Ten myth busting facts about welfare

it is truly amazing how the Left remains blissfully ignorant of what their OWN TALKING POINTS say about their OTHER talking points.
in this case this left-wing idiot at least bothers to provide facts on TANF assistence. What they never seem to realize is what the actual facts say about many of the talking points the Left likes to use.
For instance the fact mentioned that states can determne the level of benefits. Southern states, the ones the Left loves to say are gettng all this welfare money, have much lower levels of benefits than Blue states.

and if it is true it's so hard to get welfare as the OP clearly implies when he says you can make next to nothing and still not be "poor" or at the Poverty Level according to the government, then what does it say that welfare and food stamps DID reach record levels under Obama, and that in obama's SEVENTH YEAR there are still about 44 MILLION ON FOOD STAMPS, and that is about 13 MILLION MORE than there were under Bush??????
I believe the Right is all talk and no action since it may require morals.

Why not lower our tax burden by merely and faithfully executing our own laws regarding the concept of employment at will, and unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines on that same at-will basis.

Unemployment compensation for Individuals is much less complicated and provides that market based metric in our political-economy, and is much less intervention than simply mandating the private sector pay a socialized, minimum wage.

ou start off your post with a non-sequitur, an ad hominem attack you cant back up with evidence.

you should be taken seriously why again?
too much hard work to have a clue and a Cause?

Why not lower our tax burden by merely and faithfully executing our own laws regarding the concept of employment at will, and unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines on that same at-will basis.

Unemployment compensation for Individuals is much less complicated and provides that market based metric in our political-economy, and is much less intervention than simply mandating the private sector pay a socialized, minimum wage.

it is truly amazing how the Left remains blissfully ignorant of what their OWN TALKING POINTS say about their OTHER talking points.
in this case this left-wing idiot at least bothers to provide facts on TANF assistence. What they never seem to realize is what the actual facts say about many of the talking points the Left likes to use.
For instance the fact mentioned that states can determne the level of benefits. Southern states, the ones the Left loves to say are gettng all this welfare money, have much lower levels of benefits than Blue states.

and if it is true it's so hard to get welfare as the OP clearly implies when he says you can make next to nothing and still not be "poor" or at the Poverty Level according to the government, then what does it say that welfare and food stamps DID reach record levels under Obama, and that in obama's SEVENTH YEAR there are still about 44 MILLION ON FOOD STAMPS, and that is about 13 MILLION MORE than there were under Bush??????

ou start off your post with a non-sequitur, an ad hominem attack you cant back up with evidence.

YAWN. it's not about having a clue; it's about trying to decipher the moronic, bat-sh*t crazy things you post.

Yeah, that's why the people in America, even the poor, have a higher standard of living than 99% of the planet.

Leftism is a personal infatuation with envy, greed and arrogance. Leftists are destroying the vary system that has made them wealthy, in the name of being poor. They are all just spoiled brats, who never grew up into adulthood, and learned to stop blaming everyone else for everything that happens to them.

It's always odd that people focus on the lowest paying jobs leaving the country, when no one wants to do the lowest paying jobs.

No one wants to work at a Cable TV call center, explain to Aunt Edna that the problem is she didn't plug the TV's power cord in. Call Centers are low paying crap jobs. I've done it... never again.

You want to pay another $20 a month, so that a snotty American teenager and treat you like crap from an American call center? Really? That's your big plan to save America?

Guy, what made us wealthy was a progressive state with a high level of unionization. I don't live as well as my father did DESPITE having more education.

Most of us don't. That's 30 years of the War on the Working Class.

But you gots your bible and your gun, and you can look down on that lady who got an abortion because she couldn't afford a kid.

YAWN. it's not about having a clue; it's about trying to decipher the moronic, bat-sh*t crazy things you post.
nothing but fallacy for your Cause? how serious is that.

Yeah, that's why the people in America, even the poor, have a higher standard of living than 99% of the planet.

Leftism is a personal infatuation with envy, greed and arrogance. Leftists are destroying the vary system that has made them wealthy, in the name of being poor. They are all just spoiled brats, who never grew up into adulthood, and learned to stop blaming everyone else for everything that happens to them.

It's always odd that people focus on the lowest paying jobs leaving the country, when no one wants to do the lowest paying jobs.

No one wants to work at a Cable TV call center, explain to Aunt Edna that the problem is she didn't plug the TV's power cord in. Call Centers are low paying crap jobs. I've done it... never again.

You want to pay another $20 a month, so that a snotty American teenager and treat you like crap from an American call center? Really? That's your big plan to save America?

Guy, what made us wealthy was a progressive state with a high level of unionization. I don't live as well as my father did DESPITE having more education.

Most of us don't. That's 30 years of the War on the Working Class.

But you gots your bible and your gun, and you can look down on that lady who got an abortion because she couldn't afford a kid.

If you specifically do not live as well as your father did, that's on you.

I don't live as well as my father did, but that's my fault. It just is.

But as a society, if you are trying to claim that we don't live as well as our parents, you a freakin nutz. No one alive in the 1970s, says we need to go back to that. No one in the 50s and 60s, would ever claim those days were better than these, unless you are talking about culture.

Now culturally we have lost a ton. It's pathetic how badly we've slid. People used to have friends. No one has friends anymore. We used to have community. People would go to their church, and eat together, and enjoy company. No one has community anymore. We used to have safety, and people left their doors open, and left their cars unlocked on the street with the keys in them. Now if someone steals your car, people blame you for having left it unlocked, instead of the criminal for stealing it. People used to stay together, and live as a family. Now people look at you liked you just beamed down, if you are married to one woman, and all the kids are all yours.

In short, our culture has been absolutely destroyed by the left.

But economically, you are fruit bat crazy. We are 20 times better off than we were one generation ago. Easily.

Uh, no, guy. Most of us don't and that's by DESIGN. I'm sorry you are too dense to see that, but the fact is, there has been a 30 year push to bust unions, push down wages, move jobs overseas, replace people with machines, and it has all been geared towards dismantling the American Middle class.

Mostly because stupid fucks like you got all upset about the Gays and the Abortions and the Guns and didn't watch what these cocksuckers were up to.

But as a society, if you are trying to claim that we don't live as well as our parents, you a freakin nutz. No one alive in the 1970s, says we need to go back to that. No one in the 50s and 60s, would ever claim those days were better than these, unless you are talking about culture.

Guy, i was around in the 1960's. what I remember was having a vibrant middle class that my parents were part of. One where you could take long vacations with the family. today, not so much.

Now culturally we have lost a ton. It's pathetic how badly we've slid. People used to have friends. No one has friends anymore. We used to have community. People would go to their church, and eat together, and enjoy company. No one has community anymore. We used to have safety, and people left their doors open, and left their cars unlocked on the street with the keys in them. Now if someone steals your car, people blame you for having left it unlocked, instead of the criminal for stealing it. People used to stay together, and live as a family. Now people look at you liked you just beamed down, if you are married to one woman, and all the kids are all yours.

I'm sure YOU don't have friends... but that's on you.

You can blame the left for it, but frankly, people shouldn't stay in marriages that are mistakes because an imaginary sky man says so. The decline of religion is a GOOD thing.

But economically, you are fruit bat crazy. We are 20 times better off than we were one generation ago. Easily.

Uh, no, we aren't. And all the social problems you whine about are largely because we aren't.

Uh, no, guy. Most of us don't and that's by DESIGN. I'm sorry you are too dense to see that, but the fact is, there has been a 30 year push to bust unions, push down wages, move jobs overseas, replace people with machines, and it has all been geared towards dismantling the American Middle class.

Mostly because stupid fucks like you got all upset about the Gays and the Abortions and the Guns and didn't watch what these cocksuckers were up to.

Guy, i was around in the 1960's. what I remember was having a vibrant middle class that my parents were part of. One where you could take long vacations with the family. today, not so much.

I'm sure YOU don't have friends... but that's on you.

You can blame the left for it, but frankly, people shouldn't stay in marriages that are mistakes because an imaginary sky man says so. The decline of religion is a GOOD thing.

Uh, no, we aren't. And all the social problems you whine about are largely because we aren't.

But we are. You are just ignorant, and oblivious. No social program has ever helped me, and every single one of them has hurt me. I can see it on my pay check. It's called "taxes". I'd be way better off without them.

You say that loss of religion is a good thing, and yet everything is getting worse. One in every 10 Americans is now on antidepressants.
Loneliness is increasing -- and it can harm your health - USATODAY.com
25% of the population say they are lonely.

By what measure would you say things have improved?

As for me, I'm fine. But then, I know G-d is alive and well in heaven. So I'm a mute point. What about the rest of society?

One myth-busting fact...

Get off your lazy ass and get a job, and you get off my dime....

But you're a Democrat, right????

Children?
Disabled?
Wounded Vets?

It's sometimes not that simple -- the notion that unemployed are just "lazy" is ignorant.

One myth-busting fact...

Get off your lazy ass and get a job, and you get off my dime....

But you're a Democrat, right????

Children?
Disabled?
Wounded Vets?

It's sometimes not that simple -- the notion that unemployed are just "lazy" is ignorant.

Children have parents to provide for them. Disabled people can and do work (depending on the disability) but if they can't, then it should be up to their family and/or community to provide for them. Wounded vets should be taken care of until they can take care of themselves.

i think the right needs to try a simple exercise; what would you do if you didn't have to work for lucre; but still need to accomplish any given thing in life.

Lucre? hmmmm......
what would you do if you Only didn't have to work for money?

I would do what they did in the old days. Barter. I have a few hundred head of cattle, a dozen horses and many acres of fine hunting land.
Ok; then, let's add some metrics to our simple model; what if you could apply for unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, as an alternative to competing for a prevailing, market based wage.

How much easier would it be, if you could have the convenience of a medium of exchange and not have to compete for a prevailing market based wage, if the opportunity cost could be, going to school, learning a new and more marketable vocation, or simply pursuing Happiness until you feel the need to earn more lucre.

i think the right needs to try a simple exercise; what would you do if you didn't have to work for lucre; but still need to accomplish any given thing in life.

Lucre? hmmmm......

I would do what they did in the old days. Barter. I have a few hundred head of cattle, a dozen horses and many acres of fine hunting land.
Ok; then, let's add some metrics to our simple model; what if you could apply for unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, as an alternative to competing for a prevailing, market based wage.

How much easier would it be, if you could have the convenience of a medium of exchange and not have to compete for a prevailing market based wage, if the opportunity cost could be, going to school, learning a new and more marketable vocation, or simply pursuing Happiness until you feel the need to earn more lucre.

I would never seek unemployment benefits.

Life isn't easy. The sooner you learn that the better off you'll be.

You seem to think government is the answer, I see government as the problem.

Lucre? hmmmm......

your model is too simplistic by not solving for capitalism's natural rate of inefficiency regarding full employment.

Lucre? hmmmm......

your model is too simplistic by not solving for capitalism's natural rate of inefficiency regarding full employment.

Capitalism built this country, it should be left alone. If you don't want to work a minimum wage job then you should have stayed your ass in school and got an education. The way I see it, employees negotiate their contract with an employer and if they aren't happy with it then they can look for employment elsewhere. Why should I have to pay you fifteen dollars to do a job that Joe down the street will do for ten?

Forum List

Back