The approaching California catastrophe.

Whatever California does, it is up to their voters. I hope they get it figured out soon, taxing more and more isn’t the answer, it stymies growth and innovation, it hurts the working middle class more than any other class.

Nice place to visit, beautiful parks, great variety, but with all their issues, I would never move there,
Then please explain how California is the fourth largest ecomnomy in the world. No republican ran state comes close to Californias economy, facts are so inconveniant for idot righties aren't they! Silly little twit

List of U.S. states and territories by GDP - Wikipedia
U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2017, by state | Statistic
US States GDP at market prices 2018
Putting America's enormous $19.4T economy into perspective by comparing US state GDPs to entire countries - AEI

It is not the fourth largest economy of the world, it is part of the largest economy of the world, even without California the United States is by far the largest in the world.

California has a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit, no other state except New York comes close, whether ran by Democrats or Republicans. When you have the largest population in the US, of course you have a larger economy, that stands to reason.

It’s seem facts are inconvenient to you also. Love the insult at the end, it tells me of the childish mentality I am dealing with. If you love California, good for you, I am not going to live there, I like where I live and if I ever move, California will not be on my list, as it is ranked 45th out of 50 on best states to retire to.

Whatever California does, it is up to their voters. I hope they get it figured out soon, taxing more and more isn’t the answer, it stymies growth and innovation, it hurts the working middle class more than any other class.

Nice place to visit, beautiful parks, great variety, but with all their issues, I would never move there,
Then please explain how California is the fourth largest ecomnomy in the world. No republican ran state comes close to Californias economy, facts are so inconveniant for idot righties aren't they! Silly little twit

Putting America's enormous $19.4T economy into perspective by comparing US state GDPs to entire countries - AEI

It is not the fourth largest economy of the world, it is part of the largest economy of the world, even without California the United States is by far the largest in the world.

California has a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit, no other state except New York comes close, whether ran by Democrats or Republicans. When you have the largest population in the US, of course you have a larger economy, that stands to reason.

It’s seem facts are inconvenient to you also. Love the insult at the end, it tells me of the childish mentality I am dealing with. If you love California, good for you, I am not going to live there, I like where I live and if I ever move, California will not be on my list, as it is ranked 45th out of 50 on best states to retire to.
Our minimum wage is scheduled to go up to fifteen dollars an hour, gradually. Higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

A goal is to improve GDP per capita.

You are full of shit! Big fat fucking mouth running with no back up. We are supposed to take your word for it. Not here buddy, ignore facts and run your big fat fucking mouth like the typical uneducated rightie. Look at those stats and see where republican ran states stand. In the shit hole is where but just continue to ignore this,dumb fuck! idiots like are running the country into the ground. You claim a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit yet not back up. Here is the real story dumb fuck!
Does California have a surplus of nearly ‘$30 billion'?
About That Giant California Budget Surplus
'Extraordinary' $30 Billion Budget Surplus Will Greet Incoming Gov. Newsom - Times of San Diego
Jerry Brown's Legacy: A $6.1 Billion Budget Surplus in California

You are full of shit! Big fat fucking mouth running with no back up. We are supposed to take your word for it. Not here buddy, ignore facts and run your big fat fucking mouth like the typical uneducated rightie. Look at those stats and see where republican ran states stand. In the shit hole is where but just continue to ignore this,dumb fuck! idiots like are running the country into the ground. You claim a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit yet not back up. Here is the real story dumb fuck!
'Extraordinary' $30 Billion Budget Surplus Will Greet Incoming Gov. Newsom - Times of San Diego
Modern infrastructure for modern times; it should also help green our economy and environment!

And, improve the efficiency of our economy.

Last edited:
Why are Republican so concerned about California when they have Appalachia. Most of it a sh!t hole that’s nearly as big as California.
And they vote mostly Republican. Even as Republicans take away their healthcare calling it healthcare freedom.
It's really California-envy.

For those of us in California it's called suffering.

I own two properties in California and I'm not suffering.

My Mother, Brother and his family, my two sons all live in California and aren't suffering. It must be you!

Yea, pretty sure you don't want to get into a pissing contest....you'll lose.

California has massive debt and I said 1.3 trillion and you claim I said 1.5 trillion, and actually 1.5 trillion is closer to the right number, I'm guessing you found that number on a few websites, that is where you came up with the number.

California’s massive debt should caution against big spending – Orange County Register

Debt per capita by state. Notice all the red states with less capita. Where Does Your State Stand on State & Local Debt Per Capita? | Tax Foundation

Unsustainable is where California's debt is at. The Top Four Reasons California Is Unsustainable

Also, your story about the California surplus, it show that the governor of California wants to use 10 billion of that to help pay down California's debt. The surplus in good economic times helps, however they raised taxes to create that surplus which as you know hurts the working class and creates more stress for them. Big difference between a budget surplus and overall debt.

I don't know of any state in the US to be a "shithole" as you call it. Each state has positives and negatives.

Modern infrastructure for modern times; it should also help green our economy and environment!

California has huge infrastructure issues due to their growth.
Forbes has a good article on it. The Top Four Reasons California Is Unsustainable

Forbes has a good article on it. The Top Four Reasons California Is Unsustainable
Upgrading infrastructure should be an ongoing priority. It should function as another "automatic stabilizer" for our economy.

Upgrading infrastructure should be an ongoing priority. It should function as another "automatic stabilizer" for our economy.

Running at a deficit, good luck with that.

Running at a deficit, good luck with that.
beats wasting the Other Peoples' tax monies on alleged wars.

infrastructure spending is local and creates more demand in any local economy.

Unless I missed it, Forbes glossed-over the effects of prop 13. As an example, my Mothers house on the beach in Southern California has been appraised at $4.9M, with a property tax bill of $1200.00/yr.

Why are Republican so concerned about California when they have Appalachia. Most of it a sh!t hole that’s nearly as big as California.
And they vote mostly Republican. Even as Republicans take away their healthcare calling it healthcare freedom.

Yea, no, we call it freedom from Obamacare which was certainly not healthcare.
Republicans have no excuse for not expanding Medicaid for under 130 percent of the poverty line. Great job. 75 % of those on the exchanges get healthcare for less than $100 a month, and you idiots are bitching. Brainwashed functional morons.... and bringing down the cost rise curve....

Yup they get healthcare for $100 a month on the exchange and everybody else in America has to pay to subsidize their Health care costs. The Affordable Care Act was never affordable it was just an ACT :no_text11::thankusmile:

I think you meant Mosques.

I am from the hills and had to leave to find some prosperity. No excuse for the place. Worst bunch of self-saboteurs I have ever seen.

I thought you people love poor people?
Isn’t Appalachia made up of folks content with being poor?
Isn’t the crime rate in Appalachia half that of the national average?
Doesn’t much of the Appalachian population come from Loon York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia?
I'm from Alabama, been watching them get buttraped all my life by holier than thou conservative assholes who cover their inequity with God and patriotism.

Buttraped like little boys in wetback churches?
Or, was that a figure of speech as in the system fucking over its people?

As in $1,200 a year? On a 4.9 Million dollar home on the coast?

That’s insane.

Unless I missed it, Forbes glossed-over the effects of prop 13. As an example, my Mothers house on the beach in Southern California has been appraised at $4.9M, with a property tax bill of $1200.00/yr.

ONE THIRD of all American welfare recipients live in California. The Leftist Utopia.

Not to mention, California has the worst "Inequality" problem of any state.

What more needs to be said?
20% of Californians are illegal aliens.

It’s considered one of the worst places to start a business in and evidently also the worst place to start a high speed rail in.

tenor.gif

The property tax in California is 1% of the homes value, so it think you are telling another lie, which is no surprise.

As in $1,200 a year? On a 4.9 Million dollar home on the coast?

That’s insane.

The tax rate is 1% of the properties value, either her house is really valued at $1.2 or he is out and out lying which is also in the realm of possibility.

It's really California-envy.

For those of us in California it's called suffering.

I own two properties in California and I'm not suffering.

My Mother, Brother and his family, my two sons all live in California and aren't suffering. It must be you!

Thanks El Crappo! Do you lease one of them to illegal immigrants! You really should . You could pack like 30 of them into a nice 4 bedroom. Charge 200 bucks a head. I'm sure some of your neighbors would be willing to do the same. You could get rich and fulfill your humanitarian Socialist dream at the same time . HAHAHAHAHAHA! :fu:

Forum List

Back