The ABC debate moderators were debating on behalf of Harris

American Eagle

Platinum Member
May 12, 2024
I skimmed the debate, but I noticed a couple/three times where the moderators interjected on behalf of Harris. One time was the guy moderator saying ABC called the Springfield Ohio city manager.

Since when do debate moderators perform the job of a debater? If Harris handlers thought Trump was going to discuss dog eating, then it's their job to research that and craft a rebuttal.

The moderator's job is not debating. The moderator's job is not intercession. The job of a debate moderator is to ask questions and guide the debate within the rules.

I skimmed the debate, but I noticed a couple/three times where the moderators interjected on behalf of Harris. One time was the guy moderator saying ABC called the Springfield Ohio city manager.

Since when do debate moderators perform the job of a debater? If Harris handlers thought Trump was going to discuss dog eating, then it's their job to research that and craft a rebuttal.

The moderator's job is not debating. The moderator's job is not intercession. The job of a debate moderator is to ask questions and guide the debate within the rules.
The firehose of falsehoods the dirty Don spreads was unheard of heretofore in American politics. Good for the moderators.

Because Kamala is too STUPID to do a debate without moderator involvement.

The CNN moderators actually caring enough to appear neutral apparently didn't sit well with the ABC moderators. There was a reason TRUMP! didn't want to go on ABC in the first place, and the fact that so many are talking about glaring bias is telling.

Falsehoods or not--it is the job of the opposing debater to address it. Not the debate moderator.
She did respond to the ridiculously false claim. At least the moderator was polite about it. He should have told The Dirty Don he was full of shit.

The firehose of falsehoods the dirty Don spreads was unheard of heretofore in American politics. Good for the moderators.
It's not a moderator's role to fact-check candidates -- especially when it is one-sided. It's their role to ask questions, create a conversation between the candidates and, well, moderate the time and rabbit-trails.

It's not a moderator's role to fact-check candidates -- especially when it is one-sided. It's their role to ask questions, create a conversation between the candidates and, well, moderate the time and rabbit-trails.
Such a ridiculous lie needed to be addressed. What about the plethora of other more standard lies they let Benedict Donald away with?

Such a ridiculous lie needed to be addressed. What about the plethora of other more standard lies they let Benedict Donald away with?
Claims are to be addressed by the other debater, not the moderator. If they are so "ridiculous," then the opposing debater should have no problem addressing them.

Even hardcore Trump haters can't deny the obvious bias in the questions, and the constant focus on Trump and away from Kamala.

I give CNN an "A" for their moderation. I give ABC an "F" for theirs. I hope boycotting that station from viewers will let them see their wicked ways....

This wasn't a debate, it was a staged ambush. Fake Dem moderators did the same thing to Romney during his debate with Obama, while Obama stood there silently and smirked while the fake debate moderators did his work for him.

Apparently the moderators felt she didn't.
Where in the rules for this debate does it say that moderators can't address false and abusive claims by a candidate, that they have to let a candidate abuse people with lies like Benedict Donald did?

Why didn't they challenge Harris with her non-answer answers (especially the first question on the economy) or her misinformation / disinformation rehearsed lines she repeated?

Where in the rules for this debate does it say that moderators can't address false and abusive claims by a candidate, that they have to let a candidate abuse people with lies like Benedict Donald did?
THe issue is when they only "fact-check" one candidate and not the other.

Forum List

Back