The battle for the soul of America.

disagreement and debate, including ferocious disagreements and unsettling debates, are the landmark of America...and what makes it exceptional in the world

America is the world's only true democracy...until Trump came along!

Asking a black man to pass by a statue honoring someone that fought to keep his ancestors in slavery as he goes to the courthouse to pay his taxes is wrong.

Just because "historically" we did it does not make it right.

Wow.

Along those same lines. . .

You could almost imagine being an educated pro-life pregnant woman having to walk past or drive past an abortion clinic on her way to her doctors office to safeguard her own pregnancy.

If that ever happened but it hasn't maybe but then again, we are not speaking private places.

Do you teach other leftardz about how to dodge points as well as you do?

I directly addressed your totally made up irrelevant point.

No.

You dodged it by CALLING it made up and irrelevant.

It was made up. Pregnant women aren't at risk by walking by an abortion clinic and like I said, this argument is about something in the public square. Not something that a private business does.

You want to put a statue of Robert E Lee in the front window of your business, go for it.

Annnnd. . . . .

Blacks are not "at risk" by walking past an old statue to pay their fucking taxes, either.

Dumbass.

You would have had a far better argument to note how offended many are to have to fund abortion with their taxes. In that case I would agree with you.
Either pay a little for the abortion or a lot for welfare over 18 years
Or neither and expect people to live with the consequences of their actions. I concept foreign to your ilk.

Author should have given a shoutout to this guy for stealing his line.
BTW, GREAT read!

jon-meach.png

My favorite quote by Thomas Jefferson:
"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself."
Thomas Jefferson

Asking a black man to pass by a statue honoring someone that fought to keep his ancestors in slavery as he goes to the courthouse to pay his taxes is wrong.

such bullshit. In New Orleans we have had a statue of Lee on Lee circle for over a hundred years, hundreds of thousands of blacks and whites have passed that statue every day and no one ever claimed to be offended until last year. What changed? Now the statue is gone, is the city better? is the crime rate down? are the potholes fixed? is the flooding stopped? Who is better off because a statue is gone? the covid shutdown and our incompetent mayor have damaged this city much more than any statue.

sure, there are some bad things in our history, but to pretend that they never happened is to risk repeating them. We need to learn from history, not try to rewrite it using today's perceptions of right and wrong.

The preservation of the spirit of foundation was successfully realised in the Constitution of the United States.

But arguably left in the dusty path on our way to becoming an empire much like the one we left

View attachment 396931
~S~
America is not an empire.
what would you like to call America then Unkotare?

~S~

I "like to call" my country what it is, and not what it is not.

Wow.

You could almost imagine being an educated pro-life pregnant woman having to walk past or drive past an abortion clinic on her way to her doctors office to safeguard her own pregnancy.

If that ever happened but it hasn't maybe but then again, we are not speaking private places.

No.

It was made up. Pregnant women aren't at risk by walking by an abortion clinic and like I said, this argument is about something in the public square. Not something that a private business does.

You want to put a statue of Robert E Lee in the front window of your business, go for it.

Annnnd. . . . .

Blacks are not "at risk" by walking past an old statue to pay their fucking taxes, either.

Dumbass.

You would have had a far better argument to note how offended many are to have to fund abortion with their taxes. In that case I would agree with you.

Typical democrat attitude toward human life.

This sense of America as an experiment was also well expressed by Ralph Waldo Emerson, in his famous address on “The American Scholar” in 1837, when he complained that “we have listened too long to the courtly muses of Europe.” By speaking of “courtly” muses, Emerson wished to remind his listeners of the fiercely anti-monarchical and anti-aristocratic premises undergirding American political life. But the thrust of his remarks went deeper. It urged would-be American writers to find their own way, and treat their European heritage not as a sacred legacy but as an exploitable (and dispensable) resource. And in a different but complementary way, the influential American historian Frederick Jackson Turner propounded a theory of American origins that discounted the “germs” of European culture, and instead found the genius of American democracy arising directly out of the life of the American frontier. Either of these views was likely to lend considerable support to the idea of America as a land of experiment: an ever-unfolding enterprise that was not tied down to any enduring principles or precepts or institutions drawn from the past, but was instead committed to an understanding of human life as open-ended improvisation and unfettered exploration, a perpetual trial-and-error undertaking.

Wow.

No.

Annnnd. . . . .

Dumbass.

Typical democrat attitude toward human life.

As opposed to paying nothing for abortion and nothing over the next 18 years.

As opposed to forcing poor people who get pregnant to carry unwanted fetuses to term. Despite all the decades of divisive blather it still boils down to an exceedingly simple "choice":

Don't like abortion? Don't have one!

As opposed to forcing poor people who get pregnant to carry unwanted fetuses to term. Despite all the decades of divisive blather it still boils down to an exceedingly simple "choice":

Don't like abortion? Don't have one!

Leftists love slogans, but they don’t love honesty.

What they really mean to say is: “Don’t like children? Kill one!”

Shameless, irresponsible fucking ghouls.

The primary purpose of statues is to note history, not necessarily to promote history.

They are put there as an honor. Museums are places we note history or history books.

Those Spaniards were some raping murderous motherF’ers.
They were some slave owning crazies and they destroyed the Aztec empire, yet we have statues of Conquistadors and Spanish Missions all over America and not one Democrat has complained about the feelings they may hurt...Weird huh?
Just curious to see why Democrats haven’t found a way to use this yet?

Forum List

Back