Texas Trooper Who Arrested Sandra Bland Is Indicted on Perjury Charge

Taking someone out of their car for safety doesnt make sense unless we are supposed to believe the thoughts a cop gives automatically and cast aside reasoning and suspend disbelief. I think he'd have to explain why the stop wasnt safe to begin with but thats on video....cant lie about that champ
So he should be punished for not making sense?

Perjury is a crime isnt it?

Have cops never been run over in the side lanes?

Yes, but thats not his defense

You're trying to provide defenses he isnt presenting which means you're fishing for reasons why lying is ok.

His defense is Maryland vs. Wilson. Clearly states a cop can remove a person "for safety"...even without a clear articulable threat because a person can't see or know what is concealed in a car. He removed her "for safety". By LAW....he doesn't need to justify a specific threat....because SCOTUS already says he doesn't have to.

This case is DOA.

Taking someone out of their car for safety doesnt make sense unless we are supposed to believe the thoughts a cop gives automatically and cast aside reasoning and suspend disbelief. I think he'd have to explain why the stop wasnt safe to begin with but thats on video....cant lie about that champ

You're trying to provide defenses he isnt presenting which means you're fishing for reasons why lying is ok.
You cant prove it, genius. Which is my whole argument. No one but him knows what he is thinking. It is beyond insane to punish hypotheticals

This is an issue of fact not law.

In other words, the grand jury is not buying your type of defense.

The grand jury believes he lied.

The DA is not stressed at all.

There's an old saying in legal circles that you could get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich, Jake! Getting an indictment from a grand jury really doesn't mean much since only the prosecution presents evidence and the defense isn't allowed to argue at all. It will be the DA's choice whether to go forward with this prosecution...trust me...the DA is VERY stressed having to make the call on this.

Well guess what....Supreme Court ruling Maryland vs Wilson grants cops that authority. All the other jibberish you've types is irrelevant because the LAW allows him to do what he did..

He has the authority just not the circumstances to back up his thinking. He already said it was to make it safer, not that he has the authority.

He should've led with that...but instead he lied and wont be able to back it up.

Big deal, I know

What PROOF is there that isn't his reason?

Him never saying it is a good indication wouldnt you agree?

Just because you don't believe it?

The Justice System doesnt believe him. Why are you mad, dont they know the facts? Or are you going the conspiracy angle?

Some criminals will act belligerent to get cops to back off and not discover what they're hiding. That's why Maryland vs Wilson granted this blanket authority to cops for safety to remove someone....because the cop CANNOT know what he doesn't know....whether the person is hiding something.

We're not talking about some criminals, we're talking about this case specifically.

You can't prove what he was thinking. He doesn't have to prove it. The simple unknown in itself is enough to justify the safety concern.....and the SUPREME COURT agreed....because they made it legal to remove someone "for safety" even without any clear facts of what it is that is unsafe...because the cop cannot know what he doesn't know.

He cant prove he removed her for safety reasons. Saying it doesnt make it logical, and he cant explain WHY the stop was unsafe to begin with. Ususally when you make a statement you have to have logic. I see that logic doesnt matter only for cops defenders

You cant prove it, genius. Which is my whole argument. No one but him knows what he is thinking. It is beyond insane to punish hypotheticals

He lied and the tape contridicts him. Thats his fault and no one elses

His defense is Maryland vs. Wilson. Clearly states a cop can remove a person "for safety"

No one is denying he has the authority to do it and he didnt even provide that as a defense. Soooo...

When the LEO asked her to put out the cigarette she refused to comply.
All LEO are trained to 'secure the scene' for their own safety. Ever had someone flick a lit cigarette in your face?
The LEO now has the police union lawyers defending him.
This case will turn out like 99% of other cases: LEO is found not guilty. LEO settles with the city. LEO wins the fucking lottery in essence.

what contradicts what?

He should've said "I removed her because I have the authority to do so" but that would've opened up a whole other can of worms

Do you do everything you have the authority to do? Or do you use your own judgement?

what contradicts what?

His story contradicts the tape. Its really simple.

The preliminary hearing will exonerate the LEO.
No one can 'prove' what is in the mind of someone else.
The negro bitch refused to comply with a lawful order. Many times people who are stopped take on a belligerent attitude in order to deflect whatever criminal acts they are commiting.
LEO are trained to assume belligerent behaviour may be an attempt to hide something. The bad guy is hoping if they make enough noise the cop will say to themselves "fuck it. I'm not going to deal with this asshole". The asshole drives away with a trunk full of heroin.

The preliminary hearing will exonerate the LEO.

Well yeah, thats a given..if anything other than him going free happened it would be a shocker cause cops dont get found guilty even when they are. Just a coincidence I'm guessing

When the LEO asked her to put out the cigarette she refused to comply.
All LEO are trained to 'secure the scene' for their own safety. Ever had someone flick a lit cigarette in your face?
The LEO now has the police union lawyers defending him.
This case will turn out like 99% of other cases: LEO is found not guilty. LEO settles with the city. LEO wins the fucking lottery in essence.

And who pays the freight for all those lawyers?

By the way, I don't believe the three arresting officers had anything to do with that black mans death in Maryland.

what contradicts what?

What SPECIFIC facts contradict?

what contradicts what?

Can you not elaborate? I mean, really...

what contradicts what?

What SPECIFIC facts contradict?

The ones that neither one of us know about that the Grand Jury knows about. What is this? A game of who knows the Grand Jury or what?

what contradicts what?

On what? The information the Grand Jury knows?

No I cannot because I'd be making it up, like you did when you offered defenses that is not being presented

what contradicts what?

On what? The information the Grand Jury knows?

No I cannot because I'd be making it up, like you did when you offered defenses that is not being presented
So you don't know HOW the story contradicts the tape, you just believe it does. Amirite?

"Secure the scene by telling them to put that cigarette out".

Bvllshit!

Cops are taught from the Academy forward that the average citizen is the Enemy and to not be trusted.

Forum List

Back