the students were required to attend

First I was like

You just can't process the difference between government compellng it's citizens what to do and people making a free choice what college to attend and their school telling them what to do. Amazing but true

and now all of a sudden that's a bad thing. How many frikken colleges and High schools has Obama forced himself on the students...good grief. they are insane with hate

First I was like

Like shutting down a fraternity because they sing racist songs?

Not really

Yes ... You're right.

We want to believe we choose the candidates and the winners but all of it is decided in back rooms and depends on the size of the checks being written.

Losing a presidential run doesn't hurt their future and in fact, seems to ensure their place at the grown up's table.

And heck, they'll always have a gig waiting for them at fox.

Liar, you don't believe that. So you are telling us that the system is rigged and controlled by money and you want ... more government ... more power for those politicians. If you believed that, you'd want less government, not more. You are LYING. Yet sadly you're right. If you only actually grasped that...

Not really

The last GOP primary was about "Anybody but Romney" with once challenger after the other popping up to be the next anti-Romney

I don't think there will be an "Anybody but Bush" in this election

Just saw where the shrub plans to "campaign" for Jeb.

In Dallas.

:happy-1:

First I was like

You make it sound like that contradicts me somehow. The school shut down the fraternity and the national fraternity yanked their charter. Bravo. No government action was required. That must really irk you

I know right. two faced hypocrites is fitting. No wonder a regular citizen doesn't want to run for our government in this day and age. the ugly smears and stupidity that is brought down on them
Here's where you should never live:

images

Ron Paul didn't run for President because he though he was going to win. He ran because he wanted to get out his message that the government is out of control.

Maybe Cruz is doing the same thing.

Of all the potential candidates he is the one with the best Conservative message and he is probably the smartest person running. It will be interesting to find out if he can effectively articulate the Conservative message. I hope so.

The dems are cheering. But, with a nervous caveat of Reagan. But, Reagan ran to the middle, and he really didn't speak ill of other republicans, neither of which seem to be in Cruz's arsenal.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ruz-path-to-presidency.html?ref=politics&_r=0

I'm not sure the dems should be cheering though. I'd think Cruz will take votes from Walker, as well as Huck and the clown posse. If that happens, Jeb will benefit. Cruz's bet is that he can get into a "me or Jeb race."

The difference between Reagan and Cruz is that Reagan was likeable

Wow, Cruz doesn't appeal to left wingers who wouldn't vote for him anyway. Now that has to bother Cruz supporters a lot...

Most Republicans hate Cruz

I think the OP has a point here.

Cruz is by most accounts quite intelligent. He must see the polls and the polls on the issues he runs. He should have no chance of winning.

Has he a chance of a VP slot? Probably not, Candidates run right in Primaries and need center on national elections. While Cruz could energise a base to would effectively alienate moderates more ala Palin.

So what he is doing is raising his profile, branding his message 'True Conservative'.

There is enough useful idiots around to follow him.

I doubt if Cruz is even positioning himself to be VP. Candidates like Rubio and Jindall seem to be best suited

A VP must be willing to put his ego aside and take one for the team. Something Cruz is ill suited for
Jindal and Vitter are swapping jobs.

No ghoul will ever be VP.
Tell that to the 9 in our history who ended up becoming president. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

First I was like

You make it sound like that contradicts me somehow. The school shut down the fraternity and the national fraternity yanked their charter. Bravo. No government action was required. That must really irk you
Other Conservatives are claiming the OU actions are a violation of free speech rights.

The GOP has altered the primary rules so it will not be a whack a reactionary every week until the final. Bush will be the accepted candidate by the middle to the end of March.
And I think Jeb will take Hillary. He takes Fla out of play, for sure. Hillary needs a clown opponent to win, assuming she's even the nominee, which I still think will be the case. The only path I see to end citizens united is if Cruz burns down the house behind him, and leaves Jeb with the ruins.

Forum List

Back