Thank you FDR

One of the stories that show the difference is perhaps the Bonus Army of WWI vets asking for their pension to be paid a little early. Hoover sent MacArthur down to rout the vets killing a couple, including a vet's baby and burning their camps down. When FDR took office, the Bonus Army tried again, this time FDR sent Eleanor down alone to talk to the vets. She had tea with the vets, they sang some old army songs together and she left.

Eleanor was the most active, most tender hearted [sic], real human first ladies this country has ever had ....

And her husband was the worst scumbag piece of shit to ever soil the office of President of the United States.

Yeah well.....everything is a matter of perspective. I'm 81 years old and in the mid and late 1930's grown men cried because they couldn't put food on the table for their families. A Republican president, Mr. Hoover had done the same goddam thing to our economy that Reagan and the Bushes did the only difference was that Hoover didn't have $800 billion to hand to the banks when they became bloated and failed the way George W. Bush did. Old people lived in county poor farms because they didn't have anything to use for food. There was no such thing as assistance for the needy, there was no social security, people worked six 12 hour days for less than $5.00 a week and ten people were standing in line hoping one would get fired so they would have a chance at it. Modern folks take everything for granted, stay on their I Phones and expect their children to get a good education from a good college but let me tell you something. About 30%-40% of families can't do those things. This shit of the top few percent of people getting it all will either change or hungry people will change it for them. It's happened before and it will happen again.

Americans hated the Japs after they bombed Pearl Harbor. When they saw how the Japs treated prisoners they hated them even more. Some Japs are still pissed off that FDR put the Japs living on the west coast into internment camps so they could not be a threat. People expected sabotage and spying to come from the Jap community. FDR's military commanders told him it was a good idea to intern the Japs. He followed their advice and the Japs on the west coast were unable to be successful spies or commit acts of sabotage.
Back in those days people didn't play games and try to be politically correct. They did what they thought had to be done and they got the job at hand done fast and efficiently. War began by Japs in 1941 was over in 1945. Took less than four years from start to finish. We are in out 14th year of war in Afghanistan, still have troops in Korea, and still fighting and involved in Iraq. FDR was a serious guy. The people of the time liked his seriousness so much they elected him four times. To bad some Japs are still angry about him getting some Japs off the west coast, but it might have been one of the things that helped end the war as fast as he got it ended.

Some Japs are still pissed off .....

The word that you seem to be too stupid to spell is "Japanese." AMERICANS rightly condemn the piece of shit fdr for throwing innocent, loyal AMERICANS into his concentration camps.

... FDR's military commanders told him it was a good idea to intern the Japs [sic]. He followed their advice......

The US Navy and that piece of shit fdr's own justice dept told him that Japanese-AMERICANS on the west coast posed no threat to the nation. Meanwhile, on the east coast...

Americans hated the Japs after they bombed Pearl Harbor. When they saw how the Japs treated prisoners they hated them even more. Some Japs are still pissed off that FDR put the Japs living on the west coast into internment camps so they could not be a threat. People expected sabotage and spying to come from the Jap community. FDR's military commanders told him it was a good idea to intern the Japs. He followed their advice and the Japs on the west coast were unable to be successful spies or commit acts of sabotage.
Back in those days people didn't play games and try to be politically correct. They did what they thought had to be done and they got the job at hand done fast and efficiently. War began by Japs in 1941 was over in 1945. Took less than four years from start to finish. We are in out 14th year of war in Afghanistan, still have troops in Korea, and still fighting and involved in Iraq. FDR was a serious guy. The people of the time liked his seriousness so much they elected him four times. To bad some Japs are still angry about him getting some Japs off the west coast, but it might have been one of the things that helped end the war as fast as he got it ended.

I love it.....Thanks!!

The goddam Republicans hated FDR so much that they completely(conveniently) forgot that the development of the nuclear age began during his tenure and that his VP, Ol' Harry had the balls to use a couple. Guess what????? That's the reason that now, even with the US and Russia(old soviets) have never used one of their 20,000-30,000 or so nukes. If the Republican party had it's way we would be fighting somebody every day of the year....forever. That's how their favorite corporations make all the big bucks. It's a documented fact that the draft dodging Cheney cleared $35,000,000 on his holdings in Halliburton while we were fighting in Iraq. A war which was totally unnecessary and started largely because of his continuous lying about Saddam Hussein having WMD's. I wouldn't trust any Republican politician in the shithouse wearing a muzzle.

in the mid and late 1930's grown men cried because they couldn't put food on the table for their families. ....

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/FDR-s-Policies-Prolonged-Depression-5409
You always use that article, but it doesn't say what the title suggest. The article claims the depression was extended because minimum wages were set and unions were allowed to organize, thus adding to the increased wages. While this was great for workers, it allegedly slowed business from expanding at a greater rate. The claim is that if business would have been permitted to pay low wages and disallowed unions they could have profited more and those profits would have trickled down into the general economy. It is speculative tilted towards a pro business anti labor position The trickle down theory in it's early stage. Since it didn't happen, it is all just speculation. It also leaves out the gorilla in the room that you anti FDR guys always do. The Dust Bowl put entire states full of agriculture workers into unemployment. From the farm workers to the processors to the transporters. It caused these people to flee the unproductive farms and seek employment in other states and regions of the country. A climate event caused a situation beyond the control of government or anyone else. From 1932 to 1940 the country was devastated by drought and high winds that crippled the west and mid west as the Dust Bowl Storms made farming in the areas they occurred useless. FDR implemented policies that helped prevent business and industry from exploiting these desperate American. The article basically ignores this situation and contends that if business and industry had been allowed to pay these people with loaves of bread and cups of beans and rice they would have become profitable and ended the depression for the business and industry owners.

Last edited:
So to prove "appeal to authority" is wrong, an appeal to authority, the encyclopedia, is used for proof.
That's called a citation, there fella. Points of fact aren't arguments--fallacious or otherwise.
OK evidence. When the knit picking starts, the misspelled words, the punctuation, the name calling, or a change of subject becomes the mode it's pretty much over.
Dispute these FACTS:

1. FDR imprisoned Japanese Americans without trial. Many lost their livelihoods and property. He did not imprison German or Japanese Americans. So, he is not only a lawless POTUS, but a racist.
2. FDR tried to pack the SC so that he could do whatever he wanted. That makes him a tyrant.
3. His unconditional surrender requirement of Germany and Japan lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths. That makes him a murderous fool.
4. FDR was warned several times of commie spies within his administration. He did nothing. That makes him a dumb ass fool.
5. He ignored Washington's rule of no more than two terms for the POTUS. Running for a third and fourth term, even though he was terribly unhealthy. That makes him an egotistical fool.
6. He did all he could to get Japan to strike first by refusing to negotiate with them and imposing sanctions on them. He knew they were going to strike, because we had broken their code prior to Pearl Harbor. He did not warn the commanders and then scapegoated them. That makes him a traitor.
7. His absurd economic programs of scarcity lead to the destruction of livestock and crops, all while many Americans were starving during the Great Depression. Fool again.

Do you find these actions by a POTUS, admirable?

Now try to use your OWN brain to answer that question, and not those of statist historians.
After careful reading of your charges I find the historians agree with me, America's greatest president. I wonder if the historians know of those charges, so as I have asked others, please get that information to the historians as quick as possible, rating season is coming up, and last time FDR was rated number one. To help your case I would suggest you ask Congress to investigate the Pearl Harbor attack first. Wonder why they never investigated?
They did investigate, but as is typical of statists, they ignored the damning facts just like you do.

I bet you think Oswald killed Kennedy....cause the state told you so.
The evidence proves oswald killed kennedy.

Not the state

That's called a citation, there fella. Points of fact aren't arguments--fallacious or otherwise.
OK evidence. When the knit picking starts, the misspelled words, the punctuation, the name calling, or a change of subject becomes the mode it's pretty much over.
Dispute these FACTS:

1. FDR imprisoned Japanese Americans without trial. Many lost their livelihoods and property. He did not imprison German or Japanese Americans. So, he is not only a lawless POTUS, but a racist.
2. FDR tried to pack the SC so that he could do whatever he wanted. That makes him a tyrant.
3. His unconditional surrender requirement of Germany and Japan lead to thousands of unnecessary deaths. That makes him a murderous fool.
4. FDR was warned several times of commie spies within his administration. He did nothing. That makes him a dumb ass fool.
5. He ignored Washington's rule of no more than two terms for the POTUS. Running for a third and fourth term, even though he was terribly unhealthy. That makes him an egotistical fool.
6. He did all he could to get Japan to strike first by refusing to negotiate with them and imposing sanctions on them. He knew they were going to strike, because we had broken their code prior to Pearl Harbor. He did not warn the commanders and then scapegoated them. That makes him a traitor.
7. His absurd economic programs of scarcity lead to the destruction of livestock and crops, all while many Americans were starving during the Great Depression. Fool again.

Now try to use your OWN brain to answer that question, and not those of statist historians.
After careful reading of your charges I find the historians agree with me, America's greatest president. I wonder if the historians know of those charges, so as I have asked others, please get that information to the historians as quick as possible, rating season is coming up, and last time FDR was rated number one. To help your case I would suggest you ask Congress to investigate the Pearl Harbor attack first. Wonder why they never investigated?
They did investigate, but as is typical of statists, they ignored the damning facts just like you do.

Not the state
The evidence proves Oswald did not kill Kennedy, but you willingly believe the State that has proven time and again to be liars.

in the mid and late 1930's grown men cried because they couldn't put food on the table for their families. ....

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/FDR-s-Policies-Prolonged-Depression-5409
You always use that article, but it doesn't say what the title suggest.....

"After scrutinizing Roosevelt's record for four years, Harold L. Cole and Lee E. Ohanian conclude in a new study that New Deal policies signed into law 71 years ago thwarted economic recovery for seven long years."

Dispute these FACTS:

Not the state
The evidence proves Oswald did not kill Kennedy, but you willingly believe the State that has proven time and again to be liars.

No you are quite wrong.

It has nothing to do with WHO said what and it is irrelevant WHO says it.

The evidence proves OSwald did it and no evidence whatsoever supports any other theory.

Those are facts as has been shown and proven time and time again in the conspiracy section.

Cheney cleared $35,000,000 on his holdings in Halliburton while we were fighting in Iraq. .....

Wrong, completely wrong. He quit the company in 2000. Cheney sequestered his Halliburton stocks during his service as VP so that he could not profit from whatever actions the company was involved in. Then in 2005, he cashed in his stock options and donated ALL the $7 million in profits to charity.

A war which was totally unnecessary....

Most democrats at the time, and 37 countries, disagreed with you.
Ever read that war resolution, the Democrats dumped it right into Bush's lap, it was Bush's decision, his baby, and Bush grabbed it. But it paid off for Bush when he made that landing on the carrier with the mission accomplished sign. That was probably the high point of the war for Bush, then bingo, the reality started coming home. We will be paying off that war for some years yet, and what were the benefits--beside Bush's carrier landing?

A war which was totally unnecessary....

Most democrats at the time, and 37 countries, disagreed with you.
Ever read that war resolution, the Democrats dumped it right into Bush's lap, it was Bush's decision, his baby, and Bush grabbed it. But it paid off for Bush when he made that landing on the carrier with the mission accomplished sign. That was probably the high point of the war for Bush, then bingo, the reality started coming home. We will be paying off that war for some years yet, and what were the benefits--beside Bush's carrier landing?

Still misunderstanding/lying about that all these years later?

Dispute these FACTS:

Not the state

No you are quite wrong.

It has nothing to do with WHO said what and it is irrelevant WHO says it.

The evidence proves OSwald did it and no evidence whatsoever supports any other theory.

Those are facts as has been shown and proven time and time again in the conspiracy section.
That's funny...you know ever little about the assassination.

One of the stories that show the difference is perhaps the Bonus Army of WWI vets asking for their pension to be paid a little early. Hoover sent MacArthur down to rout the vets killing a couple, including a vet's baby and burning their camps down. When FDR took office, the Bonus Army tried again, this time FDR sent Eleanor down alone to talk to the vets. She had tea with the vets, they sang some old army songs together and she left.

Eleanor was the most active, most tender hearted [sic], real human first ladies this country has ever had ....

And her husband was the worst scumbag piece of shit to ever soil the office of President of the United States.

Yeah well.....everything is a matter of perspective. I'm 81 years old and in the mid and late 1930's grown men cried because they couldn't put food on the table for their families. A Republican president, Mr. Hoover had done the same goddam thing to our economy that Reagan and the Bushes did the only difference was that Hoover didn't have $800 billion to hand to the banks when they became bloated and failed the way George W. Bush did. Old people lived in county poor farms because they didn't have anything to use for food. There was no such thing as assistance for the needy, there was no social security, people worked six 12 hour days for less than $5.00 a week and ten people were standing in line hoping one would get fired so they would have a chance at it. Modern folks take everything for granted, stay on their I Phones and expect their children to get a good education from a good college but let me tell you something. About 30%-40% of families can't do those things. This shit of the top few percent of people getting it all will either change or hungry people will change it for them. It's happened before and it will happen again.

I'm 70, but the older generation talked about FDR times to me much the same as your post. Just social security itself was a great thing. The republican politicians hated it back then, and they would love to destroy it today if they could, in my opinion.

Cheney cleared $35,000,000 on his holdings in Halliburton while we were fighting in Iraq. .....

Wrong, completely wrong. He quit the company in 2000. Cheney sequestered his Halliburton stocks during his service as VP so that he could not profit from whatever actions the company was involved in. Then in 2005, he cashed in his stock options and donated ALL the $7 million in profits to charity.

LMAO!!!!! I require some kind of source besides Faux News. You are so full of schit that you smell bad.

Forum List

Back