Tesla issues recall of 11,704 EVs over braking software glitch

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

the joke in the auto industry has long been that to make a small fortune in the car business, start with a large one

• Banned
the idea of an electric car is as old as the car itself. Henry Ford's wife had an electric car in the early 1900s

the joke in the auto industry has long been that to make a small fortune in the car business, start with a large one

Have they reinvented the Pinto?

That's one reason I don't want an electric vehicle.

My gas car has computer boards in it and such but it doesn't require a computer to run. Having cars have physical breakdowns is enough, but now I'd have to worry about it's computer having a software glitch? Fuck that.

When is a "recall" not really a recall? From the OP link:
The same day, Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk tweeted of FSD: "Seeing some issues with 10.3, so rolling back to 10.2 temporarily. Please note, this is to be expected with beta software."

On Oct. 25, Tesla began deploying the over-the-air software update and re-enabled FCW and AEB features on vehicles with the update.

Tesla said as of Oct. 29, more than 99.8% of the vehicles - all but for 17 - had installed an update and no further action is necessary.

Over priced golf carts.

Hunks of shit.
But they're fun.

I built a class 2 fat tire electric MTB and then built another one for my wife.

I'm just wondering how well my battery packs will do in the winter. It's got fat tires that are rated from 5 psi to 35 psi so it should be pretty fun in the snow.

I hope we get some snow this winter.

I remember the time I bought snowplows for my trucks and then that winter it didn't snow here more than an inch or two all that winter. I didn't even get to use them until the next winter. :(

But they're fun.

I built a class 2 fat tire electric MTB and then built another one for my wife.

I'm just wondering how well my battery packs will do in the winter. It's got fat tires that are rated from 5 psi to 35 psi so it should be pretty fun in the snow.

I hope we get some snow this winter.

I remember the time I bought snowplows for my trucks and then that winter it didn't snow here more than an inch or two all that winter. I didn't even get to use them until the next winter. :(
To each their own. Have fun.

Imagine having a (limited edition) Tesla full self driving model that has a computer glitch and the automatic pilot sends you over a cliff or in the path of a fuel truck.

Imagine having a (limited edition) Tesla full self driving model that has a computer glitch and the automatic pilot sends you over a cliff or in the path of a fuel truck.
No thanks.
Considering how many vehicles have software glitches, I will never trust self driving cars. They are still programmed by flawed humans.

They are not "self driving". They have assisted driving. You're still supposed to keep your hands on the steering wheel.

They are not "self driving". They have assisted driving. You're still supposed to keep your hands on the steering wheel.
The last ad I saw for Ford assisted drive pickups showed drivers completely taking their hands off the wheel even while towing.
The companies are marketing it that way.
Even call it self driving.

download (9).jpeg

No thanks for me. Not with the amount of recalls.
But now we know how Biden actually drove that truck.

To each their own. Have fun.
I'll try my best to have fun. Only time will tell. I mostly built them for fun in the snow and ice. The Kenda tubeless tires are rated to perform with as little as 5 psi, so that should give some really good traction in the snow. And they work great in the sand and mud.

What I'm wondering more about is the battery packs I made. Most ebikes use the 18650 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that are notorious for not performing very well for very long in the cold weather. But the battery packs I made use the newer 21700 batteries. The same style that the new Tesla cars are using. They have a lot more energy density than the best 18650s on the market.

And there's other details about my battery packs and battery management units that I just can't tell you about, or I might have to kill you. :lol:

Last edited:
I'll try my best to have fun. Only time will tell. I mostly built them for fun in the snow and ice. The Kenda tubeless tires are rated to perform with as little as 5 psi, so that should give some really good traction in the snow. And they work great in the sand and mud.

What I'm wondering more about is the battery packs I made. Most ebikes use the 18650 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that are notorious for not performing very well for very long in the cold weather. But the battery packs I made use the newer 21700 batteries. The same style that the new Tesla cars are using. They have a lot more energy density than the best 18650s on the market.

And there's other details about my battery packs and battery management units that I just can't tell you about, or I might have to kill you. :lol:
Batteries hate cold weather. I remember arriving in the North Pole exited to take photos and my iphone dying within 30 seconds.

Wauu Wauuu Wauuuuu.

Good luck bud.

One of the big recalls was that the NTSB required of Tesla was something called BoomBox. The NTSB requires a horn. The Boombox allowed Tesla owners to change the horn sound from the normal one to whatever they wanted. You could play a snippet of a song, if you wanted. They also had goat noises you could use of even a loud fart noise.

But the "fun police" as Musk called them wouldn't allow it.

Forum List

Back