Texas Democrats leave state to try to stop GOP voting bill

News reports showed happy Democrat members of the Texas legislature laughing and joking, on a private charted jet, designed to take them out of the state, to thwart a vote on election integrity, by stopping a quorum. When they come back they're going to be arrested, and will be doing jail time. Maybe the news media will show us the before and after pictures. Should be an interesting contrast.

Amazing how these legislators turned criminals, can so lightly and flippantly think they can use election fraud to get themselves re-elected, as if the fraud-riddled 2020 election outrages, should now be thought of as normal. Nothing could be farther from the truth. This important vote on election integrity is going to happen, and the laws that need to be passed are going to be.

One of the Democrat legislators flying out of the state, state Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer said “We’ve left our jobs, we’ve left our families, we’ve left our homes. Because there is nothing more important than voting rights in America.” What he really means is >> there is nothing more important TO DEMOCRATS, than ILLEGAL voting rights FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS, In America.”

Here is a quote from Texas governor Greg Abbot, from KVUE, 2 hours ago>>

"There is something the governor can do. First of all, I’ll tell you what the House of Representatives can do. What the speaker can do is issue a call to have these members arrested. In addition to that, however, I can and I will continue to call a special session after special session after special session all the way up until election next year. And so if these people want to be hanging out wherever they’re hanging out on this taxpayer-paid junket, they’re going to have to be prepared to do it for well over a year. As soon as they come back in the state of Texas, they will be arrested, they will be cabined inside the Texas Capitol until they get their job done. "

Even your article, quoting the Governor listed no statute that would allow for arrest and no penalties. I would be interested in seeing it, if it exists. I have never heard of a law anywhere in the country that says people walking of the job, can be arrested or imprisoned. Has Texas fallen to a communist takeover by it's own Governor?
You need to re-read the entire thread. We've covered this.

Texas Constitution: Art 3, Section 10

QUORUM; ADJOURNMENTS FROM DAY TO DAY; COMPELLING ATTENDANCE. Two-thirds of each House shall constitute a quorum to do business, but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and compel the attendance of absent members, in such manner and under such penalties as each House may provide.
Arrest not mentioned in what you posted. It does say "under penalties as each house may provide", but certainly does not mention turning it over to the whim of the Governor. What else does the Governor get to arrest you for in Texas? If you walk off your job at McDonalds, can the Governor of Texas order you arrested, confined or fined? Has he been successful at this sort of thing in the past or is this a new gubernatorial power he is trying to assert on his own, to see if they don't mind? What if the legislator do not wish to be arrested and resist? Can he have the Texas Highway patrol shoot them or beat them into submission? Not being personally familiar Texas state code, it sounds like a fascist power grab.

The dims tried this same tactic in the past.....guess what happened.
This is nothing but show boating.
True.

News reports showed happy Democrat members of the Texas legislature laughing and joking, on a private charted jet, designed to take them out of the state, to thwart a vote on election integrity, by stopping a quorum. When they come back they're going to be arrested, and will be doing jail time. Maybe the news media will show us the before and after pictures. Should be an interesting contrast.

Amazing how these legislators turned criminals, can so lightly and flippantly think they can use election fraud to get themselves re-elected, as if the fraud-riddled 2020 election outrages, should now be thought of as normal. Nothing could be farther from the truth. This important vote on election integrity is going to happen, and the laws that need to be passed are going to be.

One of the Democrat legislators flying out of the state, state Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer said “We’ve left our jobs, we’ve left our families, we’ve left our homes. Because there is nothing more important than voting rights in America.” What he really means is >> there is nothing more important TO DEMOCRATS, than ILLEGAL voting rights FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS, In America.”

"There is something the governor can do. First of all, I’ll tell you what the House of Representatives can do. What the speaker can do is issue a call to have these members arrested. In addition to that, however, I can and I will continue to call a special session after special session after special session all the way up until election next year. And so if these people want to be hanging out wherever they’re hanging out on this taxpayer-paid junket, they’re going to have to be prepared to do it for well over a year. As soon as they come back in the state of Texas, they will be arrested, they will be cabined inside the Texas Capitol until they get their job done. "

Even your article, quoting the Governor listed no statute that would allow for arrest and no penalties. I would be interested in seeing it, if it exists. I have never heard of a law anywhere in the country that says people walking of the job, can be arrested or imprisoned. Has Texas fallen to a communist takeover by it's own Governor?
Every state in the Union has code of conduct laws for their elected legislators....it's on a contract of sorts that they all sign before being seated. So...
Not only are you not right......you're not even wrong.....Wrong would be a step up from where you are.
Somehow, I doubt the Representatives are getting ready to be handcuffed, thrown in the back of a squad car and perp-walked, as is the case with standard arrests. It sounds hard core for the Governor and his supporters but, but I doubt it works that way. We shall see. I personally do not care, as I am not from Texas. Ought to be fun to watch, no matter how it turns out.
Oh no pal. I live here. I know how this process works.

It is literally handcuffed and hauled to the capitol building.

It is no different than a witness who has been subpoenaed to trial but refuses to appear. The judge will issue a bench warrant and the cops or sheriffs deputies will go down there arrest that motherfucker and haul them in there. In cuffs.
Kinda thought so....anyway it will be a big news item.... Lawmakers being cuffed by a Tyrannical GOP Governor who hates the votes of black people will be the HEADLINES.....mark my words. When they come back they will send word well ahead so the press can be on hand for it.,

lol

JO

Every state in the Union has code of conduct laws for their elected legislators....it's on a contract of sorts that they all sign before being seated. So...
Not only are you not right......you're not even wrong.....Wrong would be a step up from where you are.
Somehow, I doubt the Representatives are getting ready to be handcuffed, thrown in the back of a squad car and perp-walked, as is the case with standard arrests. It sounds hard core for the Governor and his supporters but, but I doubt it works that way. We shall see. I personally do not care, as I am not from Texas. Ought to be fun to watch, no matter how it turns out.

It is no different than a witness who has been subpoenaed to trial but refuses to appear. The judge will issue a bench warrant and the cops or sheriffs deputies will go down there arrest that motherfucker and haul them in there. In cuffs.
Kinda thought so....anyway it will be a big news item.... Lawmakers being cuffed by a Tyrannical GOP Governor who hates the votes of black people will be the HEADLINES.....mark my words. When they come back they will send word well ahead so the press can be on hand for it.,

lol

JO
Why do you think they were running? They're gonna lose their seats because they won't be able to cheat anymore. This is a last-ditch effort.

No, I am not against filibustering, that is a procedural tactic that the minority party (both sides) uses for a political advantage and it's part of doing your job as a senator. And so the Senate moves on to other matters if they can't arrive at a compromise on a particular issue. They don't leave town and thereby prevent any future business from being done, and THAT is the difference. As noted in my post above , at one time or place both parties have left town rather than do the job they were elected to do, and I have a big problem with that. That is not how democracies are supposed to work. In fact, like the Oregon Repubs the Texas Dems are subverting the will of the people and are anti-democracy.

I'm sure you see leaving town as just another procedural tactic, but I see it as dereliction of duty. Rather than staying in town and doing your job, you bailed out and IMHO that is wrong. In the military they put you in prison for that, maybe it's time we did the same thing to politicians.
I would simply say that if they are not back in 10 days, they will be considered to have resigned their seats.

candycorn
Their masks are slipping. Fascists.

The governor calls a special session to address voter fraud that didn't take place...according to the governor.

Yet there was no special session to address an electrical grid that is falling apart both in the cold and in the heat.

One would think this clear inability to prioritize would make a difference to Texans. One would be wrong.
And now's the time to bring that up to highlight the fact that the usual suspects couldn't be bothered to show up. Great optics.

They can be compelled to return to make the quorum, and since the legislature isn't the executive, the legislature's leadership can and has to ask the governor to use whatever methods he has availible to compel them to return.
So you are saying he does not get to do it on his own, as he threatened and cannot actually arrest, but only bring to the legislature. That is understandable. It was probably just misspeak on his part. He gets excited and has been under a lot of pressure, ever since he presided over the power fiasco, back in the winter. Maybe he is trying to come out, projecting as a strong man.

When you take a person into custody to compel them to return, you are making an arrest. It's the only legal pathway to holding a person, either for arraignment, or dragging their dumb ass back to the legislature.
Very well aware. They probably do not call it arrest in the legislation, because it sounds like a fascist move. The Governor like it to sound like his personal power and does not mind, probably even likes the way it sounds. Both the walkout and the Governors plan to arrest are just political grandstanding, and a source of great entertainment to me, as political theater.

lol

JO
“Tyrannical Governors” like treasonous Governors allow millions of illegal wetbacks to fuck over their own people...Ask Gavin Newsom.

They can be compelled to return to make the quorum, and since the legislature isn't the executive, the legislature's leadership can and has to ask the governor to use whatever methods he has availible to compel them to return.
So you are saying he does not get to do it on his own, as he threatened and cannot actually arrest, but only bring to the legislature. That is understandable. It was probably just misspeak on his part. He gets excited and has been under a lot of pressure, ever since he presided over the power fiasco, back in the winter. Maybe he is trying to come out, projecting as a strong man.

When you take a person into custody to compel them to return, you are making an arrest. It's the only legal pathway to holding a person, either for arraignment, or dragging their dumb ass back to the legislature.
Very well aware. They probably do not call it arrest in the legislation, because it sounds like a fascist move. The Governor like it to sound like his personal power and does not mind, probably even likes the way it sounds. Both the walkout and the Governors plan to arrest are just political grandstanding, and a source of great entertainment to me, as political theater.
In Texas, the legal term is "capius.".

It is quite literally an arrest. It is quite literally slap the cuffs on and stick them in the back of the cruiser.

Fascist..
The Governor of Texas is talking about arresting legislators coming back into the state of Texas and you call me a Fascist? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

They ran for the legislature knowing what the law was. They aren't arresting people on the street.

This word you are fascist, it doesn't mean what you think it does. And yes, you are one white guy
You mean Webster has it wrong?
Fascist : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Yes. I am certainly one white guy, but not sure what that has to do with Texas. I have seen white guys in Texas (at least in airports) and am pretty sure there are some left down there.

Leftist academics constantly make up definition and redefine words to suit leftist political ideology and propaganda.

They aren't arresting Texans who are just citizens of the State, they are arresting LEGISLATORS who ran for office and are not following their oath of office.

And they aren't putting them in prison, they are taking them to do the job they agreed to do.

Calling that fascism is stupid as shit, white guy

Fascist..
The Governor of Texas is talking about arresting legislators coming back into the state of Texas and you call me a Fascist? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

They ran for the legislature knowing what the law was. They aren't arresting people on the street.

This word you are fascist, it doesn't mean what you think it does. And yes, you are one white guy
You mean Webster has it wrong?
Fascist : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Yes. I am certainly one white guy, but not sure what that has to do with Texas. I have seen white guys in Texas (at least in airports) and am pretty sure there are some left down there.
Sounds like China.

Inside cabin view.

dem scum.jpg

Forum List

Back