Ted Cruz has no intentions of ever being President

care to put some money on that?

I went through this in 2012 where all conservative posters welched on their election bets
Fool me once....

in other words you are afraid to bet, got it.

In other words. I have seen how conservatives on this board honor their bets

Fool me once

make it easy on yourself, $500 that Jeb is not the GOP nominee. Send me your $500 and I will send you back $1000 if you win-------------deal?

rightwing sends YOU $500?

Sounds a lot like 'heads I win, tails you lose'.

I actually got a liberal on another forum to do that. :beer:. the idiot sent me $5 to hold for a bet----that he lost.

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

That is where Cruz's power will be

I'm interested in seeing how Walker's poll numbers go, esp now with the campaign contributions flap.

this board has taken over by the left wing loony toons

How many frikken threads can they post on Cruz in one day for crying out loud. they did this same thing when Palin was running and they'll do this same with the next Republican who announces they are running for President

It's like being in romper room

time to go somewhere where sanity resides

so fucking :lame2:

Yeah the Cruz threads are getting really redundant but that's what left loons do best

yep, they get their daily posting instructions and they all follow like the mindless sheep that they are. Just like every one of them posted a clown face avatar on the same day------what a bunch of idiots

It's obvious Cruz scares the shit out of left loons, you all keep harping and harping and harping over him

Not really

This is a political message board and this is what we do. A month from now, the rest of the GOP candidates will be in the race and Cruz will be an afterthought

I think you've nailed Cruz exactly. He knows he can't win and is looking to increase his own power.

This general election will be a lot like the last one. The candidates will be one flash in the pan after another and their own records and words will scuttle each of them, one after another.
We've heard of the Republican Galahad riding in to save the day before. Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry have all been regarded as the 'front runner' only to be a footnote by the time the convention rolls around.

Cruz has what seems like several hundred 'debates' and stump speeches and Q & As to get through before it can be accurately determined if he holds enough sway to be the Conservative kingmaker.

Then, he can move back to Texas and star in his own reality TV show, like another would be king maker.

Guys like Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry came in thinking they had a shot. Cruz does not have a shot, that is why he came in first

Cruz will go to the debates not to win, but to nail down his conservative credentials. You can't buy publicity like that

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

No one named 'Ted' has ever been the smartest person in the room. Googling 'famous scientists Ted' no results. :)

Only scientist can be smart?

It's obvious Cruz scares the shit out of left loons, you all keep harping and harping and harping over him

Not really

This is a political message board and this is what we do. A month from now, the rest of the GOP candidates will be in the race and Cruz will be an afterthought

I think you've nailed Cruz exactly. He knows he can't win and is looking to increase his own power.

This general election will be a lot like the last one. The candidates will be one flash in the pan after another and their own records and words will scuttle each of them, one after another.

The last GOP primary was about "Anybody but Romney" with once challenger after the other popping up to be the next anti-Romney

I don't think there will be an "Anybody but Bush" in this election

There may very well be an "anybody but hillary" campaign within the dems. They are scared shitless about having to support her.

How many frikken threads can they post on Cruz in one day for crying out loud. they did this same thing when Palin was running and they'll do this same with the next Republican who announces they are running for President

Yeah the Cruz threads are getting really redundant but that's what left loons do best

yep, they get their daily posting instructions and they all follow like the mindless sheep that they are. Just like every one of them posted a clown face avatar on the same day------what a bunch of idiots

I've got nearly every clown avatar on ignore, all you do is leave one and you get what all of them comment, mindless droning on and on and on

Not really

We've heard of the Republican Galahad riding in to save the day before. Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry have all been regarded as the 'front runner' only to be a footnote by the time the convention rolls around.

Cruz has what seems like several hundred 'debates' and stump speeches and Q & As to get through before it can be accurately determined if he holds enough sway to be the Conservative kingmaker.

Then, he can move back to Texas and star in his own reality TV show, like another would be king maker.

Guys like Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Rick Perry came in thinking they had a shot. Cruz does not have a shot, that is why he came in first

Cruz will go to the debates not to win, but to nail down his conservative credentials. You can't buy publicity like that

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Not really

Cruz really scares you libs doesn't he? If he is so stupid and incompetent and has no chance, why so many threads about him today?

Not really

Cruz really scares you libs doesn't he? If he is so stupid and incompetent and has no chance, why so many threads about him today?
Cruz 'scares' no Liberal. We do not tremble in fear of any ideologue, and we do not traffic in fear as Conservatives do.

Why so many Cruz threads? He's the first to announce a candidacy. He is also the avante garde of the modern Conservative movement. The Conservatives. They're a movement. And we all need one, every day.

I've got nearly every clown avatar on ignore, all you do is leave one and you get what all of them comment, mindless droning on and on and on

I think I almost have all them ignore. unfortunately you can still see their stupid titles . I can't count how many Cruz threads has been posted in the couple days he announced he was running. they did this same thing to Palin. they are so out of new ideas to run they just resort to the same ugly stuff as their party does. as Obama did. SMEARS, DIRT AND PLAIN OLD GARBAGE. like how Republicans treat the constitution like their bible or something...

So, what is Cruz doing?

I tend to agree, but I wouldn't say he thinks he has no chance. He probably thinks he has an outside chance. I think he's a smart guy, so he can either be President or a more intelligent Sarah Palin the base can rally around, giving him influence in the party.

So, what is Cruz doing?

No one named 'Ted' has ever been the smartest person in the room. Googling 'famous scientists Ted' no results. :)

Only scientist can be smart?

and that's coming from the same people who claimed Obama was the most brilliant man to walk the earth. this is what we are up against. just dumb

Not really

Cruz 'scares' no Liberal. We do not tremble in fear of any ideologue, and we do not traffic in fear as Conservatives do.

Why so many Cruz threads? He's the first to announce a candidacy. He is also the avante garde of the modern Conservative movement. The Conservatives. They're a movement. And we all need one, every day.

Liberals aren't scared of him because they think he has no chance, and they're probably correct.

However, if liberals thought Cruz really could become the President, he'd scare liberals mightily.

Not really

Actually, no he doesn't

He scares Republicans hoping to win a general election in Nov 16. He will force statements and concessions from the eventual GOP nominee that Democrats will exploit

The dems are cheering. But, with a nervous caveat of Reagan. But, Reagan ran to the middle, and he really didn't speak ill of other republicans, neither of which seem to be in Cruz's arsenal.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ruz-path-to-presidency.html?ref=politics&_r=0

I'm not sure the dems should be cheering though. I'd think Cruz will take votes from Walker, as well as Huck and the clown posse. If that happens, Jeb will benefit. Cruz's bet is that he can get into a "me or Jeb race."

So, what is Cruz doing?

I tend to agree, but I wouldn't say he thinks he has no chance. He probably thinks he has an outside chance. I think he's a smart guy, so he can either be President or a more intelligent Sarah Palin the base can rally around, giving him influence in the party.

I like your post except the snark about Governor Palin. but still a good post

I think I almost have all them ignore. unfortunately you can still see their stupid titles . I can't count how many Cruz threads has been posted in the couple days he announced he was running. they did this same thing to Palin. they are so out of new ideas to run they just resort to the same ugly stuff as their party does. as Obama did. SMEARS, DIRT AND PLAIN OLD GARBAGE. like how Republicans treat the constitution like their bible or something...

Want to compare to the number of Hillary threads generated from the right?

The dems are cheering. But, with a nervous caveat of Reagan. But, Reagan ran to the middle, and he really didn't speak ill of other republicans, neither of which seem to be in Cruz's arsenal.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ruz-path-to-presidency.html?ref=politics&_r=0

I'm not sure the dems should be cheering though. I'd think Cruz will take votes from Walker, as well as Huck and the clown posse. If that happens, Jeb will benefit. Cruz's bet is that he can get into a "me or Jeb race."

The difference between Reagan and Cruz is that Reagan was likeable

Forum List

Back