Texas still talking about seceding.. Ted Cruz and others comment

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021

This is an interesting topic... For one, I never thought I would say this but I tend to disagree w/ the late Justice Antonin Scalia whom I normally agreed with on virtually everything.. He says the Civil War decided that there is no right to secede. I beg to differ. All the states were separate until the Constitution was ratified. If the states can vote to be part of the Union, I fail to see why they cannot vote to disengage therefrom. There may be no right to secede in the Constitution (I don't know... not a Constitutional lawyers) but from best info, there is no right NOT to either...

One problem I see w/ TX seceding is that

the state would have no representative in the US Congress, presumably

oh, that's right... it already doesn't...

This is an interesting topic... For one, I never thought I would say this but I tend to disagree w/ the late Justice Antonin Scalia whom I normally agreed with on virtually everything.. He says the Civil War decided that there is no right to secede. I beg to differ. All the states were separate until the Constitution was ratified. If the states can vote to be part of the Union, I fail to see why they cannot vote to disengage therefrom. There may be no right to secede in the Constitution (I don't know... not a Constitutional lawyers) but from best info, there is no right NOT to either...
By the way, war tends to decide things better than some bullshit precedent.

U.S.: Texas, you must remain in the Union.
Texas: Fuck you, make me.
U.S.: Never mind.

TEXIT

That's all they are doing is talking, Texas isn't going anywhere.

200.gif

I'm a Virginian and I've no wish to participate in anything Tejas has a hand in because you can bet it will only benefit the TX gop graft machine that's selling you people down the river more every year.
They are in control but have a lot less power than they did 10 years ago. That's why Ted Cruz has been vocal lately and why Abbott signed that recent open-carry gun bill. They can't be establishment cucks anymore.

Scalia had to have gotten it wrong. If a state decides to secede, that state has effectively divorced itself from their country's constitution.

There's obviously little chance of it happening, even though it could be the quick answer to nearly all of America's problems that threaten to destroy the country.

They are in control but have a lot less power than they did 10 years ago. That's why Ted Cruz has been vocal lately and why Abbott signed that recent open-carry gun bill. They can't be establishment cucks anymore.
Those two have taken to deliberately stoking political hating for no other reason than the pleasure they get out of doing it!

Forum List

Back