🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tennessee governor taunts California after 2 more companies move corporate offices to TN

White Protestant conservative voters is the reason for the explosion of the wise coming to Tennessee

Yeah, just wait until they try to get the goobers to produce anything.

What a doofus.. Statement from start-up Pilot PR person..,..

San Francisco tech startup Pilot.com is expanding to Nashville
Since 2014, at least eight San Francisco companies have opened Nashville offices: Eventbrite, Google, Lyft, Postmates, Houzz, Wonolo, KeepTruckin and NomNomNow.

Another California-based company, Mitsubishi North America, announced Tuesday that it will move its U.S. administrative headquarters to Franklin.

Jessica McKellar, founder of Pilot.com, said the city's schools and workforce attracted the company.

"The city has great schools, attracts incredible, diverse talent, and is making smart investments to support its burgeoning startup scene," McKellar said. "I also know first-hand that it's a great place to live and raise a family."

Yep.. that's why I checked out of Cali. Could have moved anywhere, but saw the beauty and cost of living differences and nationally ranked public schools and stopped looking.. I've also been active in the Nashville Technology incubation projects in conjunction with Vanderbilt..

I just hope we don't get over-run by the stampede... It was a great secret when I discovered it...

Big mistake.

What's a big mistake? Having 3 times the house for 1/2 the price of your 65 yr old $mill shack in Cali? The nationally ranked schools and well governed cities? Having great entertainment and colleges and outdoor opportunities? And neighbors who care about you and the neighborhood?

:biggrin:

Winning sucks doesn't it? I'm not happy about all the urbanization around here, but you can't put up a decent vetting and immigration process around all of middle Tennessee.. And all the Cali refugees have such stories, it would break my hurt to turn them away....

My buds LEFT in the San Fran/Silicon Valley area are tired of getting their cars keyed by activists that don't appreciate their business....
Hey I think Cali is turning into a cesspool also, it’s just a totally classless move by someone who should know better. I expect that shit from you, but not from a top elected official. Oh well, it’s the Trump no class era. Waddaya gonna do?

if it Trump or any of his bots, they always blame somebody else

What's a big mistake? Having 3 times the house for 1/2 the price of your 65 yr old $mill shack in Cali? The nationally ranked schools and well governed cities? Having great entertainment and colleges and outdoor opportunities? And neighbors who care about you and the neighborhood?

And all the Friday night high school football you can stand!

What do the jobs pay? Anything under $20 pet hour isn't much of a job. Can't live on it.

Winning sucks doesn't it? I'm not happy about all the urbanization around here, but you can't put up a decent vetting and immigration process around all of middle Tennessee.. And all the Cali refugees have such stories, it would break my hurt to turn them away....

My buds LEFT in the San Fran/Silicon Valley area are tired of getting their cars keyed by activists that don't appreciate their business....
Hey I think Cali is turning into a cesspool also, it’s just a totally classless move by someone who should know better. I expect that shit from you, but not from a top elected official. Oh well, it’s the Trump no class era. Waddaya gonna do?

Cali started that war long ago when they declared a travel ban by State employees to Tennessee. That was VERY classless.

As well as the arrogance of a Cali governor who could blow $bills on a high speed train to nowhere and up the hand-outs for illegals and the homeless they are attracting by the trainloads, while HOPING to CLOBBER those rich techy companies into paying for all his hare-brained ideological fantasies..

And all the Friday night high school football you can stand!

Absolutely.. Big freakin' deal. Imagine a place where people actually spend Friday nights at their high schools and dragging their asses out of bed on Sunday to go get inspired at church.... Such lunacy right???

Cali started that war long ago when they declared a travel ban by State employees to Tennessee. That was VERY classless.

As well as the arrogance of a Cali governor who could blow $bills on a high speed train to nowhere and up the hand-outs for illegals and the homeless they are attracting by the trainloads, while HOPING to CLOBBER those rich techy companies into paying for all his hare-brained ideological fantasies..
Must suck being poor, I feel for you brah. But a high speed train is useful, helping people with nothing is the right thing to do and tech companies pay almost no taxes, which isn’t right.

Absolutely.. Big freakin' deal. Imagine a place where people actually spend Friday nights at their high schools and dragging their asses out of bed on Sunday to go get inspired at church.... Such lunacy right???

Sounds exciting.

Thanks, but I’ll pass.

Yeah, just wait until they try to get the goobers to produce anything.

What a doofus.. Statement from start-up Pilot PR person..,..

San Francisco tech startup Pilot.com is expanding to Nashville
Since 2014, at least eight San Francisco companies have opened Nashville offices: Eventbrite, Google, Lyft, Postmates, Houzz, Wonolo, KeepTruckin and NomNomNow.

Another California-based company, Mitsubishi North America, announced Tuesday that it will move its U.S. administrative headquarters to Franklin.

Jessica McKellar, founder of Pilot.com, said the city's schools and workforce attracted the company.

"The city has great schools, attracts incredible, diverse talent, and is making smart investments to support its burgeoning startup scene," McKellar said. "I also know first-hand that it's a great place to live and raise a family."

Yep.. that's why I checked out of Cali. Could have moved anywhere, but saw the beauty and cost of living differences and nationally ranked public schools and stopped looking.. I've also been active in the Nashville Technology incubation projects in conjunction with Vanderbilt..

I just hope we don't get over-run by the stampede... It was a great secret when I discovered it...

Big mistake.

:biggrin:
some of that sounds like California in the 70's......

What do the jobs pay? Anything under $20 pet hour isn't much of a job. Can't live on it.

Trust me.. $20 tennessee cash >= $35 cali cash... To paraphrase James Carville -- it's the local cost of living stupid... The difference is MORE when you compare San Fran or Silicon Valley pricing of EVERYTHING to Tennessee..

The salaries are GREAT in Middle Tennessee. Average income in my Hillbilly Hollywood suburb is around $130K. And tthere's NO PLACE to compare to the quality of life in all of Cali... Not as acheivable and available to the Mid class as here...

I've got to hush up now.. I'm overselling this... And I want the deer and turkey and the "country feel" to stick around about another 30 years or so....

Supply and demand. People WANT to live in Cali so it’s expensive. Tennessee is a DUMP so it has cheap labor and low cost of living.

Tennessee doesn’t suck that bad it’ has nice parts. But it is less desirable than Cali.

This...^^^

flacaltenn

I'm thinking of moving out of PA in the next few years.

Well don't come here.. We FORCE assimilation on you.. Got to program you to vote right and all that... LOL.....
Brau, I'm probably one of the most conservative people you'll ever meet. Besides, I'll have you all voting My way in no time!

I'm not really from PA, I just live here.

Forum List

Back