Ted Cruz wants to increase H-1B visas from 65,000 to 325,000 annually

H1-B program in its current format is an insult to highly trained American that discriminate against. It is the business owners that create these shortages. Who should be blame for the abuses behind close door. Supported by republicans.
Imagine if Rabii is a business owner. He will disregard applicants walking in his door then create his own shortages start bring h1 people.
Yes, business owners created this shortage by demanding highly skilled employees and paying them appropriately. Damn them. If we shut down all those high tech businesses then there would be no shortage. Rather a glut of high tech people on the market. Democrat nirvana.

What shortage? There is no shortage. Charwin95 is saying the so-called "shortage" is phone, and he's right.
Obviously thre is a shortage. The cost to hire a foreign worker is considerably higher, given the paperwork etc to get that person here.

Horseshit. Once the paperwork is done, the H1-B visa holder is a prisoner of his employer.

Ease off the hyperbole, you hysterical little girl.

That isn't hyperbole, numskull. All you open borders traitors seem to be able to do is make personal attacks.

Is our standard of living worse today than 20 years ago? When was the last time you saw a $500 VCR player for sale at the electronics store?

I'm making about the same as I was 15 years ago, and the price of everything has gone up.

Your failing, loser.

It's spelled "you're," not "your," moron.

Grammar_Natzee_revised_by_doommech33_7836.jpg

The idiot was wrong anyway. He fails at everything.

Based on the context, "you're" is the correct spelling, or do you also need a lesson in grammar?

...H1b visas are for illiterate Mexican peasants? Wow, who knew?
Don't look now, but the conversation had taken a turn towards overall immigration issues, not just the H1B visas mentioned in the OP.

And, within the narrow domain of H1B visas...

Why should we import tech-folk when we should be growing our own right here, from amongst our own, to reduce unemployment?
We should be doing lots of things. But the fact is we do not have enough high tech workers to fill those jobs, so we import them. If we dont issue H1b visas the companies will hire those people anyway and station them in Canada, Ireland, or on a ship in the ocean. There is no issue of American jobs, except that if companies cannot get the skills they need they cannot grow and create other jobs.
That's pure bullshit Rabii. I myself can create shortage or justifications that I needed H1 people but I don't.
You can create shortages of workers? Wow, I had no idea.
Oh Rabii you totally do not have a clue. What I mean is of the 147 opening I have this year I can easily say I cannot find qualified people as justification. Then I start hiring H1. I will talk slowly.... do you understand?

Obviously thre is a shortage. The cost to hire a foreign worker is considerably higher, given the paperwork etc to get that person here.
ROFL... yeah replacing an American that makes 35bucks an hour with an Indian that makes 7.50 an hour is so expensive.
How many Indian tech workers are going to come here to make 7.50 an hour?
Millions have already done so.
Bullshit. Post proof or shut thefuck up.
Proof was already posted.
Your surrender here is noted.

Is our standard of living worse today than 20 years ago? When was the last time you saw a $500 VCR player for sale at the electronics store?

I'm making about the same as I was 15 years ago, and the price of everything has gone up. That's entirely because I have to compete with H1-B visa holders who are willing to work for 1/3 of what I make.

The government will increase the number of H1-Bs over my dead body.
H1-B program in its current format is an insult to highly trained American that discriminate against. It is the business owners that create these shortages. Who should be blame for the abuses behind close door. Supported by republicans.
Imagine if Rabii is a business owner. He will disregard applicants walking in his door then create his own shortages start bring h1 people.
You have to forgive Rabbi because a government employee who has no understanding of how the real world works. He has never met anyone on an H1-B because his job requires no marketable skills.
I've never been a government employee. And I still think it's hysterical you think you know everything about the topic because you sit in an office next to someone holding one.
Toro, who actually came here on an H1b visa, has already laaid out the issues. And he has much more credibility than you.
All Toro was telling us is that he landed a good job via H1. His knowledge and experience about H1 is as good as sitting in his cubicle. He doesn't know about the whole building. Meaning the decision of hiring an employee behind close doors or where it should come from, Toro doesn't know that. All he knew is he got hired blah blah blah.
However Toro proved here that H1 visa will stay and settled here permanently. Same as with H2 people. I mentioned this couple of times on this site but I have no link to provide.
As I mentioned on this thread I hired 80 employees 2014 and 147 this year about 80% are high paying rest around 40k. Of the 227 added employees 165 are engineers, 2 IT, rest are mixed such as microbiologist, med techs etc.. We did NOT have a problem finding qualified applicants from all over the country as far as Boston, Miami or Seattle. We received hundreds and hundreds of of resumes. Of the 2 IT opening we selected at least 70 resumes that are worth looking at but we did not count how many total we received. At least 40% of the 70 applicants couldn't find a job for a year to 18 months. Engineering applicants is in worst situations......Aside hearing from your GOP clowns...Tell me again WHY we need more H1 people? Do you have real experience or knowledge in this market? Do you discuss this with other business owners? Which I can tell you NOTHING.
If you had vast pools of qualified people unemployed companies wouldn't hire people from overseas, which is expensive.
Again, generalizing from your own limited experience is not argument.

...H1b visas are for illiterate Mexican peasants? Wow, who knew?
Don't look now, but the conversation had taken a turn towards overall immigration issues, not just the H1B visas mentioned in the OP.

And, within the narrow domain of H1B visas...

Why should we import tech-folk when we should be growing our own right here, from amongst our own, to reduce unemployment?
We should be doing lots of things. But the fact is we do not have enough high tech workers to fill those jobs, so we import them. If we dont issue H1b visas the companies will hire those people anyway and station them in Canada, Ireland, or on a ship in the ocean. There is no issue of American jobs, except that if companies cannot get the skills they need they cannot grow and create other jobs.
That's pure bullshit Rabii. I myself can create shortage or justifications that I needed H1 people but I don't.
You can create shortages of workers? Wow, I had no idea.
Oh Rabii you totally do not have a clue. What I mean is of the 147 opening I have this year I can easily say I cannot find qualified people as justification. Then I start hiring H1. I will talk slowly.... do you understand?
So why dont you do that? If you can save a ton of money by hiring people from foreign countries you would be derelict in your fiduciary duty not to.
Are you admitting to being stupid?

I'm making about the same as I was 15 years ago, and the price of everything has gone up.

Your failing, loser.

Based on the context, "you're" is the correct spelling, or do you also need a lesson in grammar?
No, actually he's right.

No, actually he's right.

No, actually he's wrong.
No, he's not. "Failing" here was a noun, not a verbal form.

No, actually he's right.

No, actually he's wrong.
No, he's not. "Failing" here was a noun, not a verbal form.

Yeah, that's Unkotare's fallback position after he got caught posting something stupid.

I'm making about the same as I was 15 years ago, and the price of everything has gone up. That's entirely because I have to compete with H1-B visa holders who are willing to work for 1/3 of what I make.

The government will increase the number of H1-Bs over my dead body.
Yes, business owners created this shortage by demanding highly skilled employees and paying them appropriately. Damn them. If we shut down all those high tech businesses then there would be no shortage. Rather a glut of high tech people on the market. Democrat nirvana.

What shortage? There is no shortage. Charwin95 is saying the so-called "shortage" is phone, and he's right.

Lol, that is BS. The H1-B is still cheaper than the American born contractor and that is why these traitors hire them..

I want to focus on this graph because it is just symbolic of the stupidity that passes for wit on this board.
The label indicates NAFTA brought job losses. I suppose the proof is the growing deficit between imports and exports.
Notice that the line labeled "exports" has increased, just not as fast as imports. So if "exports" have increased, how has that cost Americans jobs? We are exporting more under NAFTA than we did before! There should be more jobs in exporting companies than previously.
The Role of Maquiladoras in Mexico s Export Boom -- Gordon H. Hanson - Research Seminars Migration Dialogue

Executive Summary

Over the last two decades, Mexico has dramatically opened its economy to foreign trade and investment. The country has converted itself from an inward-oriented economy to one in which export production is the main source of economic growth. In 2000, the share of international trade in Mexico¡¯s GDP was 32%, up from 11% in 1980. The most dynamic exporters in Mexico are in-bond assembly plants, known as maquiladoras. These plants import parts and components from abroad, assemble the inputs into final goods, and then export their output. They are most active in the electronics, auto parts, and apparel industries. Maquiladoras main point of contact with the Mexican economy is through hiring labor. They purchase few inputs in Mexico and sell virtually none of their output domestically. The United States is the primary source for their inputs and the primary destination market for their sales. While all maquiladoras contract with foreign firms to obtain inputs and distribute outputs, not all are subsidiaries of multinational enterprises. Many are Mexican-owned facilities that deal with multinationals through arms-length transactions.

Between 1990 and 2002, real value added by the maquiladora industry grew at an astounding annual average rate of 10%. To put this growth in perceptive, over the same period real GDP in Mexico expanded by an annual average rate of only 3%. Since 1984, employment in maquiladoras has risen from 180,000 workers to 1.1 million workers, or to over one-quarter of Mexico¡¯s total manufacturing labor force. By 2000, the maquila sector generated 48% of Mexico¡¯s exports and 35% of the country¡¯s imports. These plants remain concentrated in Mexican states along the Mexico-U.S. border, which in 2002 accounted for over 80% of total maquiladora employment.

Ever heard of MADE IN THE U.S.A. and ASSEMBLED IN MEXICO................

Because that is the bulk of exports to Mexico now to assembly plants utilizing cheap labor.

They're not forcing anyone to do anything. People can quit, right?
You made the statement that we don't have enough qualified workers here............No you ignore it when they lay off domestic workers to hire H!B workers......................who historically work for less even after paying 10k per to get them here.........................

Your post pretty much here is a JOKE................Yeah they could quit early, before getting laid off and lose a few checks going to the unemployment line.................But it's not the point.............If they have to train the H1B immigrants..........then it blows your BS statements to hell.

Your failing, loser.

YOU are certainly not qualified to teach one, seeing as you don't know the difference between a gerund and the present progressive, moron.

I want to focus on this graph because it is just symbolic of the stupidity that passes for wit on this board.
The label indicates NAFTA brought job losses. I suppose the proof is the growing deficit between imports and exports.
Notice that the line labeled "exports" has increased, just not as fast as imports. So if "exports" have increased, how has that cost Americans jobs? We are exporting more under NAFTA than we did before! There should be more jobs in exporting companies than previously.
The Role of Maquiladoras in Mexico s Export Boom -- Gordon H. Hanson - Research Seminars Migration Dialogue

Executive Summary

Over the last two decades, Mexico has dramatically opened its economy to foreign trade and investment. The country has converted itself from an inward-oriented economy to one in which export production is the main source of economic growth. In 2000, the share of international trade in Mexico¡¯s GDP was 32%, up from 11% in 1980. The most dynamic exporters in Mexico are in-bond assembly plants, known as maquiladoras. These plants import parts and components from abroad, assemble the inputs into final goods, and then export their output. They are most active in the electronics, auto parts, and apparel industries. Maquiladoras main point of contact with the Mexican economy is through hiring labor. They purchase few inputs in Mexico and sell virtually none of their output domestically. The United States is the primary source for their inputs and the primary destination market for their sales. While all maquiladoras contract with foreign firms to obtain inputs and distribute outputs, not all are subsidiaries of multinational enterprises. Many are Mexican-owned facilities that deal with multinationals through arms-length transactions.

Between 1990 and 2002, real value added by the maquiladora industry grew at an astounding annual average rate of 10%. To put this growth in perceptive, over the same period real GDP in Mexico expanded by an annual average rate of only 3%. Since 1984, employment in maquiladoras has risen from 180,000 workers to 1.1 million workers, or to over one-quarter of Mexico¡¯s total manufacturing labor force. By 2000, the maquila sector generated 48% of Mexico¡¯s exports and 35% of the country¡¯s imports. These plants remain concentrated in Mexican states along the Mexico-U.S. border, which in 2002 accounted for over 80% of total maquiladora employment.

Ever heard of MADE IN THE U.S.A. and ASSEMBLED IN MEXICO................

Because that is the bulk of exports to Mexico now to assembly plants utilizing cheap labor.
That is the saddest post I've seen. You take one factoid and then assume it explains the entire phenomenon. Like the US hasnt sold a single item to the Mexican market.

They're not forcing anyone to do anything. People can quit, right?
You made the statement that we don't have enough qualified workers here............No you ignore it when they lay off domestic workers to hire H!B workers......................who historically work for less even after paying 10k per to get them here.........................

Your post pretty much here is a JOKE................Yeah they could quit early, before getting laid off and lose a few checks going to the unemployment line.................But it's not the point.............If they have to train the H1B immigrants..........then it blows your BS statements to hell.
People dont lay off domestic workers to hire foreign workers. You lose.

Horseshit. Once the paperwork is done, the H1-B visa holder is a prisoner of his employer.

Ease off the hyperbole, you hysterical little girl.

That isn't hyperbole, numskull. All you open borders traitors seem to be able to do is make personal attacks.
You called me an unAmerican traitor and terrorist. Go fuck yourself.

ROFL... yeah replacing an American that makes 35bucks an hour with an Indian that makes 7.50 an hour is so expensive.
How many Indian tech workers are going to come here to make 7.50 an hour?
Millions have already done so.
Bullshit. Post proof or shut thefuck up.
Proof was already posted.
Your surrender here is noted.
moron

Forum List

Back