Texas Democrats leave state to try to stop GOP voting bill

Even your article, quoting the Governor listed no statute that would allow for arrest and no penalties. I would be interested in seeing it, if it exists. I have never heard of a law anywhere in the country that says people walking of the job, can be arrested or imprisoned. Has Texas fallen to a communist takeover by it's own Governor?
Try reading this thread.
IT's pretty funny to see them squirm and continue to ask for ridiculous levels of proof in things that are just a matter of common sense. The article uses the word arrested but it is actually more of a forced presence procedure and is certainly not without precedent. The legislators have vested in their physical person the property of the state of Texas...a legislative vote... by taking that vote out of the process through the motion of flight they are in effect stealing from the state and as such can be detained as theives.....my guess is that is how the Texas State courts will proceed with this.

JO

Last edited:
News reports showed happy Democrat members of the Texas legislature laughing and joking, on a private charted jet, designed to take them out of the state, to thwart a vote on election integrity, by stopping a quorum. When they come back they're going to be arrested, and will be doing jail time. Maybe the news media will show us the before and after pictures. Should be an interesting contrast.

Amazing how these legislators turned criminals, can so lightly and flippantly think they can use election fraud to get themselves re-elected, as if the fraud-riddled 2020 election outrages, should now be thought of as normal. Nothing could be farther from the truth. This important vote on election integrity is going to happen, and the laws that need to be passed are going to be.

One of the Democrat legislators flying out of the state, state Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer said “We’ve left our jobs, we’ve left our families, we’ve left our homes. Because there is nothing more important than voting rights in America.” What he really means is >> there is nothing more important TO DEMOCRATS, than ILLEGAL voting rights FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS, In America.”

Here is a quote from Texas governor Greg Abbot, from KVUE, 2 hours ago>>

"There is something the governor can do. First of all, I’ll tell you what the House of Representatives can do. What the speaker can do is issue a call to have these members arrested. In addition to that, however, I can and I will continue to call a special session after special session after special session all the way up until election next year. And so if these people want to be hanging out wherever they’re hanging out on this taxpayer-paid junket, they’re going to have to be prepared to do it for well over a year. As soon as they come back in the state of Texas, they will be arrested, they will be cabined inside the Texas Capitol until they get their job done. "

Even your article, quoting the Governor listed no statute that would allow for arrest and no penalties. I would be interested in seeing it, if it exists. I have never heard of a law anywhere in the country that says people walking of the job, can be arrested or imprisoned. Has Texas fallen to a communist takeover by it's own Governor?
Fascist..
The Governor of Texas is talking about arresting legislators coming back into the state of Texas and you call me a Fascist? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

They ran for the legislature knowing what the law was. They aren't arresting people on the street.

This word you are fascist, it doesn't mean what you think it does. And yes, you are one white guy
You mean Webster has it wrong?
Fascist : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Yes. I am certainly one white guy, but not sure what that has to do with Texas. I have seen white guys in Texas (at least in airports) and am pretty sure there are some left down there.
Sounds like China.
Yes it does. I regard the government of China as Communists and Fascist.

News reports showed happy Democrat members of the Texas legislature laughing and joking, on a private charted jet, designed to take them out of the state, to thwart a vote on election integrity, by stopping a quorum. When they come back they're going to be arrested, and will be doing jail time. Maybe the news media will show us the before and after pictures. Should be an interesting contrast.

Amazing how these legislators turned criminals, can so lightly and flippantly think they can use election fraud to get themselves re-elected, as if the fraud-riddled 2020 election outrages, should now be thought of as normal. Nothing could be farther from the truth. This important vote on election integrity is going to happen, and the laws that need to be passed are going to be.

One of the Democrat legislators flying out of the state, state Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer said “We’ve left our jobs, we’ve left our families, we’ve left our homes. Because there is nothing more important than voting rights in America.” What he really means is >> there is nothing more important TO DEMOCRATS, than ILLEGAL voting rights FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS, In America.”

"There is something the governor can do. First of all, I’ll tell you what the House of Representatives can do. What the speaker can do is issue a call to have these members arrested. In addition to that, however, I can and I will continue to call a special session after special session after special session all the way up until election next year. And so if these people want to be hanging out wherever they’re hanging out on this taxpayer-paid junket, they’re going to have to be prepared to do it for well over a year. As soon as they come back in the state of Texas, they will be arrested, they will be cabined inside the Texas Capitol until they get their job done. "

Fascist..
The Governor of Texas is talking about arresting legislators coming back into the state of Texas and you call me a Fascist? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

They ran for the legislature knowing what the law was. They aren't arresting people on the street.

This word you are fascist, it doesn't mean what you think it does. And yes, you are one white guy
Fascist : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Yes. I am certainly one white guy, but not sure what that has to do with Texas. I have seen white guys in Texas (at least in airports) and am pretty sure there are some left down there.
Sounds like China.
It kind of sucks that the current administration is dong sucking the shit out of China.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Fascist..

Sounds like China.

They have that in common with us. Our government is also run by fascists. Our election was also won with fraud, Democrats stole it

Fascist..

Sounds like China.
It kind of sucks that the current administration is dong sucking the shit out of China.
just about bit the damn thing right off at this point.....but then again Xi pays big $$$$ for all of that.

JO

Both the walkout and the Governors plan to arrest are just political grandstanding, and a source of great entertainment to me, as political theater.
And when they are arrested, you will call it what, then ?
Kind of depends on how it is done. If the trooper says, "Get in the car sir, you are being taken to the capital floor, as the house is in session, and you have been ordered to appear," that's one thing, and I would describe it as being compelled to appear as the legislation states. If they throw them down on the ground while another cop holds them at gunpoint, handcuffs them from behind their back, after search for weapons and contraband before taking them down to the police station for charges and lock up, that is something else. That would be getting arrested. We have seen people arrested in this way in the news and countless TV shows.
You think we'll get so see some real arrests of members of the Texas House of Representatives? Could be a lot of fun for the rest of the country to watch.

All Democrats should be arrested for treason.
Spoken like a true Fascist. Two party system with free elections, not working out for you comrade?

Just because you don't like a law, that doesn't make a fascist out of those who enforce it.
Just because you didn't read the law, doesn't mean you know much about it.

Fascist..

Sounds like China.
I haven't seen them doing it.
Here is something from the last administration:
Trump wrote in a post on Twitter. “The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

Spoken like a true Fascist. Two party system with free elections, not working out for you comrade?

We don't have a two Party system. With the help of Biden's Chicom buddies the filthy ass Democrats stole the election in 2020. They now know how to fabricate unverified mail in and harvested ballots in Democrat controlled swing districts so we will never see another legitimate election. The greedy Socialists have stolen our Republic here just like they have done in other countries.

Fascist..

Sounds like China.

They have that in common with us. Our government is also run by fascists. Our election was also won with fraud, Democrats stole it
No. You just lost. Check the congressional record, look at the 62 court filing, including supreme court decisions. Trump's "stolen election" ploy was all bullshit. Just ask his handpicked Attorney General, Bill Barr, who had defended him throughout his presidency, even on private lawsuits not related to government, transferring them to federal court so he could defend him, and that was involving rape. How could you still believe such a lying C#cksucker as trump with no courtroom evidence, unless you are just in the bag for trump?

We don't have a two Party system. With the help of Biden's Chicom buddies the filthy ass Democrats stole the election in 2020. They now know how to fabricate unverified mail in and harvested ballots in Democrat controlled swing districts so we will never see another legitimate election. The greedy Socialists have stolen our Republic here just like they have done in other countries.
Take your meds, buddy. Calm down.
1626200852166.png

Sounds like China.
I haven't seen them doing it.
Here is something from the last administration:
Trump wrote in a post on Twitter. “The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

... From ... January ... 2020 ...

Seriously, white guy?

I see quite a lot of civil contempt in Texas right now. Along with other Red States. There is a reason that Colorado has become known as the Gold Standard for Voting by many states. And the reason that states like Texas have become known as the Jim Crowe II states. You want to condemn them from showing their civil contempt, I suggest you require the Party of the Rumpers to stop doing it themselves.
How typical for "has become known as" >> and then everybody in the room goes "Who ? Hah ? Wha ? "become known as" to lunatic fringe Democrats.

Looks to me like, together with Florida, Texas is who is becoming the Gold Standard for Voting, by making it easier to vote (for those who are eligible), while harder to cheat. And everyone now waits for the cheaters to come back home, if the sergeant at arms doesn't catch them first, and haul their cheating asses back home.

Fascist..

Sounds like China.

No. You just lost. Check the congressional record, look at the 62 court filing, including supreme court decisions. Trump's "stolen election" ploy was all bullshit. Just ask his handpicked Attorney General, Bill Barr, who had defended him throughout his presidency, even on private lawsuits not related to government, transferring them to federal court so he could defend him, and that was involving rape. How could you still believe such a lying C#cksucker as trump with no courtroom evidence, unless you are just in the bag for trump?

And that in your white mind proves there was no fraud? That Democrats didn't steal the election?

If you can't dazzle them with your wit, baffle them with your bull shit, huh white guy?

I saw Greg Abbott on TV tonight saying that when they return to Texas, they will be arrested. :laughing0301:

Nothing like jailing fellow elected politicians from the other party. LOL
Laws apply to everybody. No one is above the law.

That's what liberals cry when they accuse conservatives of breaking the law. You freaks gloated when Roger Stone was arrested. (That's just one example.)
Ok, show us the law then.
If Greg Abbott says they'll be arrested, there must be a law or congressional rule that says they can be. I'm not about to spend time searching Texas codified law to find one. The rest of my comment applies to laws in general. "No one is above the law" has been the rallying cry of the liberals regarding Trump and all the conservatives, but they tend to pay little attention to in when they break the law themselves. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Texas legislature voted 76-4 to have the Sergeant of Arms to send for all the legislators who left, and arrest them if necessary (if they don't turn themselves in).

Forum List

Back