Texas broke one-day coronavirus death record today

Re-opened Texas is struggling to flatten the curve after their Republican governor re-opened.
A single-day high of 58 Texans’ deaths from the coronavirus were confirmed on Thursday, two weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott’s reopening.

The state has reported 116 deaths over the past three days, the most in a three-day stretch during the pandemic.

I saw where former Astro Manager Art Howe is in critical condition with C19. Sad day.

For the record, Ontario has less than half the population of Texas and 600 MORE deaths. Just unbelievable. These numbers are far worse in Quebec.

Really outside of New York, America has done a good job. Canadas economy was finished even before this virus and it won't rebound for a very long time, at least you all have hope because your Constitution and civil liberties ensures and drives capitalist success.
This is the kind of person I want to immigrate to the U.S. I want somebody like this who appreciates what we have.

You’re welcome here anytime.

:beer:

For the record, Ontario has less than half the population of Texas and 600 MORE deaths. Just unbelievable. These numbers are far worse in Quebec.

Really outside of New York, America has done a good job. Canadas economy was finished even before this virus and it won't rebound for a very long time, at least you all have hope because your Constitution and civil liberties ensures and drives capitalist success.
Dude, why dont you move down to New York and help raise IQ there?

Or Illnoise?

If I had U.S citizenship I'd start a Gofundme page to hire a private plane myself and be there tomorrow, rest assured. Hah. Though not New York, too similar to Toronto in how it is operated.

As it were, Americans need to get some perspective. Nobody is ever going to say there isn't any risk in life, but with reasonable mitigation, more knowledge of how this virus is transmitted and how to protect oneself, is all part of the evolution of handling it.

Don't destroy your economy, future generations and Western nations leading defender of civil liberty and freedom simply because of fear alone. We could all perish on any given day, you guys have a chance to live life as you have some determined politicians. Embrace it and remind the world why you are historically more different than other nations.
Well if you ever come down to Fredericksburg VA, we can give you the full tour. :D
Of course we would all have to be masked like bandidos.

1589516731163.png

This is the kind of person I want to immigrate to the U.S. I want somebody like this who appreciates what we have.

As long as he isn't like my cousin Greg from B.C.
The dude showed up at my apartment in Houston out of the blue. Turned out he stole his girlfriends high end sewing machine and sold it for a bus ticket to Houston.

The dude showed up at my apartment in Houston out of the blue. Turned out he stole his girlfriends high end sewing machine and sold it for a bus ticket to Houston.
That guy sounds like the exact type of immigrant I DON’T want to come here. Seems to be all we get now.

And people are condemning the impeached president trump for his incompetence.

It's obvious the people like COVID-19, just as the impeached president trump expected. Why else would so many conservatives want to lift all social distancing restrictions? They want to catch it, it's stylish.

Who wants to lift social distancing restrictions.

Please show me...liar.

That guy sounds like the exact type of immigrant I DON’T want to come here. Seems to be all we get now.

And for the life of me I couldnt figure out why he chose my place .
Hadn't talked to the dude for over ten years.

Re-opened Texas is struggling to flatten the curve after their Republican governor re-opened.
A single-day high of 58 Texans’ deaths from the coronavirus were confirmed on Thursday, two weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott’s reopening.

The state has reported 116 deaths over the past three days, the most in a three-day stretch during the pandemic.

Tell us, what good is “flattening the curve”? South Korea did it, then what? Hide in your house for another year, for a vaccine that is possibly never coming?

The only real way through it is herd immunity, when over 60% of the population has been exposed. The vast majority of people won’t get sick from it.

It's obvious the people like COVID-19, just as the impeached president trump expected. Why else would so many conservatives want to lift all social distancing restrictions? They want to catch it, it's stylish.

I really think they are going for the herd immunity thing, but without vaccine it would probably require 2/3 of population and kill a hell of a lot of old people. I have decided to pass.
This really isnt much of a "pandemic" as far as pandemics go but I understand you've got to get as much milage out of it as you can
No. I'm not getting mileage out of it. Had an exchange on here the other night after somebody asked who goes out in a mask and I said we did. Not sure they ever understood that me taking precautions was in my best interests, where as rolling the dice to support rejecting precautions was not, but you would have thought I'd pissed on the pope. Been out buying lumber and working in the yard behind my fences, picking up a new grille, uncovering the kayak, and doing my usual spring stuff. Distancing, masking in businesses, hygiene, skipping crowded restaurants, theaters really isn't and will not be effecting me much. We're opening up slowly around here and that's fine too. It is a local thing. There have only been 2 deaths in the county the whole time. Pool was up to 70 Degrees today., I'll be kayaking within next two weeks, probably without a mask but definitely with a life jacket even though I'm one of the better swimmer you might meet. I just believe in not taking chances I don't have to without something important to gain everything to lose. I just don't depend on good luck, as luck ain't a plan.

I really think they are going for the herd immunity thing, but without vaccine it would probably require 2/3 of population and kill a hell of a lot of old people. I have decided to pass.
Have fun hiding in your basement for the next year.

Have fun hiding in your basement for the next year.
Good luck with the wide open anything goes thing. Hope it works for you and any aging relatives of yours.

Nothing wrong with a few less Texans

Nothing wrong with a few less leftards either.....after all, they are the weakest link in the human chain.
Rural Texans are almost certainly not leftists.
Nope, they are freedom lovers of liberty that understand life comes with risks. They don't require "Big brother" gubermint to tell them what is "safe" and what isn't. I will take my chances with this bio -weapon than to succumb to this Orwellian state on steroids society we are fast becoming.....understand? Am I being too subtle?

Forum List

Back