Texas Executed An Innocent Father

The prosecutors should be charged with murder then. Anything else would be treasonously un-American:

"That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved; never, that I know of, controverted."
-- Benjamin Franklin; from letter to Benjamin Vaughn (March 14th, 1785)
That is a dumb quotation which fails to consider the 2nd side of the balance scale. Those 100 guilty persons, if not executed, could then kill tens or thousands of innocent people. Maybe more than that. The 9-11 highjackers killed 3,000.

I guess you don't love America as much as Ben Franklin did. Time for you to move to Russia, where the government is suited more to your liking :p
No you don't guess that at all. What you really do here, is just pretend that you think I'm unpatriotic (when actually I am VERY patriotic) to try to gain the higher ground in this discussion. All you've done is jump in a hole. I will repeat everything I said in the post you responded to, and I stand behind it 100% >>

"That is a dumb quotation which fails to consider the 2nd side of the balance scale. Those 100 guilty persons, if not executed, could then kill tens of thousands of innocent people. Maybe more than that. The 9-11 highjackers killed 3,000."

So you'd rather innocent people be executed by the State with its unlimited power, than by a freelancer whose power and interest is severely limited. Isn't that instructive.

So you'd rather innocent people be executed by the State with its unlimited power, than by a freelancer whose power and interest is severely limited. Isn't that instructive.
If the state has unlimited power then your dreams, and that of every other lefty, have come true.

I would not give the state unlimited power, but the power to punish those who commit crimes I agree to.

Willingham was a scumbag and guilty as hell. That he has become the poster boy of of the anti-death penalty crowd shows how puny their cause is.
And the rock solid hard concrete undeniable undisputable evidence of guilt is? Or, are you just assuming guilt in this case? Have you examined all evidence and testimony? Do you have personal knowledge concerning the events that lead to his conviction? What exactly are you basing your opinion on?
Knock yourself out:

Cameron Todd Willingham 899

When he wasn't giving paint to 12 year-old kids to sniff, he found time to incinerate his 3 little girls. He was human sewage that needed to be flushed.
I see. And what about the crime that he was convicted of? Do you have evidence of guilt? So, are you convicting him on his past record?
No, I am not convicting him. He was convicted by a jury of his peers and that conviction was upheld by various appeals court and all the way up to the US Supreme Court.
But what if the evidence wasn't complete?

There is no such thing as "complete evidence" , the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt" neither one arson report, nor one jail house snitch is going to get you there. There has to be a LOT of evidence before a jury rules guilty. And that evidence has to have been legally obtained ad dutifully shared in order to pass the myriad of appellate reviews that a death penalty case will go through.

This guy was guilty, he did what he said he did, and his jury agreed.

That it happened in Texas changes that not at all.

Republican Jesus prolly accounts for a few mistakes eh pro-death penalty types?

^ does this guy ever post anything worth reading?

Assuming that it's Dot Com, no. I say "assume" because I have him on ignore, so I actually don't know if it's him. It could also be Pogo. If we all ignored them, they would go away.

This is a good example of why I have Pogo on ignore, I lament displaying ignored content. Pogo and most liberals insert wild statements mid-sentence amidst an argument in order to supporter their original argument.

He is at the mercy of a Jury of his Peers, not the State (unless he chooses plea bargain, which is he didn't).The State does not have unlimited power either, unless all the desires of progressives come true, including the abolition of jury trials.

In mathematics, when I submit a paper, and use a new and unproved lemma/theorem mid-way through the paper to support another theorem, they send that paper back to me with a stamp that says REJECTED.

So this is how we need to treat Progressives --- REJECTED. So put them on ignore.

If the state has unlimited power then your dreams, and that of every other lefty, have come true.

I would not give the state unlimited power, but the power to punish those who commit crimes I agree to.

Ummmm.... if you're giving the State the right to take a life... that's unlimited power. Think about it.

Assuming that it's Dot Com, no. I say "assume" because I have him on ignore, so I actually don't know if it's him. It could also be Pogo. If we all ignored them, they would go away.

Translation: "my moronity can't be challenged if I just go :lalala: "

Courageous.

Ummmm.... if you're giving the State the right to take a life... that's unlimited power. Think about it.

The state doesn't take a life fool. The jury does. The state is merely the executioner.

Translation: "my moronity can't be challenged if I just go :lalala: "

Courageous.
I have one or two fire stick clingers on ignore and it burns them up lol. I can't stand single-issue posters whether they be fire sticks or abortion or anything else.

The state doesn't take a life fool. The jury does. The state is merely the executioner.

And what does an executioner do, little Johnny? :eusa_think:

When you figure that out, ponder this: if we don't give the State the right to take a life, guess what a jury can't do.

Any surprise in that backward inbred white trash run state

It’s official, the State of Texas executed an innocent man – an innocent father – after prosecutors deliberately concealed evidence in his children’s arson deaths. Now the state bar of Texas has filed a formal misconduct accusation against the prosecutor in this case.

The bar had already filed a petition in Navarro County, near Dallas, earlier this month that alleged that prosecutor John Jackson deliberately withheld evidence which indicated that Cameron Todd Willingham was innocent. Because of this, Willingham was executed in 2004 for supposedly murdering his three young daughters. His daughters died in a house fire back in 1991, but the evidence Jackson suppressed showed that Willingham had nothing to do with the fire that took his daughters from him.

Texas Executed An Innocent Father After Prosecutor Hid Evidence In Kids Arson Deaths

I didn't bother to follow your link but did read through most of your op and the problem here according to that has everything to do with lawyers posing as public officials fucking over the public in the very worst ways imaginable. So the fix here lies with the lawyers.

When you figure that out, ponder this: if we don't give the State the right to take a life, guess what a jury can't do.

You're an idiot Pogo. Having the authority to carry out a jury's decision is NOT "ultimate power"

You're an idiot Pogo. Having the authority to carry out a jury's decision is NOT "ultimate power"

:dig:

It’s official, the State of Texas executed an innocent man – an innocent father – after prosecutors deliberately concealed evidence in his children’s arson deaths. Now the state bar of Texas has filed a formal misconduct accusation against the prosecutor in this case.

The bar had already filed a petition in Navarro County, near Dallas, earlier this month that alleged that prosecutor John Jackson deliberately withheld evidence which indicated that Cameron Todd Willingham was innocent. Because of this, Willingham was executed in 2004 for supposedly murdering his three young daughters. His daughters died in a house fire back in 1991, but the evidence Jackson suppressed showed that Willingham had nothing to do with the fire that took his daughters from him.

Texas Executed An Innocent Father After Prosecutor Hid Evidence In Kids Arson Deaths

Wow, it's "official" that an innocent man was executed! The first line alone was enough to dismiss such an absurd article. Funny how they didn't actually provide any details on all this supposed evidence that proved he was innocent. Oh, but the man claimed he was innocent right up until he died. And we all know that someone psychotic enough to murder their own children wouldn't lie to himself and everyone else about it! Most of the Nazis executed after WWII swore they didn't do anything wrong too!

The prosecutors should be charged with murder then. Anything else would be treasonously un-American:

"That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved; never, that I know of, controverted."
-- Benjamin Franklin; from letter to Benjamin Vaughn (March 14th, 1785)
That is a dumb quotation which fails to consider the 2nd side of the balance scale. Those 100 guilty persons, if not executed, could then kill tens or thousands of innocent people. Maybe more than that. The 9-11 highjackers killed 3,000.

I guess you don't love America as much as Ben Franklin did. Time for you to move to Russia, where the government is suited more to your liking :p
No you don't guess that at all. What you really do here, is just pretend that you think I'm unpatriotic (when actually I am VERY patriotic) to try to gain the higher ground in this discussion. All you've done is jump in a hole. I will repeat everything I said in the post you responded to, and I stand behind it 100% >>

"That is a dumb quotation which fails to consider the 2nd side of the balance scale. Those 100 guilty persons, if not executed, could then kill tens of thousands of innocent people. Maybe more than that. The 9-11 highjackers killed 3,000."

9/11 happened because of the cost benefit analysis found that reinforcing cockpit doors was not cost effective. Sending an innocent person to prison never stopped any crime. In fact, it is the worst of crimes--the absolute corruption of a system from its stated purpose--JUSTICE.

If you don't care about injustice, then you are not a real American. Period.

truly truly sad.

and look at the leftist dancing with glee.

you people are evil to the core

Forum List

Back