Thank you for the 47 percent increase in my health care rate

Of course we are but only because we have no say in the matter. The Clowns in Govt have decided that those paying should support those that don't.

I find it laughable that anyone would think that the entire taxpaying American public wants to foot the bills for those without.

As for letting them die? Again. I find I really don't gvie a shit. If your someone who can't take care of yourself, your kids, your bills and need the taxpayers to take care of you then your not worth much and are one damned drain on the rest of us.

If you and all like minded have no problem assuming the responsibilites of others then feel free to pay away there Joe. No one will stop you and those you are paying for will take every dime you want to give them.

Just don't think that everyone feels the same as you do and has no problem giving their hard earned money to those without.

Oh and since I'm not a Rep or a Dem I could care less which one of those useless parties lands on your scrapheap.

So "let them die" IS your view.

Neat.

As I said. I really could give shit one. If they die, they die. I'm just not interested in paying for them.

If you are then pay away.

Neat.

Then you are living in the wrong country.

You will pay whether you are interested or not.

That's the price of having in a modern, civilized society.

Of course we are but only because we have no say in the matter. The Clowns in Govt have decided that those paying should support those that don't.

I find it laughable that anyone would think that the entire taxpaying American public wants to foot the bills for those without.

As for letting them die? Again. I find I really don't gvie a shit. If your someone who can't take care of yourself, your kids, your bills and need the taxpayers to take care of you then your not worth much and are one damned drain on the rest of us.

If you and all like minded have no problem assuming the responsibilites of others then feel free to pay away there Joe. No one will stop you and those you are paying for will take every dime you want to give them.

Just don't think that everyone feels the same as you do and has no problem giving their hard earned money to those without.

Oh and since I'm not a Rep or a Dem I could care less which one of those useless parties lands on your scrapheap.

So essentially, you think heartlessness is a virtue, and you'd rather be vindictive than helpful.

Got it.

I find it amusing that you guys will scream all day about abortion but are perfectly willing to let a child die of a treatable disease because his parents are poor.

I just have to shake my head.

Thankfully, I live in a civilized society where we do take care of each other, and the selfish have to pay their fair share. Let's have more of that.

Heartless because I object to paying someone elses bills??

As for abortion?? Its not an issue for me at all. I have no problem with abortion just as I have no problem with gays.

Sure our civilized society takes care of everyone because we have no choice. Once again the Clowns in Govt have made that decsion for us dummies who pay for it all.

Perhaps you could show me where in the Contitution it says that those that have should pay for those that don't have. And please don't quote the GW clause. That says to promote, not provide.

Again. I find it laugable that you automatically assume that everyone feels obligated to assume the responsibilities of others. To pay for their HC, rent, food and anything else they might need.

If thats your cup of tea than pay away my friend. Believe me they will take every dime you want to give them.

We currently have a grand total of FOUR health care systems:

1. Individual/Group health insurance
  2. Medicaid
  3. Medicare
  4. Indigent care
Would anyone like to offer a thoughtful explanation as to WHY this should be?

I dunno.

I'm with you on this issue.

We need a minimum level universal coverage and a supplemental private market.

At least that's where I think you stand on it.

That is where I stand on it and have been saying that for years. A single payer system doesn't mean that private insurance has to cease to exist. They can still survive on selling supplements.

Basic healthcare shouldn't be "for profit", period.

Neat.

As I said. I really could give shit one. If they die, they die. I'm just not interested in paying for them.

Neat.

As I said. The only reason this civilized society foots the bills is because we dumb taxpayers have no say in the matter. And yes, we will continue to pay whether we want to or not.

You like Joe seem to think that every American taxpayer is obligated to help those without. Again. We have no choice if we did that would leave you, Joe and all like minded paying for those folks. You would need deep pockets because they would take every dime you wanted to give them.

You, of course, will feel really good about yourselves as you go broke taking care of the have nots.

Its your civilized society after all.

I dont even think coverage is the issue.

If costs were affordable, what would we even NEED insurance coverage for?

Costs aren't affordable, therein lies the problem. Healthcare is priced as a luxury item. It's not. People have devoted their entire lives to health research to benefit human kind, as a species, not simply benefit "those who can afford it."

Every procedure, pill or anything at all that uses renewable resources should be on the CHEAP CHEAP.

Well, there aer a lot of factors here.

The first is that the laws of supply and demand don't apply.

It isn't like buying a hamburger at Wendys. You could probably make that hamburger cheaper at home- but it's time and labor intensive. And you'll probalby have to buy enough materials to go over several meals.

When you are buying Chemotherapy,the provider has all the power and he can charge whatever the hell he wants. So while you get someone like Claudette who is happy to let OTHER people die when they are poor, I don't think she'd be so keen on dying after she ran out of money.

Neat.

Neat.

We already pay for people without insurance and we pay in the most expensive way possible. Single payer universal coverage is the only way we are going to compete in a global economy. The sooner we realize that, the better off we'll be.

[

Yes, pretty much.

Thankfully, you don't have a say in the matter...

Yes it is to bad that I and the rest of us who object to paying other peoples bills don't have a say.

That would leave you and all likeminded paying for the have nots. One would hope you and your likeminded cohorts have deep pockets because they would take every dime you wanted to give them. Without the rest of us who don't feel as you do, your would be broke in no time.

Neat.

As I said. The only reason this civilized society foots the bills is because we dumb taxpayers have no say in the matter. And yes, we will continue to pay whether we want to or not.

You like Joe seem to think that every American taxpayer is obligated to help those without. Again. We have no choice if we did that would leave you, Joe and all like minded paying for those folks. You would need deep pockets because they would take every dime you wanted to give them.

You, of course, will feel really good about yourselves as you go broke taking care of the have nots.

Do you believe that the poor and uninsured who show up at ERs should not be treated?

[q

SO are you going to go off and dutifully die when your insurance company announces they will no longer pay for your treatment?

Here's the thing about it. Up until about five years ago, I was just like you. Fuck them if they aren't taking care of themselves.

Then I had a need for a couple of really expensive operations. No problem, I thought, I have health insurance!

I even opted for the more premium Point of Service Plan instead of the HMO.

Oh, wait. Once the bills started coming in, Cigna started balking at paying them. And then, oddly, even though I had excellent work reviews and seniority on everyone in the office, I was the first let go when they started doing cutbacks.... Hmmmm... (Other people with medical issues were let go about the same time.)

So as a practical matter, it isn't a matter of paying for someoen else. We all are.

It's a matter of making sure that the most people are covered in the most effective way.

And governments have a better track record of doing that than private sector companies.

Neat.

We already pay for people without insurance and we pay in the most expensive way possible. Single payer universal coverage is the only way we are going to compete in a global economy. The sooner we realize that, the better off we'll be.

Yup...

Preventative care is far less expensive and it would take the burden off employers to provide healthcare.

[

Yes, pretty much.

Thankfully, you don't have a say in the matter...

Yes it is to bad that I and the rest of us who object to paying other peoples bills don't have a say.

That would leave you and all likeminded paying for the have nots. One would hope you and your likeminded cohorts have deep pockets because they would take every dime you wanted to give them. Without the rest of us who don't feel as you do, your would be broke in no time.

Yes, too bad we outnumber you and you keep losing elections, isn't it?

the true tragedy of this election is the guy you ran, the Weird Mormon Robot, wasn't of your mindset, but he had to pretend to be to get people like you to vote for him.

My most recent monthly health insurance bill went up 47 percent. Thanks again, Obama and all you liberal a-holes who support the madness.

It's not that I would ever question your veracity (sarcasm), but I doubt very much your health insurance (which is implied) went up. Mine actually went down. I am now on Mecicare and Kaiser Sr. Advantage. My Medicare cost is less than the reduction in my Kaiser Premium. Co-pays remain the same ($10) as well as $10 for each Rx (90 day supply).

[q

SO are you going to go off and dutifully die when your insurance company announces they will no longer pay for your treatment?

Here's the thing about it. Up until about five years ago, I was just like you. Fuck them if they aren't taking care of themselves.

Then I had a need for a couple of really expensive operations. No problem, I thought, I have health insurance!

I even opted for the more premium Point of Service Plan instead of the HMO.

Oh, wait. Once the bills started coming in, Cigna started balking at paying them. And then, oddly, even though I had excellent work reviews and seniority on everyone in the office, I was the first let go when they started doing cutbacks.... Hmmmm... (Other people with medical issues were let go about the same time.)

So as a practical matter, it isn't a matter of paying for someoen else. We all are.

It's a matter of making sure that the most people are covered in the most effective way.

And governments have a better track record of doing that than private sector companies.

Ahh. Your insurance company tried to fuck you over.

Thats a different story. As long as your payed for you HC no way they should have refused to treat you or even balked at any part of it. My sympathies for you on that one Joe.

As for you getting cut, I can't address that as I don't know how your company runs. Lay offs from the top down or the bottom up??

I still don't feel obliged to pay someone elses bills. Sorry but that just how I feel.

or an emergency room...

thats handled through your oncologist.

And if they can't afford it? Tough luck?

Please, I have worked with oncologists. My Father died of cancer not 6 years ago. He was uninsured and 64 when his treatments began, and the oncologist wrote off 70% of his charges taking only what medicare payed once medicare finally kicked in. Nobody EVER said, "You don't have coverage? Screw you! Just die!!" --- they wrote off 70% and he never paid a dime from his fixed income/savings...

"They wrote it off". LOL. Tell me what you think happens when they "write it off". They just eat the cost out of the goodness of their heart.....please tell me thats what you think happens. PLEASE.

I still don't feel obliged to pay someone elses bills. Sorry but that just how I feel.

The point you seem to be missing is that you ARE paying the bills of the unisured but you're doing it in the most irresponsible and expensive way possible.

Imagine buying a car, but not changing the oil or getting a tune up. Will it be more expensive in the long run to fix it when it blows up? Of course it would be. Well, that's the way we insure the uninsured now. Dumb.

The hell it is...

I have to drive to work at the hospital now. 2.5 hours from my home as there are fewer medical imaging jobs now than EVER before. I'll be there for 3 days - and I'll have time to discuss this in depth with you. Go ahead and tell me where my statements are "false". LMAO!!

I can't wait to get to a point I can respond to you!! Looking forward to it!!

Oh goodie. Let's start with your first incorrect statement that "conservatives weren't invited to the healthcare discussion meetings".

They were in fact, they even broadcast the discussions on TV. Bipartisan meetings.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTd6v3VQf5s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTd6v3VQf5s[/ame]

Let me know when you're done with that and I'll address your next incorrect statement. I can do this all day long

You can't do chit all day long. I watched the healht care summit and the GOP was shut down at every turn. Anyone who wasn't for preemptive gov't takeover of healthcare was shut down and ignored. You say my statements are false and then use bogus statements and a video that proves my point!

You can't disprove ANY of my claims because they are all TRUE!

Yet your statement that they weren't invited to the discussions was in fact, false. As I've shown. LOL.

Forum List

Back