Ted Nugent Brags About Killing Hundreds Of Pigs From A Helicopter

And of course picking the machine gun bullets out like watermelon seeds.

Have you ever butchered an animal brought down by a bullet?

I'm assuming not. It ain't no big deal and I doubt if any one of those hogs would have more than a few slugs in them.

He's shooting a running pig from a moving helicopter not lining them up against a wall.

Again I ask Who is being obtuse here?

When feral hogs reach a certain size they are not that good for eating, unless you enjoy eating really tough meat.

Low and slow smoke at 200 degrees for 12 or 14 hours will make anything fall apart tender

Pigs are not native to Texas and are a huge problem. They are an introduced species that are dangerous, have completely changed the landscape of the countryside, and challenge the indigenous species of animals and plants that do grow there.

"Wild hogs are among the most destructive invasive species in the United States today. Two million to six million of the animals are wreaking havoc in at least 39 states and four Canadian provinces; half are in Texas, where they do some $400 million in damages annually. They tear up recreational areas, occasionally even terrorizing tourists in state and national parks, and squeeze out other wildlife.
Texas allows hunters to kill wild hogs year-round without limits or capture them alive to take to slaughterhouses to be processed and sold to restaurants as exotic meat. Thousands more are shot from helicopters. The goal is not eradication, which few believe possible, but control."

A Plague of Pigs in Texas | Science & Nature | Smithsonian Magazine

Pigs are not native to Texas and are a huge problem. They are an introduced species that are dangerous, have completely changed the landscape of the countryside, and challenge the indigenous species of animals and plants that do grow there.

"Wild hogs are among the most destructive invasive species in the United States today. Two million to six million of the animals are wreaking havoc in at least 39 states and four Canadian provinces; half are in Texas, where they do some $400 million in damages annually. They tear up recreational areas, occasionally even terrorizing tourists in state and national parks, and squeeze out other wildlife.
Texas allows hunters to kill wild hogs year-round without limits or capture them alive to take to slaughterhouses to be processed and sold to restaurants as exotic meat. Thousands more are shot from helicopters. The goal is not eradication, which few believe possible, but control."

What part of this they don't know. I'm a hog dog breeder. We do bay ups. We do this for a reason.

We have hog dogs to take out the wild hogs.

Are we running around in circles here?

What part of this they don't know. I'm a hog dog breeder. We do bay ups. We do this for a reason.

Omg, is there anything you're not involved in? Now she's a hog breeder.

I'm assuming not. It ain't no big deal and I doubt if any one of those hogs would have more than a few slugs in them.

He's shooting a running pig from a moving helicopter not lining them up against a wall.

When feral hogs reach a certain size they are not that good for eating, unless you enjoy eating really tough meat.

Low and slow smoke at 200 degrees for 12 or 14 hours will make anything fall apart tender

You can damn near make anything tender on a pit. But the big hogs dont taste near as good as the smaller ones.
If I was going to keep one i'd always try and keep it under a hundred lbs.
The worst part is rolling em around in the fire to remove all the parasites and hair.
After doing this a few times I said to hell with it and buy em at the butcher.

I knew you were honest and true from the get go.
I knew you understood the beasties.

Some day my friend....wel"l get this figured out.

They're very upset I'm leaving. I work harder than you will ever know.

...at posting on the internet.

So what were you doing all day, slug? Retired? Working and posting too? Taking time away from the kids?

I suppose it's not surprising you got it right with that many guesses.
Just finished backwashing the pool filter and hanging out in this kick ass Texas weather drinking a cold brewski and contemplating what to do for the rest of the week.
Yeah........ I'm retired.

Omg, is there anything you're not involved in? Now she's a hog breeder.

Read it again.

You can damn near make anything tender on a pit. But the big hogs dont taste near as good as the smaller ones.
The worst part is rolling em around in the fire to remove all the parasites and hair.

Lol..that's really gross....yuck yuck yuck.

But if people are willing to kill them, that's a good thing. They're awful vermin.

Lol..that's really gross....yuck yuck yuck.

But if people are willing to kill them, that's a good thing. They're awful vermin.

You most definitely dont want to be down wind during the process.

I don't like pigs much on a good day. Not a fan.

Though I do love pork....so long as someone else deals with the pig.

We should have a program that requires our young men to learn marksmanship/survivorship in the south and other areas where the pigs are a problem, lol...

We even have them in central oregon.....You can shoot them any time...but you can't specifically HUNT them. You have to be looking for something else. But if you see one, you can kill it.

Not a 250 pound feral boar hog. It's loaded with so much gristle you can't even grind it up.

Not a 250 pound feral boar hog. It's loaded with so much gristle you can't even grind it up.

There has to be something edible on it and besides I don't think Nugent is going to be eating any of the pigs he shoots.

Forum List

Back