The battle for the soul of America.

Between 2011 and 2017, the U.S. abortion landscape changed significantly. As documented by the Guttmacher Institute’s periodic abortion provider census, all the main measures of abortion declined, including the number of abortions, the abortion rate and the abortion ratio.1,2 The declines are part of trends that go back decades.

• The number of abortions fell by 196,000—a 19% decline from 1,058,000 abortions in 2011 to 862,000 abortions in 2017.1,2
  • The abortion rate (the number of abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44) fell by 20%, from 16.9 in 2011 to 13.5 in 2017.
  • The abortion ratio (the number of abortions per 100 pregnancies ending in either abortion or live birth) fell 13%, from 21.2 in 2011 to 18.4 in 2017.

If that's what you really believe then no wonder we all think you are stupid. Hard to talk with someone who's thinking is that fucked up.

Typical logic-free democrat excuse for an actual argument.

As opposed to forcing poor people who get pregnant to carry unwanted fetuses to term. Despite all the decades of divisive blather it still boils down to an exceedingly simple "choice":

Don't like abortion? Don't have one!

Leftists love slogans, but they don’t love honesty.

What they really mean to say is: “Don’t like children? Kill one!”

Shameless, irresponsible fucking ghouls.
It's not a slogan. If you don't like abortion, don't have one. ...

It is a hackneyed old democrat slogan meant to gloss over a moral outrage.

If that's what you really believe then no wonder we all think you are stupid. Hard to talk with someone who's thinking is that fucked up.
I don't think he's stupid. Disagree on this issue for sure, but I often find myself agreeing with him otherwise. Different strokes..

As opposed to forcing poor people who get pregnant to carry unwanted fetuses to term. Despite all the decades of divisive blather it still boils down to an exceedingly simple "choice":

We all know abortion is a necessary evil. Consider how this is a supposed Christian nation and we legalized abortion.

And to see how far right Republicans have gone, it was Nixon a Republican president who ruled when abortion was made legal. And he knew there were times when abortion was necessary. Like when a black man knocks up a white woman. Yes, he said that. Look it up.

Now me, I don't think someone should abort just because the daddy is black. Poor, yes. Black no.
In a few years it will be non issue. The day after pill will make abortions very rare. They haven't caught on yet but they will.
It would be nice to have a pill to stop a pregnancy the same way you get rid of a headache. If you wake up after a night of drinking take a tylonol. If you wake up after a night of sex, have the morning after pill.

Between 2011 and 2017, the U.S. abortion landscape changed significantly. As documented by the Guttmacher Institute’s periodic abortion provider census, all the main measures of abortion declined, including the number of abortions, the abortion rate and the abortion ratio.1,2 The declines are part of trends that go back decades.

• The number of abortions fell by 196,000—a 19% decline from 1,058,000 abortions in 2011 to 862,000 abortions in 2017.1,2
  • The abortion rate (the number of abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44) fell by 20%, from 16.9 in 2011 to 13.5 in 2017.
  • The abortion ratio (the number of abortions per 100 pregnancies ending in either abortion or live birth) fell 13%, from 21.2 in 2011 to 18.4 in 2017.
There was a time when you could get an abortion in any city in Alabama. Today they have 2 abortion clinics in Alabama. Some poor women without cars can't get to the clinic anymore. So they are having the baby. Good for them. Not so good for us taxpayers.

We all know abortion is a necessary evil. Consider how this is a supposed Christian nation and we legalized abortion.

And to see how far right Republicans have gone, it was Nixon a Republican president who ruled when abortion was made legal. And he knew there were times when abortion was necessary. Like when a black man knocks up a white woman. Yes, he said that. Look it up.

Now me, I don't think someone should abort just because the daddy is black. Poor, yes. Black no.
In a few years it will be non issue. The day after pill will make abortions very rare. They haven't caught on yet but they will.
It would be nice to have a pill to stop a pregnancy the same way you get rid of a headache. If you wake up after a night of drinking take a tylonol. If you wake up after a night of sex, have the morning after pill.
You don't take Tylenol if you have been drinking. It causes liver cancer. Says it right on the bottle.

I don't think he's stupid. Disagree on this issue for sure, but I often find myself agreeing with him otherwise. Different strokes..

This is what he said to you. You find this post intelligent?

www.mayoclinic.org › about › pac-20394730

Jun 19, 2020 - The morning-after pill is a type of emergency birth control (contraception). Emergency contraception is used to prevent pregnancy for women who've had unprotected sex or whose birth control method has failed. The morning-after pill is intended for backup contraception only, not as a primary method of birth control.

www.mayoclinic.org › about › pac-20394730

Jun 19, 2020 - The morning-after pill is a type of emergency birth control (contraception). Emergency contraception is used to prevent pregnancy for women who've had unprotected sex or whose birth control method has failed. The morning-after pill is intended for backup contraception only, not as a primary method of birth control.
Have you seen those commercials for the medication gays can take to prevent them from getting aids?

I'm aware. Yes, purely reactive. Not intelligent. Emotional. Same as flack's response to my last post to her. Yet I see them both as capable of being rational when they don't feel cornered or triggered. Depends on the issue, I suppose.

Don't like children, don't get pregnant.

There was a time when you could get an abortion in any city in Alabama. Today they have 2 abortion clinics in Alabama. Some poor women without cars can't get to the clinic anymore. So they are having the baby. Good for them. Not so good for us taxpayers.
Why not stop paying people to have kids they can't afford.

I'm aware. Yes, purely reactive. Not intelligent. Emotional. Same as flack's response to my last post to her. Yet I see them both as capable of being rational when they don't feel cornered or triggered. Depends on the issue, I suppose.
Let’s see. I haven’t seen thoughtful and engaging from him.

... purely reactive. Not intelligent. Emotional.....

And you honestly think "Don't like abortion? Don't have one! " is rational? Hint: It's not.
It’s the fact. There are many women who have opted to not birth a child just because it wasn’t the right time and she didn’t want it. That’s it. End of discussion. Doesn’t matter what you think is murder. Doesn’t matter how many abortions she has had. None of your business and you shouldn’t legislate your morality on us. But that’s exactly what the religious right is doing. Pushing their sharia type laws on us. State by state republicans are making it harder to get an abortion. If women vote for it and support anti choice who am I to tell them how to vote.

Women should realize the Republican Party is doing this to them but they are sneaky and starting first in red states but I bet you even michigan has implemented anti abortion legislation back when rick Snyder was governor

Let’s see. I haven’t seen thoughtful and engaging from him.
He speaks up against racist BS for one thing. That counts for a lot in my book.

you shouldn’t legislate your morality on us. But that’s exactly what the religious right is doing. Pushing their sharia type laws on us. State by state republicans are making it harder to get an abortion.
They're well aware of that last bit. Abortion could continue decreasing all the way to zero and they'd still keep ranting and raving about it. Not sure who you meant by "us" but, for starters, women must worry about it. Men needn't so should have no say in related legislation. Also, I wouldn't use the phrase "sharia type laws."
Within Islamic discourse, šarīʿah refers to religious regulations governing the lives of Muslims.[25] For many Muslims, the word means simply "justice," and they will consider any law that promotes justice and social welfare to conform to Sharia.[4]

Jan Michiel Otto distinguishes four senses conveyed by the term sharia in religious, legal and political discourse:
{- More -}

Why not stop paying people to have kids they can't afford.
I do love republicans tough approach to welfare. You better really need it and when you get it, it ain’t that much.

My neighbor got so fat and has other problems so she’s on disability. She gets $1200 a month and then she has to pay around $500 for healthcare so that leaves her with $700 for rent and everything else. I don’t know how she’s going to make it. She may have to move in to her brothers basement.

Forum List

Back