Texas leads the nation once again.

So, dependent children will get no food, since their parents smoked a joint, and lost their food stamps. Makes sense, I guess. I was smart enough not to be born in Texas, and they should be, too.

In all too many cases the dope takers cash in the food stamps to buy dope with and let the kids go hungry. How could you possibly take credit for where you were born? That is one of the dumbest things I have heard in a long time. I guess that makes sense to you as well. LOL

That was put a stop to a very long time ago.

They don't receive stamps or any paper currency.

They do receive a card that is used just like a debit card at a grocery store. It can only be used at approved stores and only for approved items.

If a person tries to use it in a store that's not approved the card won't work.

Learn facts about things before you post.

They sell the benefits, usually for fifty cents on the dollar.

Leftists sure get all in a snit when you mention drug testing....interesting :rolleyes:

No we get upset about people who violate the constitution.

For the government to legally search someone without their consent they must have probable cause. That means they have to have evidence that the person was committing a crime.

It's not a crime to receive help from the government.

You and people like you don't give a damn about our constitution or our bill of rights.

Leftists sure get all in a snit when you mention drug testing....interesting :rolleyes:

For the government to legally search someone without their consent they must have probable cause. That means they have to have evidence that the person was committing a crime.

You and people like you don't give a damn about our constitution or our bill of rights.

You realize I think you're an idiot, right? You post on topics you are clueless about

Wrong.

Drug tests as a condition of eligibility for public assistance is un-Constitutional:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/u...-testing-for-welfare-is-struck-down.html?_r=0

Drug testing as a condition of eligibility for public assistance is un-Constitutional upheld on appeal:

Appeals Court: Welfare Drug Tests Unconstitutional

Consequently, Texas isn't 'leading' anything; what we witnessed was the usual authoritarianism and contempt for the Constitution and citizens' rights common to most republicans and conservatives, who were once again seeking to increase the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.
welfare isnt a right. its not anywhere to be found in the constitution. Therefore, no matter what is done to it as far as requirements or even if it is offered or not, is not something that is subject to constitutional review.

You are a clueless IDIOT who can't read. Welfare is most certainly in the US Constitution multiple times.
where

Where did you go to school?

I started learning about the constitution in grade school.

Read the preamble to the constitution. If you don't know what the preamble is look it up.

I swear I can't believe how down right uneducated some people are about our constitution and nation.

I have to agree with you, there are so many mindless idiots out there that think the constitution says something it does not say..
I find it hard to believe some of them are allowed to vote.
Now again, since you failed to do so, where does it say welfare is a constitutional right.

So, dependent children will get no food, since their parents smoked a joint, and lost their food stamps. Makes sense, I guess. I was smart enough not to be born in Texas, and they should be, too.

In all too many cases the dope takers cash in the food stamps to buy dope with and let the kids go hungry. How could you possibly take credit for where you were born? That is one of the dumbest things I have heard in a long time. I guess that makes sense to you as well. LOL

They do receive a card that is used just like a debit card at a grocery store. It can only be used at approved stores and only for approved items.

which means the kids arent eating anyway, so the claim that taking away the benefit is going to make them go hungry is false, the "parents" are all ready making them go hungry

Tell me how they do that since there is no paper currency?

How do they sell the benefits if the card they're issued will only work at approved grocery stores and only for approved items.

If someone tries to use that card at a store that's not been approved, the card won't work.

How do they sell the benefits if the card they're issued will only work at approved grocery stores and only for approved items.

If someone tries to use that card at a store that's not been approved, the card won't work.
maybe the instructions to do that are in the constitution right next to where it makes welfare a right

The card holder takes the cash and lets the person buying the bennies use the card. Most of them sell to the same person each month

You realize I think you're an idiot, right? You post on topics you are clueless about

Oh really?

You can't argue with the truth I posted so you go for the conservative's tried and true tactic of personal insults.

Why not just not post anything instead of nothing but personal insults that intelligent people will scroll right past.

If you didn't know about the 4th Amendment and didn't know what probable cause is then I would say it's you who is the idiot.

Anyone who wants to just violate our sacred constitution is no real American.

Oh really?

You can't argue with the truth I posted so you go for the conservative's tried and true tactic of personal insults.

Why not just not post anything instead of nothing but personal insults that intelligent people will scroll right past.

If you didn't know about the 4th Amendment and didn't know what probable cause is then I would say it's you who is the idiot.

I just instructed you on welfare fraud and how they do it. Thank me later

Wrong.

Drug tests as a condition of eligibility for public assistance is un-Constitutional:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/u...-testing-for-welfare-is-struck-down.html?_r=0

Drug testing as a condition of eligibility for public assistance is un-Constitutional upheld on appeal:

Appeals Court: Welfare Drug Tests Unconstitutional

Consequently, Texas isn't 'leading' anything; what we witnessed was the usual authoritarianism and contempt for the Constitution and citizens' rights common to most republicans and conservatives, who were once again seeking to increase the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.
welfare isnt a right. its not anywhere to be found in the constitution. Therefore, no matter what is done to it as far as requirements or even if it is offered or not, is not something that is subject to constitutional review.

You are a clueless IDIOT who can't read. Welfare is most certainly in the US Constitution multiple times.
where

Read the preamble to the constitution. If you don't know what the preamble is look it up.

I swear I can't believe how down right uneducated some people are about our constitution and nation.

I have to agree with you, there are so many mindless idiots out there that think the constitution says something it does not say..
Now again, since you failed to do so, where does it say welfare is a constitutional right.

I already told you.

Read the preamble to the constitution. It's a part of the constitution.

Wow you really are lazy aren't you?

Or is it that you don't want truth because that would destroy your false beliefs?

Oh really?

Violate the constitution, you mean like ignore immigration laws? restrict the 2nd amendment? give control of schools and healthcare to the federal government? you mean like those violations?
and once more, where is welfare written as a right.

where

I already told you.

Read the preamble to the constitution. It's a part of the constitution.

Wow you really are lazy aren't you?

Or is it that you don't want truth because that would destroy your false beliefs?
the right of one to take money from another is not a constitutional right. So again, since I must be slow,
where does it specifically say that welfare is a right.

maybe the instructions to do that are in the constitution right next to where it makes welfare a right

Thank you for admitting that you have no clue about our constitution or how the food assistance program works.

Heaven forbid you won't be able to whine and cry about something that's no longer happening.

Keep lying. You're only fooling yourself.

Thank you for admitting that you have no clue about our constitution or how the food assistance program works.

Heaven forbid you won't be able to whine and cry about something that's no longer happening.

Ok, its obvious that you are a total idiot, perhaps you are sucking up the welfare yourself and just dont want to see a free way of lazy life questioned.
Bottom line is that you have no clue what the constitution says or does not say.

The next thing you are going to tell me is they don't know how to game the system. Is that right?

which means the kids arent eating anyway, so the claim that taking away the benefit is going to make them go hungry is false, the "parents" are all ready making them go hungry

True, but the dope dealers make out really well. I will bet that makes you happy.

Everything Dana said is true. I was given "food stamps" after Katrina, because it was impossible to get money out of the banks, with them all being closed. It a plastic card that I could use only at the only grocery store that was open, Costco. It would not work for alcohol, tobacco, and most non-food items. people doing drugs are not interested in trading Cheerios for drugs. there is not much of an exchange market there.

Drug testing for the welfare crowd is long overdue
Hopefully other states will follow. This could save the country a good deal of money that could be used on something that is of value to all, or better yet, before spending any money on anything, pay down the debt.
Excellent Job Texas
Texas Senate approves drug testing for welfare

even if it is an older article, it gives me hope.

how about first we have drug testing for legislators. :thup:

this is about the continued rightwingnut effort to humiliate and degrade poor people

Ok, its obvious that you are a total idiot, perhaps you are sucking up the welfare yourself and just dont want to see a free way of lazy life questioned.
Bottom line is that you have no clue what the constitution says or does not say.

CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Article. I.

Section. 8. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States;

Forum List

Back