That darned Sputnik.

The purpose of the Constitution was not to limit government....it was to define the governmental structure that would run the country

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say government should be limited

I suggest you read the 10th amendment.

If it was designed to limit why would there even be amendments?
Are you retarded? Don't answer I know. The amendments were part of the original document. How the fuck do you not know this?

The purpose of the Constitution was not to limit government....it was to define the governmental structure that would run the country

Are you retarded? Don't answer I know. The amendments were part of the original document. How the fuck do you not know this?

Librul pubblik skoolinz. Maybe they did away with Civics and American History. :dunno:

Librul pubblik skoolinz. Maybe they did away with Civics and American History. :dunno:
These public schools are sure doing wonders.

Seriously kid, are you truly that ignorant? Do you know ANYTHING about the Constitution?
Try me

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Now, show where it says anything about limiting government

LOL, you don't have the brain power. Tell me son, do our founding documents work together, or separately? I'm guessing you don't the brain power to even understand the question. Tell me, what does article 1 section 9 say?
FAIL

You have failed to show where the purpose of the Constitution was to restrict government

You do realize that the First Amendment all by it's lonesome proves you wrong ;)

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Now....the way I read that it says that the Gov CAN"T do those things. Huh, imagine that.
It is the Preamble that defined the purpose of the Constitution

You need to study harder

Amendments were at the back of the document

Sorry kid. You just don't have the brain power for this one. The documents all work together, I set you up at the start knowing you weren't smart enough to catch it.

Allow me to clarify: The 1st 10 amendments were part of the original document.

It's called: "The Bill of Rights"

IMO, it should not have had any ever added after that.

Methinks you give it more power than our courts do

I suggest you read the Supremacy Clause

You got skunked. Admit it, eat crow and move on.

Try me

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence,promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

LOL, you don't have the brain power. Tell me son, do our founding documents work together, or separately? I'm guessing you don't the brain power to even understand the question. Tell me, what does article 1 section 9 say?
FAIL

You have failed to show where the purpose of the Constitution was to restrict government

You do realize that the First Amendment all by it's lonesome proves you wrong ;)

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Now....the way I read that it says that the Gov CAN"T do those things. Huh, imagine that.
It is the Preamble that defined the purpose of the Constitution

You need to study harder

Amendments were at the back of the document

Sorry kid. You just don't have the brain power for this one. The documents all work together, I set you up at the start knowing you weren't smart enough to catch it.

The question was the purpose of the document not all of its functions

The purpose is defined in the Preamble.......in order to create a more perfect union

If he needs that much clarification he's a lost cause.

Methinks you give it more power than our courts do

I suggest you read the Supremacy Clause

You got skunked. Admit it, eat crow and move on.
Hardly

You do not write a Constitution to restrict Government

You define the Government THEN you identify restrictions

Conservatives are so ignorant when it comes to the Constitution

Try me

Interesting!

You can read the first paragraph of a book, not even the first page or first chapter, the first paragraph and know all the twists and turns along the way to the last page. Must have made school easy!

does it say "grow the gov to the point they are into everything and demand as much?"

Hardly

HystericallyLaughingmanandboy.gif

Not us, you're the one who hasn't read and studied the document. If you claim you did, you have proven to us you only read the Preamble and learned it all from that paragraph.

Try me

Interesting!

You can read the first paragraph of a book, not even the first page or first chapter, the first paragraph and know all the twists and turns along the way to the last page. Must have made school easy!

Look up what "preamble" means

Preamble to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

The Preamble to the United States Constitution is a brief introductory statement of the Constitution's fundamental purposes and guiding principles

Hardly

HystericallyLaughingmanandboy.gif

Not us, you're the one who hasn't read and studied the document. If you claim you did, you have proven to us you only read the Preamble and learned it all from that paragraph.

Really....show the nice people where in the Constitution says its purpose is to restrict government

<conservatives do not have a clue as to what is in the Constitution>

He is in middle school. He hasn't taken those classes yet.

Seriously? You would not have a problem with President Trump having Hillary as the Vice President, because if we didn't change it, that would have happened.

does it say "grow the gov to the point they are into everything and demand as much?"
Article 1, Section 1

Forum List

Back