The 2nd Civil War

Really? How far do you think you see at night? What range? Give us a number in feet or yards....

If you're in the woods, at night....good luck running very far. You see, there are these things called trees....they can get in your way junior.

:confused:
If you're in the woods, the only reason the "enemy" will be there is because you're being hunted like a dog. Otherwise a patrol isn't randomly sent out to just walk into the woods for no reason; regardless of what you see on television or on Playstation which is where you seem to have gotten your military training.

This is just one of several things you simply don't understand...Not just combat tactics but simple strategy that is apparent to anyone who gives it more than 5 seconds of thought.

After the first shot, your ass is grass.

Being hunted. Luring the US into an ambush. Obviously, a small patrol is mince meat to a team of woodsmen or hunters armed with semi-auto hunting rifles or even bolt ones. And after a few ambushes, guess what?
Your entire squad is either dead or begging for clemency.

The only advantage you have is that it isn't too late for you to shut the fuck up.

Back in the days of Van Gogh trees were often used as tombstones. That is the only help they'll give you...a cheaper burial.

NVGs don't exactly see through trees last time I checked. And blowing through several trees to catch a rebel is completely inefficient. Besides, if the rebels exit the way they came, they know the way better and are thus less likely to run into trees.

Is everyone in your "battalion" a size 5? Hiding behind a tree is something a girlfriend may be able to do but a 230 lb sack of blubber? Hardly.

Didn't Call of Duty teach you anything?

Maybe you should give it 5 seconds of thought next time.

It would be 5 seconds more than you have.

Wow. Perhaps a dose of reality for you as well? I am 6'2" and 235lbs. I hide behind trees and in bushes every time I hunt. If I can hide from a wild animal, I can certainly hide from a person.

Red_Dawn_Wolverines.gif

Being hunted. Luring the US into an ambush. Obviously, a small patrol is mince meat to a team of woodsmen or hunters armed with semi-auto hunting rifles or even bolt ones. And after a few ambushes, guess what?

The only advantage you have is that it isn't too late for you to shut the fuck up.

Back in the days of Van Gogh trees were often used as tombstones. That is the only help they'll give you...a cheaper burial.

Is everyone in your "battalion" a size 5? Hiding behind a tree is something a girlfriend may be able to do but a 230 lb sack of blubber? Hardly.

Maybe you should give it 5 seconds of thought next time.

Wow. Perhaps a dose of reality for you as well? I am 6'2" and 235lbs. I hide behind trees and in bushes every time I hunt. If I can hide from a wild animal, I can certainly hide from a person.

Oh my lord....

When the animal is hunting you the dynamic changes...

What the hell are you even talking about?
We killed crap loads of civilians during one and two,was that terrorism?

Terrorism is targeting civilians with the sole purpose of breaking the will of the people.
With the bonus of screwing up the economy.
Those wars were not applicable to the cartoonish arcade warfare you guys are talking about. For one thing, you aren't legitimate. For another thing the tactics of the allies were to oust invaders; not overthrow the legitimate government.

Sun Tsu had some thoughts on it that are summarized here (the author applies the master's teachings to our misadventure in Iraq:

Sun Tzu Quotes Pertaining to Current Events

Ambushing weapon and supply trains or blowing up rail lines and bridges would be more along the lines of true guerrilla type actions.

And you don't think that will have some adverse psychological effect on a
population that just wants you to go away or one that has no strong love of either party?

When you figure out how to wage war with zero effect to someones psyche you let me know.:cuckoo:

My point exactly.

And those who wrought terror and heartache are held responsible. In the first place, there is practically no way to surgically separate combatants from non combatants; innocent people die in warfare. In the second place those who didn't meet their end are quite pissed.

Oh my lord....

Not really. If I can hide from prey I can hide from a predator. And the prey I hide from has far better senses for detecting me.

My point was that you wade it sound as though only a slightly built girl could hide in the woods. That is patently ridiculous.

Oh my lord....

Not really. If I can hide from prey I can hide from a predator. And the prey I hide from has far better senses for detecting me.

My point was that you wade it sound as though only a slightly built girl could hide in the woods. That is patently ridiculous.

Hiding and ambushing is two different things. No one ever won a war by hiding as Osama proved. Although his goal was not to become the ruler of the USA but to just sting it in defiance.
There is no terrorist's. There is a country or maybe several funding them and this is the enemy not a group of well funded gangs.
Makes one wonder why our leadership ignores this. My mind thinks the unthinkable and if what I think has any merit then treason is afoot. So like the hangings after WW11 the evil ones need to be made an example of for the deaths of all the young boys and girls in Iraq and Afghanistan.
As Clint would say hang em high.

Oh my lord....

The "prey" isn't hunting you...a predator with business to kill you is a different matter. Especially one equipped with thermals, NGVs, helios with spotlights or hell, just the ability to burn you out of the woods if there is actually a shooting war.

In some ways guerilla warfare is much like terrorism. The difference is whether the targets are picked based on their importance or the ability to strike fear in a population.

Terrorism focuses on civilian targets for the purpose of creating fear as a political motivator. Terrorism often uses guerrilla tactics, but specific tactics are actually irrelevant to terrorism. It is the uncertainty and fear born of that uncertainty that are the goal of terrorism.

Guerrilla warfare is a specific type of tactics, especially involving hit and run attacks involving small squads. The method of deployment in Iraq, with 3 man squads using random routes can accurately be defined as guerrilla tactics.

So 1/2 of the Country is divided right now, right? How do you get the other half to believe that your murders are righteous kills?

I mean really, we're in the bizarro world here I know but hell...what are the ROE's? I recall when Mitt Romney wanted to cut 28,000 jobs which is 10% of the federal workforce. That means that the federal workforce is about 280,000 people; Roughly 8% of the nation. In other words, the DEA agent who is going to be poking around has relatives...you blow him away then what? They say, "Oh wait, we get it...daddy had to die? We're with you."

The whole enterprise is doomed from the beginning and only idiots would ever contemplate it to start with.

You live in a fantasy world.

You think because there isn't open rioting in the streets, that the nation is calm and happy, despite the virtual establishment of a police state. Despite open violation of the law by an administration with utter contempt for our Constitution, who pisses on foundational law...

As long as the nation runs fairly smoothly, as long as people have plenty to eat, warm homes, and American Idol or sports to numb them from thinking, things will continue down the tubes.

BUT this is a powder keg. A financial crises, or too much greed for power by Obama, revocation of civil rights, or any other spark, and we will erupt into civil war. No doubt you think we have harmony because your fellow parasites in the public employee unions agree that the nation is on the right track, with an ever growing public sector feeding on the blood of the diminishing private sector.

Nice....but can you do it consistently?:tongue:

It was my second shot at it, and I deliberately stopped shooting at that target after hitting it.

So, let's say I'm not real confident.

Love playing with the AR. It's got the EOtech with the g3 magnifier combo.
Cool to set up two targets and run one with the magnifier and one without.

I kept trying to hit it with my Mini-14, and never did. But the Winchester has a graduated rear sight, with positions for 25, 50, and 100 yards. I sighted the Ruger in at 50 yards.

What the hell are you even talking about?
We killed crap loads of civilians during one and two,was that terrorism?
Terrorism is targeting civilians with the sole purpose of breaking the will of the people.
With the bonus of screwing up the economy.

Ambushing weapon and supply trains or blowing up rail lines and bridges would be more along the lines of true guerrilla type actions.

Excellent point.

In legitimate terms, Dresden and Nagasaki were both acts of terrorism. Neither involve guerrilla tactics.

Oh my lord....

The "prey" isn't hunting you...a predator with business to kill you is a different matter. Especially one equipped with thermals, NGVs, helios with spotlights or hell, just the ability to burn you out of the woods if there is actually a shooting war.

NVGs and thermal scopes are available for civilians as well. As was stated earlier, the idea is to9 get away after an ambush. When the ambushees are still frazzled and unnerved, you get away.

If they burn the entire wilderness it will be great PR.

I'm not going to worry about it. I am sure that Superman would be on our side, even if Batman joins the revolution...and everybody knows that Superman can beat up Batman.

You hate thinking period. Got any NVG's? The average grunt comes equipped with them. Hiding in the woods won't save you.

Night vision goggles don't tell you everything, A shot from behind, or from the side, for example.

If you can't see what you're shooting at (i.e. at night dumb fuck), you're not going to hit something whether you're behind them or from the side. Hence the NVG. As for being in the woods--you know where you said you'd be--you're one advantage is stealth and concealment which is gone once you fire a shot so, again, at night when the better trained, better equipped, and better staffed adversaries are coming at you... yeah sure squeeze off a shot and see what the response is.

You're a fucking idiot. And yes, you're a fucking idiot in every sense of the word.

You do realize that night scopes are pretty common as are binoculars.
We use them to hunt hogs.

It was my second shot at it, and I deliberately stopped shooting at that target after hitting it.

I kept trying to hit it with my Mini-14, and never did. But the Winchester has a graduated rear sight, with positions for 25, 50, and 100 yards. I sighted the Ruger in at 50 yards.

Yeah,the mini-14 is not known for its accuracy but it is durable. A great knock around gun.

Last edited:

Yeah,the mini-14 is not known for it's accuracy but it is durable. A great knock around gun.

I had one several years ago. I loved that rifle, even if it couldn't shoot worth a damn. Great truck gun. I traded it when I decided I wasn't keeping a rifle that wouldn't shoot accurately.

Yeah,the mini-14 is not known for it's accuracy but it is durable. A great knock around gun.

I had one several years ago. I loved that rifle, even if it couldn't shoot worth a damn. Great truck gun. I traded it when I decided I wasn't keeping a rifle that wouldn't shoot accurately.

See, my Ranch Rifle is very accurate. I have it sighted for 50 yards, and I can hit anything with it, at 50 yards. I suspect that if I sighted it in for 100, it would do fine. .223 is a good round, I'm just not good at compensating for drop.

Forum List

Back