Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

I really don't know why I'm still talking to you. But I must admit...I'm running out of patience. How racist and condescending for you to suggest that "if I had the intelligence and black skin....." anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What? That implies, to me, that you couldn't possibly imagine that any black person could possess your intelligence, or more. Hello? Many do...and far exceeding yours.

Your lack of comprehension is staggering. I did not say that I'm smarter than every black person. I stated that black skin would only greatly enhance my potential. The fact that you greatly mis-comprehend such simple matters shows why you are int constant disarray and why you can believe anything that tickles your racism.

And reading is fundamental. It was condescending for you to say what you did. The "backdrop" implied was that you were smarter than random black people. Ain't nobody stupid, except maybe you.
How the fuck would having black skin enhance your potential? Like you even believe that.
Guess what? We have reached an intellectual impasse' . You're epically stupid and bigoted, and I don't see any value in engaging you any further. You know what comes next. Goodbye. And your cries of racism are only "projection", on your part.

Or if you are going to discuss issues connected to a particular race, do you only focus on the negative angles, or do you balance that with positive aspects, too? Or just focus on the justifications that fit your agenda or argument?

in general, I find the real issue behind complaints of racial, religious or political bias
is that there are unforgiven issues people have, in their own backgrounds or relationship history, and if these are not resolved, the negative perceptions and emotions are "projected" onto others. Then these projections find expression in terms of blaming a group, whether identified by race, religion, party, etc. It is usually caused by a projection of unforgiven issues. Whereas people who are healed of such issues do not see people this way, but tend to see the common struggle of humanity regardless of race or class etc.

No, honey, it doesn't. I'm addressing, actually, the negative mindsets in this forum, and often, in the country, at-large. Make no mistake, ideology and beliefs, are at the core of my contention, having nothing to do with race, per se. I "side with", admire, socialize with, and share ideologies and beliefs with many white liberals. I believe them to be inherently "good" and well-meaning. I don't believe that of "white conservatives" (and Republicans), whom I believe to be largely, racist, bigoted, heartless, self-serving, and often, downright "evil". I, in fact, believe most white Americans fall on the liberal side, if only by their commitment to decency, fair play, tolerance, and everyone's right to pursue the American Dream. Did you get that?????? Most White Americans.
The aforementioned "misfits" are but a fraction of White America....as the last election proved. They liken themselves to represent the core of White America, with their hate and hypocrisy. They are not. Most white Americans are peaceful, loving, tolerant and sane. Did you get that? Because I'm lied upon, constantly, and falsely portrayed as a hard core, black racist. I am not. I don't blanket indict a whole race, as some do here. There are wonderful and admirable white people...just not too many up in here.

In other words, he don't hate all whites just white conservatives.

That would be the same as someone saying they didn't hate all blacks just black liberals.

Which makes him STILL a bigot.

I don't believe that of "white conservatives" (and Republicans), whom I believe to be largely, racist, bigoted, heartless, self-serving, and often, downright "evil".

We just have to replace white conservatives with Jews and then we'd definitely have something that Hitler would say.

Oh, please, drama queen. I don't want you dead. I just want you gone, somewhere.
Now who is the victim, here? LOLOLOL Do you see the hypocrisy, or do I have to break it down further? Oh, that's right...I've placed you on ignore...nevermind.

Tim Wise » Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

"White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out to be white, his or her identity will not result in white folks generally being singled out for suspicion by law enforcement, or the TSA, or the FBI.
White privilege is knowing that even if the bomber turns out to be white, no one will call for whites to be profiled as terrorists as a result, subjected to special screening, or threatened with deportation.
White privilege is knowing that if the bomber turns out to be white, he or she will be viewed as an exception to an otherwise non-white rule, an aberration, an anomaly, and that he or she will be able to join the ranks of pantheon of white people who engage in (or have plotted) politically motivated violence meant to terrorize — and specifically to kill — but whose actions result in the assumption of absolutely nothing about white people generally, or white Christians in particular......And white privilege is knowing that if this bomber turns out to be white, the United States government will not bomb whatever corn field or mountain town or stale suburb from which said bomber came, just to ensure that others like him or her don’t get any ideas. And if he turns out to be a member of the Irish Republican Army we won’t bomb Belfast. And if he’s an Italian American Catholic we won’t bomb the Vatican.
In short, white privilege is the thing that allows you (if you’re white) — and me — to view tragic events like this as merely horrific, and from the perspective of pure and innocent victims, rather than having to wonder, and to look over one’s shoulder, and to ask even if only in hushed tones, whether those we pass on the street might think that somehow we were involved.
It is the source of our unearned innocence and the cause of others’ unjustified oppression.
That is all. And it matters."

Now the semantics are being debated if one can be both "white" and "Muslim". The two are not "mutually exclusive".

Perhaps you could petition the USMB admin to create a Racist Forum and call it the Poet Zone. :eusa_whistle:

Uh, Lincoln freed the slaves....why don't you do it for me? And be quick about it.

No, honey, it doesn't. I'm addressing, actually, the negative mindsets in this forum, and often, in the country, at-large. Make no mistake, ideology and beliefs, are at the core of my contention, having nothing to do with race, per se. I "side with", admire, socialize with, and share ideologies and beliefs with many white liberals. I believe them to be inherently "good" and well-meaning. I don't believe that of "white conservatives" (and Republicans), whom I believe to be largely, racist, bigoted, heartless, self-serving, and often, downright "evil". I, in fact, believe most white Americans fall on the liberal side, if only by their commitment to decency, fair play, tolerance, and everyone's right to pursue the American Dream. Did you get that?????? Most White Americans.
The aforementioned "misfits" are but a fraction of White America....as the last election proved. They liken themselves to represent the core of White America, with their hate and hypocrisy. They are not. Most white Americans are peaceful, loving, tolerant and sane. Did you get that? Because I'm lied upon, constantly, and falsely portrayed as a hard core, black racist. I am not. I don't blanket indict a whole race, as some do here. There are wonderful and admirable white people...just not too many up in here.

That would be the same as someone saying they didn't hate all blacks just black liberals.

Which makes him STILL a bigot.

Really? Well sue me. I'm still better than you.

Tim Wise » Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

Now the semantics are being debated if one can be both "white" and "Muslim". The two are not "mutually exclusive".

Perhaps you could petition the USMB admin to create a Racist Forum and call it the Poet Zone. :eusa_whistle:

Uh, Lincoln freed the slaves....why don't you do it for me? And be quick about it.

Still a victim after all these years? Pull your head out and smell the roses.

I really don't know why I'm still talking to you. But I must admit...I'm running out of patience. How racist and condescending for you to suggest that "if I had the intelligence and black skin....." anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What? That implies, to me, that you couldn't possibly imagine that any black person could possess your intelligence, or more. Hello? Many do...and far exceeding yours.

Your lack of comprehension is staggering. I did not say that I'm smarter than every black person. I stated that black skin would only greatly enhance my potential. The fact that you greatly mis-comprehend such simple matters shows why you are int constant disarray and why you can believe anything that tickles your racism.

And reading is fundamental. It was condescending for you to say what you did. The "backdrop" implied was that you were smarter than random black people. Ain't nobody stupid, except maybe you.
How the fuck would having black skin enhance your potential? Like you even believe that.
Guess what? We have reached an intellectual impasse' . You're epically stupid and bigoted, and I don't see any value in engaging you any further. You know what comes next. Goodbye. And your cries of racism are only "projection", on your part.

1. Nowhere did I state or imply that I was smarter than random black people. Again, your lack of comprehension is glaring.
2. A stupid person calling me stupid gives me no pause. It makes me chuckle just a bit.
3. I explained how black skin would enhance my potential; but I'm not surprised that you missed it.
4. I reckon what happens next is that you have a good cry and self-exile yourself from my superior intelligence and character.

Baby, if you see a victim, slap 'em. Slap them right out of it. I'm not a victim. I'm an ass kicker. You're still confused...after all these years.

Baby, if you see a victim, slap 'em. Slap them right out of it. I'm not a victim. I'm an ass kicker. You're still confused...after all these years.

No you're an ass licker.

Really? For a poet, you sure suck at expressing that.

Really? For a poet, you sure suck at expressing that.

I'm not called to be a poet, here, but to discuss and debate politics. What are you doing, but employing ad hominem attacks?

Or if you are going to discuss issues connected to a particular race, do you only focus on the negative angles, or do you balance that with positive aspects, too? Or just focus on the justifications that fit your agenda or argument?

in general, I find the real issue behind complaints of racial, religious or political bias
is that there are unforgiven issues people have, in their own backgrounds or relationship history, and if these are not resolved, the negative perceptions and emotions are "projected" onto others. Then these projections find expression in terms of blaming a group, whether identified by race, religion, party, etc. It is usually caused by a projection of unforgiven issues. Whereas people who are healed of such issues do not see people this way, but tend to see the common struggle of humanity regardless of race or class etc.

What white conservatives? Most right wingers are anything BUT conservative. Most seem to be intolerant, racist, bigots with no sense of loyalty to anything that ain't white.. including their present President! Stop insulting real conservatives, many of whom are Democrats, by calling yourselves conservatives!!

What makes you a racist is that you are only pointing out one race, never mind about other races

may I ask why you see more conservative whites as racially biased/bigoted
than liberal whites?

I have found equally open or closed ppl in both groups, depending which issue we discuss,
and have equal success or failure working with either one regardless,
depending on how much we can forgive and work past our differences or not

why do you find more difficulty with conservative whites than liberals?
is it because you are more forgiving or less afraid, so they respond differently?

when i scare a liberal or a conservative, either one,
that is where they may jump on me assuming I am pushing the agenda they fear.
sometimes we get past this but sometimes the fear is too great.
do you run into this also?
isnt it fear and unforgiveness that determines connection or not?
not the group, color, or political leaning, but the fear factor
or forgiveness factor that either builds a wall or tears it down?
don't you run into that with any person of any group?

may I ask why you see more conservative whites as racially biased/bigoted
than liberal whites?

I have found equally open or closed ppl in both groups, depending which issue we discuss,
and have equal success or failure working with either one regardless,
depending on how much we can forgive and work past our differences or not

why do you find more difficulty with conservative whites than liberals?
is it because you are more forgiving or less afraid, so they respond differently?

when i scare a liberal or a conservative, either one,
that is where they may jump on me assuming I am pushing the agenda they fear.
sometimes we get past this but sometimes the fear is too great.
do you run into this also?
isnt it fear and unforgiveness that determines connection or not?
not the group, color, or political leaning, but the fear factor
or forgiveness factor that either builds a wall or tears it down?
don't you run into that with any person of any group?

White liberals tend to "play fair", and have the common sense that if they harbor any animus, they keep it to themselves, out of mutual respect. White conservatives have no such sensibilities or commitment to anyone but themselves....hence, the title of the essay I frequently repost, "Conservatism- The Politics Of Ignorance and Self Interest.

What white conservatives? Most right wingers are anything BUT conservative. Most seem to be intolerant, racist, bigots with no sense of loyalty to anything that ain't white.. including their present President! Stop insulting real conservatives, many of whom are Democrats, by calling yourselves conservatives!!

A liberal defining what a conservative is. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back