Thank God for Reagan's Star Wars

[I know you know nothing about the world outside of the shit hole you live in, but there is no "hate radio" in Prague, and even if there were, it would be in a language I don't understand that well. Your pathology extends beyond a pitiful existence. There is much you could learn if you had the curiosity and intellect, but that is obviously a very big "if".

Once again, ignorance is not an argument.

I'm always amazed how you clowns on the right all claim you NEVER listen to hate radio, yet repeat all their arguments de jour.

Seriously, you get on here defending greed, mean-spiritedness and religious stupidity, and try to claim any kind of moral superiority.

Address the point. If Star Wars was really running the USSR into the ground, why didn't ANYONE in Washington realize it at the time.

In fact, teh fall of the Berlin Wall and the subsequent collapse of the USSR completely caught Washington by surprise. This is simply a fact.
tell us oh wise one ...where do you get your info ??:doubt:

I read a wide variety of sources, both left and right.

I did this when I was more consevative as well.

What changed my mind was not anything I read. It was when my Romney-loving boss fired me after six years of loyal service because I had run up a lot of medical bills on the company's insurance. When I pointed out his actions were morally wrong and probably illegal, he announced, "Well, good thing this isn't a union shop!"

The Conservative Movement is based on 1) Appealling to greed and 2) Getting stupid people lathered up about gays or abortions or some other such shit while slowly dismantling your middle class life style so the rich can live better.

Anyone who doesn't see that is willfully blind.

I stopped being willfully blind to it some time ago.

No, we dislike the fact he gave Plutocrats license to dismantle the Middle Class in this country, starting with the PATCO strike.

Black middle class had their best years with Reagan and Coolidge and their worst with Obama and FDR

THat's just clueless crazy talk. But you go with that. I know you guys need to tell yourself that.

Fact is, the ENTIRE Middle Class declined with Reagan. Go into any working class neighborhood, see how people live compared to the way their parents did.

Liar

I'm always amazed how you clowns on the right all claim you NEVER listen to hate radio, yet repeat all their arguments de jour.

Seriously, you get on here defending greed, mean-spiritedness and religious stupidity, and try to claim any kind of moral superiority.

Address the point. If Star Wars was really running the USSR into the ground, why didn't ANYONE in Washington realize it at the time.

In fact, teh fall of the Berlin Wall and the subsequent collapse of the USSR completely caught Washington by surprise. This is simply a fact.
tell us oh wise one ...where do you get your info ??:doubt:

I read a wide variety of sources, both left and right.

I did this when I was more consevative as well.

What changed my mind was not anything I read. It was when my Romney-loving boss fired me after six years of loyal service because I had run up a lot of medical bills on the company's insurance. When I pointed out his actions were morally wrong and probably illegal, he announced, "Well, good thing this isn't a union shop!"

The Conservative Movement is based on 1) Appealling to greed and 2) Getting stupid people lathered up about gays or abortions or some other such shit while slowly dismantling your middle class life style so the rich can live better.

Anyone who doesn't see that is willfully blind.

I stopped being willfully blind to it some time ago.
so up until the point that you were recently fired, you were a greedy,stupid,homophobic blind man ??:doubt:

Last edited:
Black middle class had their best years with Reagan and Coolidge and their worst with Obama and FDR

THat's just clueless crazy talk. But you go with that. I know you guys need to tell yourself that.

Fact is, the ENTIRE Middle Class declined with Reagan. Go into any working class neighborhood, see how people live compared to the way their parents did.

Liar

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

You work on the assumption that it made that much differnce to the Soviets, who had bigger problems.

We Americans frequently suffer from the delusion that it's all about us, when it isn't.

The USSR fell because it was the extention of the Russian Empire, and like most empires, they collapse on their own weight.

Blaming any other factor is sort of retarded.
Ignorance of history is not an argument.

Yeah it is.

Reagan..if he gets any credit at all..was there while it was happening.

Even so..he almost mucked the whole thing up with his initial belligerence.
No, see, ignorance of history is not an argument and that is exactly why you and your equally ignorant friend, JoeB, don't have one.

Thirty years after the “Star Wars” speech, the program that Ronald Reagan once hoped would make nuclear weapons “impotent and obsolete” is more likely to discourage further nuclear reductions and drive additional nuclear modernization than it is to protect people from the dangers of nuclear weapons.

Missile defence 30 years after ?Star Wars? | Ceasefire.ca

Thirty years after the “Star Wars” speech, the program that Ronald Reagan once hoped would make nuclear weapons “impotent and obsolete” is more likely to discourage further nuclear reductions and drive additional nuclear modernization than it is to protect people from the dangers of nuclear weapons.

Missile defence 30 years after ?Star Wars? | Ceasefire.ca
You seem to have ignored the fact that nuclear stockpiles and the chances of their use have diminished greatly. Do you remember the "Doomsday Clock"?

File:Doomsday Clock graph.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yet another one of Reagan's achievements.

No it's not.

Reagan's program was "vaporware".

And today's missile "protection" systems operate poorly at best.
Technology enabling US to build improved missile defense systems - News - Stripes

We've heard that all before with the Patriot missile system. Which was reported with "great success" until they were actually audited.

Even with this glowing review..Iron Dome estimates hitting a third of the missiles launched. And these are VERY crude missiles they got. I'd like to seem independent auditing of that performance.
And Iron Dome, which is easily the most successful of all the "Star Wars" variants, has nothing to do at all with St Ronnie. It is completely an Iseaeli design. The only American connection is our tax dollars are paying for it. The technology is so different from anything the US has, we are trying to get Israel to share its technology with us because of all the money we have invested in Iron Dome. That will give you an idea of just how useful Reagan's "Star Wars" technology is after all these years!!!!

Last edited:
Um ... Star Wars didn't work.

However, the more sensible ship-launched SM-3 anti-ballistic-missile-missile does work. That has zilch to do with Reagan, being the SM-3 is an evolution of the old SM-2. And the program was fully embraced by the Obama administration.

Any more history you guys want to rewrite?

"Star Wars" evolved into many other things that we should be grateful that we have. The program continued under various names under both Bush's, Clinton, and now Obama. We should be grateful that we've been able to work on it for so long.

No it didn't.

Reagan's plan called for orbital satellites armed with missiles.

It didn't even get off the ground.

Diid you even bother to see the movie star wars?
Star wars = Drone armed aircraft ~ we have it today
Star wars = offense lazers~ we have it today
Star wars = futuristic deffense systems~ we have it today
Star wars = to be able to attack outer space ~ we have it today
WikiLeaks: US and China in military standoff over space missiles - Telegraph

I am not sure why the left wants to even bother to argue the facts of the great leaps and bounds of the U.S. millitary technology in the past 30 years the facts are black and white, they are getting better and better every day. Hell our drones can even land on our aircraft carriers now.
BBC - Future - Technology - X-47B stealth drone targets new frontiers

I suppose you are going to tell us in 4 years Obama created the missile defense.

I work for the space program. say thanks to President Obama and world renowned engineers for this.

the second of 4 SBIRS ( Space Based Infrared System) was launched just a few weeks ago. You Fing Republicans probably had no idea so read up and educate yourself. you are welcome.

ULA Atlas V launch with SBIRS GEO-2 successful | NASASpaceFlight.com

SBIRS-Architecture.png

Last edited:
I suppose you are going to tell us in 4 years Obama created the missile defense.

I work for the space program. say thanks to President Obama and world renowned engineers for this.

the second of 4 SBIRS ( Space Based Infrared System) was launched just a few weeks ago. You Fing Republicans probably had no idea so read up and educate yourself. you are welcome.
You fing Republicans probable...

What do you do there, something along the lines of sanitation engineer? And what the hell is a "fing"?

ULA Atlas V launch with SBIRS GEO-2 successful | NASASpaceFlight.com

SBIRS-Architecture.png

from your own link mr. rocket scientist....
Missile detection spacecraft originated in the days of theCold War; SBIRS is a third-generation system, following onfrom the Missile Defense Alarm System and later Defense Support Program.

Last edited:
What do you do there, something along the lines of sanitation engineer? And what the hell is a "fing"?

lol, I'm a radar and telemetry engineer. I am also SOI certified by the USAF and NASA. SOI stand for Space Object Identification. When NK or Iran or China launches something w/o forward knowledge I am the first line of defense to relay exactly what has been launched and what sort of orbital inclination said payload is on.

Fing is just a classier way of saying fucking. :)

Missile detection spacecraft originated in the days of theCold War; SBIRS is a third-generation system, following onfrom the Missile Defense Alarm System and later Defense Support Program.

no shit Sherlock! This is a far more economic and common sense format for early waring capabilities than anything previously put forward by our dear elected officials. .

no shit Sherlock! This is a far more economic and common sense format for early waring capabilities than anything previously put forward by our dear elected officials. .

so what the hell does obama have to do with it? Did he give an interview from his play pen or something in the 60's?

so what the hell does obama have to do with it? Did he give an interview from his play pen or something in the 60's?

IDK, maybe because he green lit this program to continue into 2020.

Starting a new arms race based on missile defense is the defense industry's trillion dollar dream.

for sure. The problem is our space support infrastructure is aging quickly and with no foresight in play its hard to say where things are heading. First thins we need to do is outfit our space ports for the near future, thats not going to happen with the current Republican mindset.

They blew our collective load in Iraq, true story bro.

Forum List

Back