The Air Force Gets it Right on Same-sex Marriage

A certificate of appreciation is not an endorsement of marriage

fine, it they want to be legally married for benefits/etc--ok--but that doesn't mean it's religiously ok
it's not abusing their rights if some people don't accept their ''marriage'' as valid
I was never accepted into the NBA--maybe I should file a discrimination/rights abuse complaint

He is obligated to follow the law
which law
Laws allowing same sex marriage
The Air Force allowed the man to follow his religious RIGHTS and found someone who agreed to sign the appreciation. No one was harmed and everyone is happy. You don't like that?

Was this certificate signed by someone who had authority to sign it and was the spouse appropriately honored? I found nothing in this article to suggest that this took place and the airman's spouse was not slighted.

Also, people need to spell out WHICH Christian sect/denomination this Bohannon follows. Otherwise it sounds like all Christians feel the same about this issue, which is a lie.

which law
The Air Force allowed the man to follow his religious RIGHTS and found someone who agreed to sign the appreciation. No one was harmed and everyone is happy. You don't like that?

Was this certificate signed by someone who had authority to sign it and was the spouse appropriately honored? I found nothing in this article to suggest that this took place and the airman's spouse was not slighted.

Also, people need to spell out WHICH Christian sect/denomination this Bohannon follows. Otherwise it sounds like all Christians feel the same about this issue, which is a lie.
All that matters is this Christian believes the Biblical definition of marriage, which is his Constitutional right.

which law

All that matters is this Christian believes the Biblical definition of marriage, which is his Constitutional right.

No. That is definitely NOT all that matters. What matters EQUALLY is whether or not this airman and his husband received the honors due at this event.

The problem with you "Christian" types is that you think that you are the only ones who count and deserve special rules.

That said, to which sect/denomination does this guy belong? Not all Christians are into this sort of thing, and use of the generic term "Christian" makes it appear to the public that all adherents of the Christian faith would endorse this sort of behavior.

What I find most disturbing is that this guy was a commander and then general. Should we now worry that people placed in high-level vital military jobs will subordinate the conduct of their official duties to the dictates of whatever religion they happen to be? The idea that every service member has a Constitutional right to refuse to do something s/he doesn't want to do opens up a whole new can of worms.

And I remember the days that conscientious objects were jailed or forced to flee to Canadia, and this was back in the days when people were involuntarily conscripted. No one mollycoddled them.

which law

No. That is definitely NOT all that matters. What matters EQUALLY is whether or not this airman and his husband received the honors due at this event.

The problem with you "Christian" types is that you think that you are the only ones who count and deserve special rules.

That said, to which sect/denomination does this guy belong? Not all Christians are into this sort of thing, and use of the generic term "Christian" makes it appear to the public that all adherents of the Christian faith would endorse this sort of behavior.

What I find most disturbing is that this guy was a commander and then general. Should we now worry that people placed in high-level vital military jobs will subordinate the conduct of their official duties to the dictates of whatever religion they happen to be? The idea that every service member has a Constitutional right to refuse to do something s/he doesn't want to do opens up a whole new can of worms.

And I remember the days that conscientious objects were jailed or forced to flee to Canadia, and this was back in the days when people were involuntarily conscripted. No one mollycoddled them.

This is a reason we can’t have these religious accommodation laws

It goes beyond participation in a wedding
Beyond refusal to provide anything that can be used in that wedding

Now, we have an Airforce official refusing to acknowledge the contributions and accomplishments of a person just because they are in a same sex marriage

This is a reason we can’t have these religious accommodation laws

It goes beyond participation in a wedding
Beyond refusal to provide anything that can be used in that wedding

Now, we have an Airforce official refusing to acknowledge the contributions and accomplishments of a person just because they are in a same sex marriage
Well, that's one narrow minded way of looking at it. The Air Force chose to not to punish the American citizen who is a Christian. No one got their rights trampled on. No one was forced to do something they didn't believe in. Once again a few posters here proved my point. It's not about rights. It's about forcing the Christian to submit. Go to hell.

I agree. Laws can be amended and changed. The way this was handled bother you?

We do not operate the laws according to the bible, remember separation of church and state, the Col should of been suspended and fired.
Remember the Constitution and "free exercise thereof"?

Your freedom stops when it encroaches on another's freedom.

We go by the Constitution not the bible. You want to live in a theology , move.

Forum List

Back