Texas secession petition on White House website fast approaching 25,000-signatures!

White v Texas

Nutbar

Is that the same Supreme Court that said Obamacare and killing babies is Constitutional? I'll go with the founding fathers proclamations thank you.

Translation:

“I don’t like what the Constitution and its case law say on the issue so I’ll just ignore both.”

I will give you one hundred trillion dollars a day for the next one trillion days if you can show me where the Constitution prohibits secession.

The losers are down to this.

Actually the movement to secede has been around since 1995......and growing larger by the day.

Ooh, 25,000 signatures... Texas has a population of over 25,000,000 people. So 1/1000 of the population want to go it alone? We're supposed to get excited about this?

Don't forget, the petition isn't even limited to signers from that particular state. So bump that 25,000,000 up to 330,000,000.

I'm sure we have all heard rumors about the movement within Texas to secede from the union and many scoff at the notion. However, with elections like the ones we just had, people tend to become more determined and purposeful.

Just for fun, what would happen if Texas seceded? What would be the reaction of the federal monster in DC and what would become of the people of Texas? Many may not know this, but Texas governed itself for 9 years before becoming annexed by the US government.

I believe there are 14 state actively petitioning for secession. All will fail and if they keep pushing then they should be brought in place at the end of a barrel of a gun!

And Texas is my favorite state!

Is that the same Supreme Court that said Obamacare and killing babies is Constitutional? I'll go with the founding fathers proclamations thank you.

Translation:

“I don’t like what the Constitution and its case law say on the issue so I’ll just ignore both.”

I will give you one hundred trillion dollars a day for the next one trillion days if you can show me where the Constitution prohibits secession.

The union formed by the Articles of Confederation was "in perpetuity"

The Constitution made that union "more perfect"

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

See?

pay up

It does when its owned by a sovereign authority.

Then you use it differently than its common usage which would imply people actually living there and doing something with it other than target practice for artillery.

Target practice for what artillery?

Dude, did you read the part where I mentioned FORT FUCKING HOOD? Its only the largest military base in the free fucking world. Fuck.

Why would Texas initiate conflict with the U.S. if it were allowed to peacefully secede? That would make no sense.

We are talking about Texans and they can be anything if not overly exhuberant from time to time.

Especially considering they would soon be obliterated by superior numbers.

Yeah, like the Taliban?

Do you realize that all members of the U.S. military have taken an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution - even the ones that live in Texas?

Kinda like Robert E. Lee did?

Only those Texan members of the military willing to go back on their sworn word would take up arms against the U.S.

True, but would you leverage on that and risk catastrophe?

By the time this were to happen, and hopefully will not ever happen, who knows what our military capabilities will be anyway? Could be even bigger, but I doubt it. The US military is about to get a budgetary gutting, and Afghanistan demoralization and there will be months that our military doesnt get their paychecks much like the DoD forgot to send them fucking ballots.

What the fuck do you think things will be like then?

It does when its owned by a sovereign authority.

Then you use it differently than its common usage which would imply people actually living there and doing something with it other than target practice for artillery.

Target practice for what artillery? Why would Texas initiate conflict with the U.S. if it were allowed to peacefully secede? That would make no sense. Especially considering they would soon be obliterated by superior numbers.

I believe the point he was making is that most of Fort Hood is simply barren scrub land, used mostly for live-fire training...in other words, "target practice".

Translation:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,[note 1] promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

See?

pay up

Reread what I posted. Comprehend it. Then and only then respond to what I ACTUALLY POSTED, not what the voices in your head think I posted. Thank you.

Translation:

See?

pay up

Yeah, conjoining an implication with a discontinued document may work in court but it wont persuade anyone with any fucking sense at all.

I'm sure we have all heard rumors about the movement within Texas to secede from the union and many scoff at the notion. However, with elections like the ones we just had, people tend to become more determined and purposeful.

Just for fun, what would happen if Texas seceded? What would be the reaction of the federal monster in DC and what would become of the people of Texas? Many may not know this, but Texas governed itself for 9 years before becoming annexed by the US government.

I believe there are 14 state actively petitioning for secession. All will fail and if they keep pushing then they should be brought in place at the end of a barrel of a gun!

And Texas is my favorite state!

Wow, Herman Georing could have written that statement.

Technically, it's high treason. The side that's guilty of committing it all depends on which side wins.

No it doesn't. Treason is defined in the Constitution.

And all it takes is a declaration stating that secession will be considered an act of war. If they carry through... there you have it.

Sorry, not used to having to connect all the dots for people.

There you have it, Syria! Instead of Assad bombing his own people, it would be obama bombing Americans. Not that this would necessarily be a bad thing to be beamed around the world. It would make a STUPENDOUS historical legacy for the obamabots. How bad would that be, really?

Civil war in America, with every other country that has an interest here rushing to protect that interest. No little pissant country like Syria or Lebanon or Libya but was once the most powerful nation in the world. It is almost worth it to see the BBC and Al Jazeera carrying photos of the lofty obama ordering air strikes on Houston and New Orleans.

Dude, did you read the part where I mentioned FORT FUCKING HOOD? Its only the largest military base in the free fucking world. Fuck.

OK. And? Stop being excited. Explain what you're talking about.

Do you realize that all members of the U.S. military have taken an oath to defend the U.S. Constitution - even the ones that live in Texas?

Kinda like Robert E. Lee did?

Yeah. Kinda like Lee. How did it work out for his side?

Only those Texan members of the military willing to go back on their sworn word would take up arms against the U.S.

True, but would you leverage on that and risk catastrophe?

What catastrophe? Its the U.S. that not only has the BOMB but the launch codes to use it.

By the time this were to happen, and hopefully will not ever happen, who knows what our military capabilities will be anyway? Could be even bigger, but I doubt it. The US military is about to get a budgetary gutting, and Afghanistan demoralization and there will be months that our military doesnt get their paychecks much like the DoD forgot to send them fucking ballots.

What the fuck do you think things will be like then?

“DoD’s failure to fix this longstanding problem means that the blank ballots of thousands of overseas service members, as well as some who have recently returned from overseas, could be currently trapped in an archaic and inefficient mail forwarding system.
Thousands of Ballots Unlikely to Reach Military Voters - Longview News-Journal: Bowie County Citizens Tribune: News

Could?

Well how many of them ACTUALLY didn't make it?

It would make a STUPENDOUS historical legacy for the obamabots. How bad would that be, really?

Shit you're right, he'd never get reelected if he did anything so stupid!

... owait... :eusa_eh:

He might be hauled out of the white house in shackles and leg irons. As far as liberals are concerned wouldn't they support obama's action in putting down a rebellion with force? obama would secure his place in history. The obama legacy, civil war. It's appropriate.

It would make a STUPENDOUS historical legacy for the obamabots. How bad would that be, really?

Shit you're right, he'd never get reelected if he did anything so stupid!

... owait... :eusa_eh:

He might be hauled out of the white house in shackles and leg irons.

So... a bunch of states taking their marbles and going home somehow results in Obama being led away in shackles.

That just takes all kinds of leaps of faith. Are you one of the Republicans that were convinced Romney would win in a landslide?

Y'all do remember how the Authoritarian state acted last time supposedly "free" people wanted to leave the Union right?

Y'all do remember how the Authoritarian state acted last time supposedly "free" people wanted to leave the Union right?

Here is Carlin on freedom

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bICwyV5ppLU&feature=related]George Carlin on freedoms and society - YouTube[/ame]

Why must everything be centralized?

Last edited:
How governable will the country be with 14 states so far wanting out? If obama lets these states peacefully secede, he would deserve the Nobel Peace Prize he got. If he decides to send in force to stop them, depending on how much force he used, yes, an optimistic view is shackles and leg irons. It beats what Gaddaffi got.

What will probably happen is that no one will really secede, those states will just devote themselves to stopping obama's policies and obstructing every thing he wants to do.

Forum List

Back