Ted Cruz secures vote on Russian pipeline sanctions in deal with Schumer as Cruz agrees to lift his holds on 32 nominees

The 1906 Hague conventions, now known as the Geneva conventions, made it a war crime to do any economic sanctions on civilian commerce.
The original goal was to prevent starvation siege of walled cities.
But the principle is universal and still applies.
Hindering civilian commerce is and always has been illegal.
The fact we starved out the Germans and the Japanese, does not make it any more legal.
It is still a war crime and immoral.
I could search the Geneva conventions again and find the quotes, but I should not have to.
It should be obvious that blocking civilian commerce always inherently has to be a war crime.
Well, I don't see how you can have a siege if you CAN'T starve them out! It is a normal part of war.

Though I THINK the only walled city vulnerable to siege left is Gaza. And nobody much cares about them anymore.

And the Russians are the good guys in that heat up.
The Ukraine has been stealing oil and gas for decades.
Well, I think you'll see Russia organizing Ukraine a little differently soon.

I don't think Ukraine has many friends here what with all the dirty Biden bribing.

Well -------- not exactly Iraqi oil if you are speaking of the first Iraqi war --- Kuwaiti oil.

I'm okay with that; oil is one of the good reasons to go to war, IMO.

As for what's illegal!! Who cares? Nobody at all. All that matters is whether there is likely to be blowback (poison gas or biowarfare, notably, and until recently, atom bombs. I think we're getting over worrying about fallout, though.). There can't be blowback with economic sanctions, directly, since we have economic power but Russia has none.

I am wondering how Germany will feel about getting its heating oil cut off --- I haven't been following all this closely. I assume there will be invasion of Ukraine, or at least part of it.

The oil and gas business hates a war zone.. Supply dries up and prices go thru the roof.

The 1906 Hague conventions, now known as the Geneva conventions, made it a war crime to do any economic sanctions on civilian commerce.
The original goal was to prevent starvation siege of walled cities.
But the principle is universal and still applies.
Hindering civilian commerce is and always has been illegal.
The fact we starved out the Germans and the Japanese, does not make it any more legal.
It is still a war crime and immoral.
I could search the Geneva conventions again and find the quotes, but I should not have to.
It should be obvious that blocking civilian commerce always inherently has to be a war crime.

Still looking for your proof? LOL!

We are to sanction two countries for willingly work together? If a country did that to us it would be seen as a call for war. Russian and Germany working together is none of our business.
it undermines NATO…it is our business

from Russia…they can get it some place else.

Cruz is trying to force them to pay twice as much for US ntural gas .. and they would have to invest billions in infrastructure to recieve and store the gas..

You can't force the Europeans to buy elsewhere and spend more money. Are you stupid?

Cruz is trying to force them to pay twice as much for US ntural gas .. and they would have to invest billions in infrastructure to recieve and store the gas..

You can't force the Europeans to buy elsewhere and spend more money. Are you stupid?
They are paying more. Politicians interfere with lower prices all to often. Like we see here now. Biden has been lying since his installation by the world rulers. You listened to his promises before the election and his views over the years in which they change over and over again. The Western World with the U.S. must be taken down for Global Government. And it will be. There are small pockets of people who do not bend over as much as others. Only the adherents of the 2nd Amendment in the United States keeps us from going totally totalitarian. Most nations in Western Europe...gone...Canada.. gone...New Zealand...gone.. Australia...gone...

they can buy it from anyone else…

germany is undermining NATO, and closing in with Putin while Putin is threatening to continue his invasion of eastern europe. It would be a much different thing if Putin wasn’t doing that at the same time

just stop with your putin defense already…geez typical xiden cultist…parroting putin talking points…

they can buy it from anyone else…

germany is undermining NATO, and closing in with Putin while Putin is threatening to continue his invasion of eastern europe. It would be a much different thing if Putin wasn’t doing that at the same time

just stop with your putin defense already…geez typical xiden cultist…parroting putin talking points…

They can buy from anyone else????? Are you nuts? This is not for Putin. Its for our Allies.....

For years we heard Russia Russia Russia........And now they let a pipeline go through as they act tough on Russia while they kill the Keystone pipeline here on day 1 of Brandon's watch.

Globalist Hypoctites.

Now to the pipeline there. Europe is dependent on that gas and have been dependent on the gas since before WWII. At any given time they can just STOP BUYING THE OIL via a boycott if they want to Sanction it.

This is about our gas and oil sold to Europe ended.

Figures are shown at the more granular six-digit Harmonized Tariff System code level, for more precise product identification.

1. Crude petroleum oils: US$43.5 billion (15.6% of total Texan exports)
  2. Miscellaneous petroleum oils: $18.3 billion (6.6%)
  3. Light petroleum oils: $17 billion (6.1%)
  4. Integrated circuits (processors/controllers): $10.5 billion (3.8%)
  5. Liquified propane: $9.4 billion (3.4%)
  6. Aircraft including engines, parts: $6.1 billion (2.2%)
  7. Computer parts and accessories: $5.9 billion (2.1%)
  8. Machinery for making semi-conductors: $4.6 billion (1.7%)
  9. Natural gas (liquid): $4.3 billion (1.5%)
  10. Natural gas (gaseous state): $3.9 billion (1.4%)
The top 10 exports from Texas accounted for 44.4% of the overall value of the state’s global shipments.

Liquid natural gas represents the fastest grower among the top 10 Texan export categories, up by 150.5% from 2019 to 2020. In second place for improving export sales was machinery for making semi-conductors which rose 20.6%. Third-fastest was a 15.9% gain for process and controllers of integrated circuits exported from Texas, well ahead of the 10% improvement in international sales for natural gas in its gaseous state.

They are paying more. Politicians interfere with lower prices all to often. Like we see here now. Biden has been lying since his installation by the world rulers. You listened to his promises before the election and his views over the years in which they change over and over again.

The Western World with the U.S. must be taken down for Global Government. And it will be. There are small pockets of people who do not bend over as much as others. Only the adherents of the 2nd Amendment in the United States keeps us from going totally totalitarian. Most nations in Western Europe...gone...Canada.. gone...New Zealand...gone.. Australia...gone...

LOL.. are you crazy? There is no global government. Do you want to control Canada, New Zealand, Europe and Australia?

If so, the US is the threat. The US is trying to impose one world government.

While it's an RT pravda site. The issue is clear. It's about who sells the gas to Europe. Cruz is trying to improve Texas economy with LNG sales while stopping the competition ......aka Russia.

Once that pipeline is complete then we will lose sales there. But it is 95% complete and Europe wants the cheap gas......................

Catch 22 anyway you call it.

For years we heard Russia Russia Russia........And now they let a pipeline go through as they act tough on Russia while they kill the Keystone pipeline here on day 1 of Brandon's watch.

Globalist Hypoctites.

Now to the pipeline there. Europe is dependent on that gas and have been dependent on the gas since before WWII. At any given time they can just STOP BUYING THE OIL via a boycott if they want to Sanction it.

This is about our gas and oil sold to Europe ended.

Figures are shown at the more granular six-digit Harmonized Tariff System code level, for more precise product identification.

1. Crude petroleum oils: US$43.5 billion (15.6% of total Texan exports)
  2. Miscellaneous petroleum oils: $18.3 billion (6.6%)
  3. Light petroleum oils: $17 billion (6.1%)
  4. Integrated circuits (processors/controllers): $10.5 billion (3.8%)
  5. Liquified propane: $9.4 billion (3.4%)
  6. Aircraft including engines, parts: $6.1 billion (2.2%)
  7. Computer parts and accessories: $5.9 billion (2.1%)
  8. Machinery for making semi-conductors: $4.6 billion (1.7%)
  9. Natural gas (liquid): $4.3 billion (1.5%)
  10. Natural gas (gaseous state): $3.9 billion (1.4%)
The top 10 exports from Texas accounted for 44.4% of the overall value of the state’s global shipments.

Liquid natural gas represents the fastest grower among the top 10 Texan export categories, up by 150.5% from 2019 to 2020. In second place for improving export sales was machinery for making semi-conductors which rose 20.6%. Third-fastest was a 15.9% gain for process and controllers of integrated circuits exported from Texas, well ahead of the 10% improvement in international sales for natural gas in its gaseous state.

LOLOL.. Europe has always bought oil and gas from Brent and OPEC.. Its cheaper than the US .. My God, the Marshall Plan was driven by cheap oil from the ME.

Keystone XL is an export pipeline that cost the US taxpayer.. Its a tax dodge at your expense.

Are you really so ignorant or are you just playing political games?

LOL.. are you crazy? There is no global government. Do you want to control Canada, New Zealand, Europe and Australia?

If so, the US is the threat. The US is trying to impose one world government.
We are so much of a threat that we held the line since WWII against the Soviets. Until Reagan and the collapse of the USSR. Our forces now are there as a deterrent to Putin. As Europe has not had to pay for it's own defense for a very long time.

Putin is threatening a return to taking back territory that was lost and again.......They don't because U.S. forces are still there in Europe. Trump was right to tell NATO to HONOR it's word and pay a fair share for it's own defense. And now they do deals with Putin for cheap gas from RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

While it's an RT pravda site. The issue is clear. It's about who sells the gas to Europe. Cruz is trying to improve Texas economy with LNG sales while stopping the competition ......aka Russia.

Once that pipeline is complete then we will lose sales there. But it is 95% complete and Europe wants the cheap gas......................

Catch 22 anyway you call it.

US natural gas costs twice as much and the Europeans would have to invest billions in infrastructure to recieve and store US gas. Its a non starter. Look at a damned map.

Forum List

Back