The Big Anti-Cop Lie.

" In 2013, blacks made up 42 percent of all cop killers whose race was known, even though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population. The percentage of black suspects killed by the police nationally is 29 percent lower than the percentage of blacks mortally threatening them."

Wow... that conservative math :eusa_doh:
It's actually not even advanced math, yet it seems to be completely beyond progressive nutbags. No wonder you guys think communism is a viable economic plan.

It isn't any sort of math. She takes a figure of 42% (which as noted earlier, is NOWHERE in the data cited) which if true would amount to 11.34 total police officers (!!!) and subtracts 13% of US population, or 42,108,000 total persons (!!!) and somehow comes to the conclusion that the difference between 11.34 and 42,108,000 somehow equals 29% (!!!!!)

Either she is completely mentally challenged, OR she is deliberately trying to deceive an obviously gullible readership.

In actuality, there were 14 high-profile shootings of unarmed African Americans in 2014 alone, which is 2.66 total persons more than the figure 11.34 total persons cited (perhaps erroneously) in the OP for number of police killed by African Americans.

Unarmed People of Color Killed by Police 1999-2014

Lol...progressive math. It's funny to even think of it.

So, are you going to tell me that you believe that the difference between 11 and 42,108,000 equals 29%? You are actually going to stick to that?

Edited to add: and that assumes that the 42% figure is accurate, for the sake of discussion

I never said that, silly.

But carry on, lol.

I've lived in this country and never had a cop pull a gun on me. I've also never been arrested or committed an offense worthy of arrest. I wonder if there might be a connection here....

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

Stop breaking the law and acting like a criminal and the cops will stop pulling guns on you.

I've never been arrested or committed such an offense either. That would be actual law enforcement, and not what I was talking about.

But I have been jumped by guys who pulled guns on me who turned out to be cops (they never identifiied, I had to figure that out on my own) for the "crime" of walking home. Or if you like the crime of BTOPA -- Being the Only Person Around. That's all it takes.

Good thing I don't follow the advice of the gun nuts on this forum -- had I been packing to "protect" myself while these plainclothes rubes jumped out of a plain white Oldsmobile, I suspect at least one of us would have been dead. If not more.

You did one of two things. You were involved in crime or you hung out with people involved in crime. I grew up hanging out with Christians and other kids who kept out of trouble. I didn't associate myself with people the cops would pull a gun on. I don't for a second believe your story of being held at gunpoint just for walking down the street by yourself.

Wrong. What I did was I spaced out on the trolley coming home from work, and missed my stop and had to walk back two blocks. Had I not missed my stop I wouldn't have been there when these goons came up the street, and they would have picked up somebody else. With who knows what results. And I was alone, not "hanging out" with anyone.

If you think that simplistic scenario you laid out above is actually the way the world works look around and see if the people around you are named Ward and June Cleaver.

Your story stretches credulity. It's not that crazy things can't happen, it's that they're unlikely. Yes, law abiding citizens can get a gun pulled on them by the cops in some freak scenario, but in nearly every case, the person having the gun pulled on them is not a law abiding citizen or is hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Go fuck yourself then.

You're getting a little touchy. What I said was fact. Lots of people involved in crime have no idea why the police are "out to get them" and don the persecution mantel, but the truth is, negative police contacts are highly unlikely unless you're doing something wrong or are in the wrong place. If you think that the cops just have a hard on for you, then you might want to get help with that.

Wow... that conservative math :eusa_doh:
It's actually not even advanced math, yet it seems to be completely beyond progressive nutbags. No wonder you guys think communism is a viable economic plan.

It isn't any sort of math. She takes a figure of 42% (which as noted earlier, is NOWHERE in the data cited) which if true would amount to 11.34 total police officers (!!!) and subtracts 13% of US population, or 42,108,000 total persons (!!!) and somehow comes to the conclusion that the difference between 11.34 and 42,108,000 somehow equals 29% (!!!!!)

Either she is completely mentally challenged, OR she is deliberately trying to deceive an obviously gullible readership.

In actuality, there were 14 high-profile shootings of unarmed African Americans in 2014 alone, which is 2.66 total persons more than the figure 11.34 total persons cited (perhaps erroneously) in the OP for number of police killed by African Americans.

So, are you going to tell me that you believe that the difference between 11 and 42,108,000 equals 29%? You are actually going to stick to that?

Edited to add: and that assumes that the 42% figure is accurate, for the sake of discussion

But carry on, lol.

So you admit that the math in the article was complete bunk?

I've never been black but I can't remember a time in my entire life when cops in general were not a constant adversarial source of conflict who have often harassed without cause and even pulled guns on me.

Oh wait, I take that back, I can remember such times -- whenever I left the country.

It's funny, John Gacy. I'm not white or black and no cop has ever pulled a gun on me and you say it happened to you repeatedly. Did it ever occur to you that the cops might not be the problem?

No, but when I lived abroad and found all that shit disappeared -- even while I was an "undocumented worker" --- it did occur to me what the actual root of the problem was. You're welcome.

I've lived in this country and never had a cop pull a gun on me. I've also never been arrested or committed an offense worthy of arrest. I wonder if there might be a connection here....

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

Stop breaking the law and acting like a criminal and the cops will stop pulling guns on you.

I've never been arrested or committed such an offense either. That would be actual law enforcement, and not what I was talking about.

But I have been jumped by guys who pulled guns on me who turned out to be cops (they never identifiied, I had to figure that out on my own) for the "crime" of walking home. Or if you like the crime of BTOPA -- Being the Only Person Around. That's all it takes.

Good thing I don't follow the advice of the gun nuts on this forum -- had I been packing to "protect" myself while these plainclothes rubes jumped out of a plain white Oldsmobile, I suspect at least one of us would have been dead. If not more.

Theres a solid chance that those guys...werent cops. Badges and ID cards get stolen and counterfeitied often. Its a fairly common occurrence for crooks to steal or counterfeit a few badges...then go rob people or get revenge on an enemy and pose as cops.

So...if they jumped you for no reason...didnt arrest you....those were possibly people impersonating officers looking to rob someone.

They did frisk me, but I had been mugged a few days before and was traveling without a wallet. Oh that pissed 'em off. And I quote, "WHAT THE FUCK YOU DOING WALKING AROUND WITHOUT ID?!?" I was thought (but did not voice), "I didn't know we were living in FUCKING CZECHOSLOVAKIA, Asshole".

Their car did have a police radio in it. And of course the handcuffs they put me in. I asked them once we were in the car and driving to parts unknown what exactly was going on here. The younger one with the ID attitude turned around and snapped 'WE'RE TRYING TO SOLVE A FUCKING HOMICIDE, IS THAT OK WITH YOU?" Whereupon they took me down the street I had just came up on the trolley to a bar where someone had apparently just been shot. Not a place I had ever seen or heard of. They brought out an eyewitness who took one look at me and declared I didn't look at all remotely like the perp he saw. Not even close. They took me halfway up the street to a deserted area before they took the handcuffs off.

While looking around for clues in the car, I saw an insignia on one of the guy's shoulders that read "Philadelphia Highway Pagtrol", an entity that, despite being a native Philadelphian I had never heard of nor had anyone else. But since Al Gore invented the Internet I've found it on Google. It's kind of a secret city police.

So I have to conclude they were cops. They just never identified who they were. I thought they had to. Apparently not. Which begs the question, if two guys in plain clothes jump you and don't identify as cops and you shoot them --- who's at fault?

I'm very experienced in not having any negative contacts with law enforcement because I obey the law and I associate with others who obey the law too. Yes, that qualifies me to comment on those who think they're persecuted by the police because they involve themselves in the criminal element.

I haven't involved myself with the criminal element, but I have gotten off of work in the middle of the night, and I have driven shabby looking cars. Either of those is enough to garner police harassment in this country.

My first car was a beat up Chevy Sprint that I always drove under the speed limit and obeyed all traffic laws. No negative law enforcement contact.

Funny how that works.

what city do you live in?

The fuck I'm going to tell you that.

that's fine. did you live in a city at the time you drove said Chevy Sprint?

Yes, I've always lived in cities.

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

You did one of two things. You were involved in crime or you hung out with people involved in crime. I grew up hanging out with Christians and other kids who kept out of trouble. I didn't associate myself with people the cops would pull a gun on. I don't for a second believe your story of being held at gunpoint just for walking down the street by yourself.

So due to your lack of experience about a subject, you have a basis to form conclusions about that subject?

I have never tried to swim across the alligator infested lake near me. Some have...and got bitten. One lost an arm. One even died.

Is it wrong for me to call them stupid...or say they brought it on themselves. ...since ive never swam in gator waters?

And this has what to do with our discussion? We're talking about why you seem to have run ins with the police whereas I don't. I'm not even white and the police have never bothered me. Could it be that police respond to behavior and not race?

thinking-023.GIF

I meant to respond to him. He seemed to imply that people who havent been "harrassed" by cops cant comment on it. I disagreed....and agree with you that following the law and avoiding bad company nearly guarantees no problems with cops.

Wrong. What I did was I spaced out on the trolley coming home from work, and missed my stop and had to walk back two blocks. Had I not missed my stop I wouldn't have been there when these goons came up the street, and they would have picked up somebody else. With who knows what results. And I was alone, not "hanging out" with anyone.

If you think that simplistic scenario you laid out above is actually the way the world works look around and see if the people around you are named Ward and June Cleaver.

Your story stretches credulity. It's not that crazy things can't happen, it's that they're unlikely. Yes, law abiding citizens can get a gun pulled on them by the cops in some freak scenario, but in nearly every case, the person having the gun pulled on them is not a law abiding citizen or is hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Go fuck yourself then.

You're getting a little touchy. What I said was fact. Lots of people involved in crime have no idea why the police are "out to get them" and don the persecution mantel, but the truth is, negative police contacts are highly unlikely unless you're doing something wrong or are in the wrong place. If you think that the cops just have a hard on for you, then you might want to get help with that.

NO, what you said was wankitudinous speculation calling me a liar on an event you were not there to see.
So fuck you.

:fu:

But carry on, lol.

No, I admit your math is bunk, and that you're a liar when you deliberately misrepresent what was said. But you know that. Or you don't.

Go fuck yourself then.

You're getting a little touchy. What I said was fact. Lots of people involved in crime have no idea why the police are "out to get them" and don the persecution mantel, but the truth is, negative police contacts are highly unlikely unless you're doing something wrong or are in the wrong place. If you think that the cops just have a hard on for you, you might want to get help with that.

In the wrong place? Sieg heil much?

It's funny, John Gacy. I'm not white or black and no cop has ever pulled a gun on me and you say it happened to you repeatedly. Did it ever occur to you that the cops might not be the problem?

No, but when I lived abroad and found all that shit disappeared -- even while I was an "undocumented worker" --- it did occur to me what the actual root of the problem was. You're welcome.

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

Theres a solid chance that those guys...werent cops. Badges and ID cards get stolen and counterfeitied often. Its a fairly common occurrence for crooks to steal or counterfeit a few badges...then go rob people or get revenge on an enemy and pose as cops.

So...if they jumped you for no reason...didnt arrest you....those were possibly people impersonating officers looking to rob someone.

They did frisk me, but I had been mugged a few days before and was traveling without a wallet. Oh that pissed 'em off. And I quote, "WHAT THE FUCK YOU DOING WALKING AROUND WITHOUT ID?!?" I was thought (but did not voice), "I didn't know we were living in FUCKING CZECHOSLOVAKIA, Asshole".

Their car did have a police radio in it. And of course the handcuffs they put me in. I asked them once we were in the car and driving to parts unknown what exactly was going on here. The younger one with the ID attitude turned around and snapped 'WE'RE TRYING TO SOLVE A FUCKING HOMICIDE, IS THAT OK WITH YOU?" Whereupon they took me down the street I had just came up on the trolley to a bar where someone had apparently just been shot. Not a place I had ever seen or heard of. They brought out an eyewitness who took one look at me and declared I didn't look at all remotely like the perp he saw. Not even close. They took me halfway up the street to a deserted area before they took the handcuffs off.

While looking around for clues in the car, I saw an insignia on one of the guy's shoulders that read "Philadelphia Highway Pagtrol", an entity that, despite being a native Philadelphian I had never heard of nor had anyone else. But since Al Gore invented the Internet I've found it on Google. It's kind of a secret city police.

So I have to conclude they were cops. They just never identified who they were. I thought they had to. Apparently not. Which begs the question, if two guys in plain clothes jump you and don't identify as cops and you shoot them --- who's at fault?

That's about the only case where the cops are going to detain you is if you're in the vicinity of a crime that just occurred. Now that we've got all the facts, it makes sense. That can happen to anyone because when a murder just occurred, there's a high probability the murderer is still around. This is hardly an example of police persecuting you for no reason at all. Next time lead with the facts.

Go fuck yourself then.

NO, what you said was wankitudinous speculation callig me a liar on an event you were not there to see. So fuck you.
I was once pulled over 3 x in one day by 3 different agencies....staters, tribal, and city, lol.

The third time, my ex was excessively pissed and the cop had the intelligence to get in his car and drive.

I think they were looking for a car like mine, that's the only thing it could have been. But when they do that, why don't they just TELL you? Instead of making up some bogus shit like "Uh...it looked like you parked too close to the edge of the parking lot there"....EXCUSE ME???

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

That's about the only case where the cops are going to detain you is if you're in the vicinity of a crime that just occurred. Now that we've got all the facts, it makes sense. That can happen to anyone because when a murder just occurred, there's a high probability the murderer is still around. This is hardly an example of police persecuting you for no reason at all. Next time lead with the facts.

But the facts don't really lend credence to his silly commentary about how cops are bad in the US!

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

Maybe they were a serial killing team POSING as cops...or even worse, a serial killing team who actually ARE cops (has been known to happen)....

There's a theme going on here. But it's not so much about bad cops as it about what a big coincidence it is that you are permeated in serial killer culture...and yet didn't know it.

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

Bite my crank asshole -- it was NOT "in the vicinity" at all. We had to DRIVE to the scene. Which was I would say a couple of MILES AWAY.

Go fuck yourself with a wire brush, Dickbreath.

But carry on, lol.

No, I admit your math is bunk, and that you're a liar when you deliberately misrepresent what was said. But you know that. Or you don't.

Look, all I did was translate the percentages listed in the authors "math" with the actual numbers that those represent. 42% of cop homicides equals roughly 11 cops. 13% of the population equals roughly 42,000,000 people. Anyone can see that those figures are not meaningfully calculable.

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

If all thats true...then they would be. Day 1 at police academy you are told to ID yourself...and cops have been shot.like that and the person cleared due to not identifying themselves. Its very rare but has happened.

"Philadelphia Highway Patrol"??? Highway Patrols in every state I know of are state agencies...it would've been Pennsylvania HP.

Go fuck yourself then.

NO, what you said was wankitudinous speculation callig me a liar on an event you were not there to see. So fuck you.
I was once pulled over 3 x in one day by 3 different agencies....staters, tribal, and city, lol.

The third time, my ex was excessively pissed and the cop had the intelligence to get in his car and drive.

I think they were looking for a car like mine, that's the only thing it could have been. But when they do that, why don't they just TELL you? Instead of making up some bogus shit like "Uh...it looked like you parked too close to the edge of the parking lot there"....EXCUSE ME???

I was once pulled over, just after leaving my house, and given EIGHT tickets -- at a time when I was on the way to a place of employment where I was in a dispute with management, who would have known where I lived and when I'd be leaving.

In other words, somebody called in a favor to harass me.

This was in New Orleans though, so I just picked up the phone and called my own favors in and got all 8 tickets dropped.

Leave it to Beaver here won't believe that one either. These kids today...

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

Bite my crank asshole -- it was NOT "in the vicinity" at all. We had to DRIVE to the scene. Which was I would say a couple of MILES AWAY.

Go fuck yourself with a wire brush, Dickbreath.

Your mangina is bleeding all over the thread. No wonder you have a persecution complex and think the cops have a hard on for you. You can't even discuss the situation rationally. You held back important details and then get bent out of shape when nobody understands your situation. Maybe you should have a hot bath with some of those fancy beads, Nancy.

thinking-006.GIF

Methinks there is!

If all thats true...then they would be. Day 1 at police academy you are told to ID yourself...and cops have been shot.like that and the person cleared due to not identifying themselves. Its very rare but has happened.

"Philadelphia Highway Patrol"??? Highway Patrols in every state I know of are state agencies...it would've been Pennsylvania HP.

State, yes. Everybody knows the PA state police. You meet them when you go get your driver's licence test. But this was "Philadelphia Highway Patrol", not the city police.

Forum List

Back