Thank God for Reagan's Star Wars

Israel needs it to defend itself, our Navy ships need it to defend themselves, and now we need it to defend ourselves against Iran and North Korea, the Axis of Evil!

In time liberals always look very very foolish!!

You really are a partisan hack and one with no integrity. Some of us were alive when Reagan was not only POTUS but Governor of California. In fact I was at the University when he was elected Governor in 1966. You may believe he was the Second Coming of Christ, those of us with perspective know Reagan was little more than a demagogue with an actors ability to influence the uninformed.

a demagogue whose StarWars program is now protecting us from N.Korea and Iran!! Liberals are blind stupid fools who are very dangerous to our country!!

Even before the week long build-up to the launch, the missile defense system —the latest incarnation of Ronald Reagan’s famous “Star Wars” program—was back in the political conversation and anxious American psyches thanks to President Barack Obama’s hot mic moment with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev in Seoul last month.

Read more: Missile defense debate reignites - Edward-Isaac Dovere - POLITICO.com

No it's not.

Reagan's program was "vaporware".

And today's missile "protection" systems operate poorly at best.

Israel needs it to defend itself, our Navy ships need it to defend themselves, and now we need it to defend ourselves against Iran and North Korea, the Axis of Evil!

You really are a partisan hack and one with no integrity. Some of us were alive when Reagan was not only POTUS but Governor of California. In fact I was at the University when he was elected Governor in 1966. You may believe he was the Second Coming of Christ, those of us with perspective know Reagan was little more than a demagogue with an actors ability to influence the uninformed.
And others with perspective realize the intense bitterness of aging hipsters for putting their agenda in the dustbin of US history and America back on the track of common sense and prosperity. I used to be cool too, but at some point I grew up.

Last edited:

And others with perspective realize the intense bitterness of aging hipsters for putting their agenda in the dustbin of US history and putting America back on track of common sense and prosperity. I used to be cool too, but at some point I grew up.

When Future Historians start writing "The Decline and Fall of the American Empire", Emperor Reagan will be our Commedus.

And others with perspective realize the intense bitterness of aging hipsters for putting their agenda in the dustbin of US history and putting America back on track of common sense and prosperity. I used to be cool too, but at some point I grew up.

When Future Historians start writing "The Decline and Fall of the American Empire", Emperor Reagan will be our Commedus.
It's not Reagan's fault you can't keep a job and live in a shit hole, nor mine. Get over it!

a demagogue whose StarWars program is now protecting us from N.Korea and Iran!! Liberals are blind stupid fools who are very dangerous to our country!!

Even before the week long build-up to the launch, the missile defense system —the latest incarnation of Ronald Reagan’s famous “Star Wars” program—was back in the political conversation and anxious American psyches thanks to President Barack Obama’s hot mic moment with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev in Seoul last month.

Read more: Missile defense debate reignites - Edward-Isaac Dovere - POLITICO.com

No it's not.

Reagan's program was "vaporware".

And today's missile "protection" systems operate poorly at best.
Technology enabling US to build improved missile defense systems - News - Stripes

We've heard that all before with the Patriot missile system. Which was reported with "great success" until they were actually audited.

Even with this glowing review..Iron Dome estimates hitting a third of the missiles launched. And these are VERY crude missiles they got. I'd like to seem independent auditing of that performance.

Regardless of the feasibility of the Star Wars program, it scared the living shit out of the Soviets and Reagan played it to the hilt. The bonus is that much of the technology generated is militarily advantageous.

That lefties are still whining about it is testament to it's and Reagan's genius.

Regardless of the feasibility of the Star Wars program, it scared the living shit out of the Soviets and Reagan played it to the hilt. The bonus is that much of the technology generated is militarily advantageous.

That lefties are still whining about it is testament to it's and Reagan's genius.
yep .

American Progressives hate Reagan because he exposed and defeated Soviet Communism

No, we dislike the fact he gave Plutocrats license to dismantle the Middle Class in this country, starting with the PATCO strike.

Black middle class had their best years with Reagan and Coolidge and their worst with Obama and FDR

THat's just clueless crazy talk. But you go with that. I know you guys need to tell yourself that.

Fact is, the ENTIRE Middle Class declined with Reagan. Go into any working class neighborhood, see how people live compared to the way their parents did.

No, we dislike the fact he gave Plutocrats license to dismantle the Middle Class in this country, starting with the PATCO strike.

Black middle class had their best years with Reagan and Coolidge and their worst with Obama and FDR

THat's just clueless crazy talk. But you go with that. I know you guys need to tell yourself that.

Fact is, the ENTIRE Middle Class declined with Reagan. Go into any working class neighborhood, see how people live compared to the way their parents did.
the economy boomed under Reagan !! and thats a fact .

You work on the assumption that it made that much differnce to the Soviets, who had bigger problems.

We Americans frequently suffer from the delusion that it's all about us, when it isn't.

The USSR fell because it was the extention of the Russian Empire, and like most empires, they collapse on their own weight.

Blaming any other factor is sort of retarded.

[]the economy boomed under Reagan !! and thats a fact .

No, it didn't.

Middle class salaries DECLINED under Reagan.

fig2_prodhhincome.jpg

You work on the assumption that it made that much differnce to the Soviets, who had bigger problems.

We Americans frequently suffer from the delusion that it's all about us, when it isn't.

The USSR fell because it was the extention of the Russian Empire, and like most empires, they collapse on their own weight.

Ignorance of history is not an argument.

But you do it all the time...

You just repeat whatever shit you heard on Hate Radio, and regurgitate it.

Tell you EXACTLY how clueless you are. I was in the Army in 1989 when the USSR fell. And every year, the DIA published this nice glossy book about what a big threat the USSR was, and how we should all be really worried.

The fall of the USSR caught everyone by surprise when we discovered the "Evil Empire" was just a collection of third world countries who couldn't get away from each other fast enough.

Reagan spending us into a hole we'll never get out of on weapons systems that don't work had little to do with that.

But you do it all the time...

You just repeat whatever shit you heard on Hate Radio, and regurgitate it.

Tell you EXACTLY how clueless you are. I was in the Army in 1989 when the USSR fell. And every year, the DIA published this nice glossy book about what a big threat the USSR was, and how we should all be really worried.

The fall of the USSR caught everyone by surprise when we discovered the "Evil Empire" was just a collection of third world countries who couldn't get away from each other fast enough.

Reagan spending us into a hole we'll never get out of on weapons systems that don't work had little to do with that.
I know you know nothing about the world outside of the shit hole you live in, but there is no "hate radio" in Prague, and even if there were, it would be in a language I don't understand that well. Your pathology extends beyond a pitiful existence. There is much you could learn if you had the curiosity and intellect, but that is obviously a very big "if".

Once again, ignorance is not an argument.

[I know you know nothing about the world outside of the shit hole you live in, but there is no "hate radio" in Prague, and even if there were, it would be in a language I don't understand that well. Your pathology extends beyond a pitiful existence. There is much you could learn if you had the curiosity and intellect, but that is obviously a very big "if".

I'm always amazed how you clowns on the right all claim you NEVER listen to hate radio, yet repeat all their arguments de jour.

Seriously, you get on here defending greed, mean-spiritedness and religious stupidity, and try to claim any kind of moral superiority.

Address the point. If Star Wars was really running the USSR into the ground, why didn't ANYONE in Washington realize it at the time.

In fact, teh fall of the Berlin Wall and the subsequent collapse of the USSR completely caught Washington by surprise. This is simply a fact.

[I know you know nothing about the world outside of the shit hole you live in, but there is no "hate radio" in Prague, and even if there were, it would be in a language I don't understand that well. Your pathology extends beyond a pitiful existence. There is much you could learn if you had the curiosity and intellect, but that is obviously a very big "if".

I'm always amazed how you clowns on the right all claim you NEVER listen to hate radio, yet repeat all their arguments de jour.

Seriously, you get on here defending greed, mean-spiritedness and religious stupidity, and try to claim any kind of moral superiority.

Address the point. If Star Wars was really running the USSR into the ground, why didn't ANYONE in Washington realize it at the time.

In fact, teh fall of the Berlin Wall and the subsequent collapse of the USSR completely caught Washington by surprise. This is simply a fact.
tell us oh wise one ...where do you get your info ??:doubt:

No it didn't.

Quite the opposite.

Yeah it is.

Reagan..if he gets any credit at all..was there while it was happening.

Even so..he almost mucked the whole thing up with his initial belligerence.

Forum List

Back