Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

Hey guys. Take it easy. Poet's my bitch! Ya'll need to get your own scene, ya mean?

Right. And you can't get off my dick. The Great Gatsby. Like you're a fictional character....with money and class. LOLOLOLOLOL:tongue:

Nah, exit only.....:tongue:

Dude, your avatar is one of a nun smoking a hookah....why should we take your word about anything? I say, you brought it up, and it's "projection", on your part.

If you recall, I wasn't even talking to you, or directing my commentary your way. Obviously, attention whore that you are, you had to chime in, and make it about you.
Pathetic and juvenile.
Anitabeme has not made any friends yet

You are the obvious attention whore spewing your bigotry and racism.

What, you wanna be my friend? I don't think so.

the typical NWA compensates for their deficiencies and failures by bragging about their alleged accomplishments and blaming white people for their failures.

If they were so brilliant and successful why are they constantly making shit up about being persecuted?

Hey guys. Take it easy. Poet's my bitch! Ya'll need to get your own scene, ya mean?

Right. And you can't get off my dick. The Great Gatsby. Like you're a fictional character....with money and class. LOLOLOLOLOL:tongue:

Hey, you've had a rough time lately. Just takin' a bit of heat off for ya. :cool:

Oh, bitch please. This is nothing compared to what I have faced over the years. Child's play. And don't do me any favors...they won't be appreciated, in light of your past postings.

This message is hidden because TakeAStepBack is on your ignore list.

Sorry, I don't communicate with the "disheveled".

Hey, you've had a rough time lately. Just takin' a bit of heat off for ya. :cool:

Oh, bitch please. This is nothing compared to what I have faced over the years. Child's play. And don't do me any favors...they won't be appreciated, in light of your past postings.

LMAO. You're like a wild animal. Can't pull the reigns too hard or soft. Though, I hesitate to compare you to anything of strength. Clearly, you are mentally disturbed, hostile, insecure individual (lemming).

Dude, your avatar is one of a nun smoking a hookah....why should we take your word about anything? I say, you brought it up, and it's "projection", on your part.

If you recall, I wasn't even talking to you, or directing my commentary your way. Obviously, attention whore that you are, you had to chime in, and make it about you.
Pathetic and juvenile.
Anitabeme has not made any friends yet

You are the obvious attention whore spewing your bigotry and racism.

What, you wanna be my friend? I don't think so.

the typical NWA compensates for their deficiencies and failures by bragging about their alleged accomplishments and blaming white people for their failures.

If they were so brilliant and successful why are they constantly making shit up about being persecuted?

What's NWA?

Oh wait. I think I can guess. LOLOL!:tongue:

LMAO. You're like a wild animal. Can't pull the reigns too hard or soft. Though, I hesitate to compare you to anything of strength. Clearly, you are mentally disturbed, hostile, insecure individual (lemming).

Really? Is that all you have? So weak. So "girly". Is it any wonder that your avatar is so, well...."gay"?

Tim Wise » Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

"White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out to be white, his or her identity will not result in white folks generally being singled out for suspicion by law enforcement, or the TSA, or the FBI.
White privilege is knowing that even if the bomber turns out to be white, no one will call for whites to be profiled as terrorists as a result, subjected to special screening, or threatened with deportation.
White privilege is knowing that if the bomber turns out to be white, he or she will be viewed as an exception to an otherwise non-white rule, an aberration, an anomaly, and that he or she will be able to join the ranks of pantheon of white people who engage in (or have plotted) politically motivated violence meant to terrorize — and specifically to kill — but whose actions result in the assumption of absolutely nothing about white people generally, or white Christians in particular......And white privilege is knowing that if this bomber turns out to be white, the United States government will not bomb whatever corn field or mountain town or stale suburb from which said bomber came, just to ensure that others like him or her don’t get any ideas. And if he turns out to be a member of the Irish Republican Army we won’t bomb Belfast. And if he’s an Italian American Catholic we won’t bomb the Vatican.
In short, white privilege is the thing that allows you (if you’re white) — and me — to view tragic events like this as merely horrific, and from the perspective of pure and innocent victims, rather than having to wonder, and to look over one’s shoulder, and to ask even if only in hushed tones, whether those we pass on the street might think that somehow we were involved.
It is the source of our unearned innocence and the cause of others’ unjustified oppression.
That is all. And it matters."

Now the semantics are being debated if one can be both "white" and "Muslim". The two are not "mutually exclusive".

OK Poet if you want to play this game.

How many uncles of NONWHITE terrorists came out in the media and asked for forgiveness and offered to ask the families himself personally, and demanded the nephew take PERSONAL responsibility for his crimes?

How do you know that taking this level of responsibility INDIVIDUALLY isn't linked to being raised WHITE, where the linear family line carries weight of authority and responsibility, and the "social responsibility" isn't spread out over the collective identity like the "village mentality" where blaming racism on color masks taking individual responsibility?

Did you see any families of other terrorists stating in public that their sons SHAMED THEIR FAMILIES AND COUNTRY. Was this due to culture or color? What else was different in this case? Was it that the media focused on the uncle because he is a White American, while the apologetic mother of the 9/11 terrorist was a foreign woman, so nobody focused on her?

Personally I thought it was because there were fewer people involved, so people could identify and follow them BY NAME that made the difference. But if you are saying race is a major factor, please be sure to include both the good sides of that equally not just the bad.

Really? Is that all you have? So weak. So "girly". Is it any wonder that your avatar is so, well...."gay"?
'
I'm beginning to think that you're JakeStarkey's 'black' alter ego.

Tim Wise » Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

"White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out to be white, his or her identity will not result in white folks generally being singled out for suspicion by law enforcement, or the TSA, or the FBI.
White privilege is knowing that even if the bomber turns out to be white, no one will call for whites to be profiled as terrorists as a result, subjected to special screening, or threatened with deportation.
White privilege is knowing that if the bomber turns out to be white, he or she will be viewed as an exception to an otherwise non-white rule, an aberration, an anomaly, and that he or she will be able to join the ranks of pantheon of white people who engage in (or have plotted) politically motivated violence meant to terrorize — and specifically to kill — but whose actions result in the assumption of absolutely nothing about white people generally, or white Christians in particular......And white privilege is knowing that if this bomber turns out to be white, the United States government will not bomb whatever corn field or mountain town or stale suburb from which said bomber came, just to ensure that others like him or her don’t get any ideas. And if he turns out to be a member of the Irish Republican Army we won’t bomb Belfast. And if he’s an Italian American Catholic we won’t bomb the Vatican.
In short, white privilege is the thing that allows you (if you’re white) — and me — to view tragic events like this as merely horrific, and from the perspective of pure and innocent victims, rather than having to wonder, and to look over one’s shoulder, and to ask even if only in hushed tones, whether those we pass on the street might think that somehow we were involved.
It is the source of our unearned innocence and the cause of others’ unjustified oppression.
That is all. And it matters."

Now the semantics are being debated if one can be both "white" and "Muslim". The two are not "mutually exclusive".

OK Poet if you want to play this game.

How many uncles of NONWHITE terrorists came out in the media and asked for forgiveness and offered to ask the families himself personally, and demanded the nephew take PERSONAL responsibility for his crimes?

How do you know that taking this level of responsibility INDIVIDUALLY isn't linked to being raised WHITE, where the linear family line carries weight of authority and responsibility, and the "social responsibility" isn't spread out over the collective identity like the "village mentality" where blaming racism on color masks taking individual responsibility?

Did you see any families of other terrorists stating in public that their sons SHAMED THEIR FAMILIES AND COUNTRY. Was this due to culture or color? What else was different in this case? Was it that the media focused on the uncle because he is a White American, while the apologetic mother of the 9/11 terrorist was a foreign woman, so nobody focused on her?

Personally I thought it was because there were fewer people involved, so people could identify and follow them BY NAME that made the difference. But if you are saying race is a major factor, please be sure to include both the good sides of that equally not just the bad.

WTF??? If you only could make sense, I could answer. And I don't play games...least of all with people (and I use the term "loosely) I don't know.

Last edited:

'
I'm beginning to think that you're JakeStarkey's 'black' alter ego.

Your response would only make sense if I knew Jake Starkey and his stance. As it stands, I don't. Fail.

White privilege=black paranoia.

When people get to know each other, preconceived notions about race, ethnicity, religion disappear.

Race is an artifice. When it comes down to it, people are just people.

Complaining about abstract concepts of privilege is a masturbatory exercise.

Forum List

Back