The Cappucino Corral

You know I have this as a watched thread and post in it and for some reason, I stopped getting alerts. It has happened in other threads too. I've seen others say the same thing. Is it happening to you guys? I'm thinking of adding it to the help and bug thread. It's weird. I have my alerts on too.

I always get an alert...in fact, while I'm in the thread a little box appears on the bottom left of screen telling me I have 1 or 2 (or however many new alerts). You can always double click on the Alert up on the upper right, and the whole page will show up, in case you missed one or more.

I'm sitting here in a t-shirt, not my usual sweatshirt. It's been a nice Indian summer day, and tomorrow's going to be even warmer.

Then Wednesday afternoon it's going to get cold and snowy.

I hate winter.

just got back from my first spin on the motorbike. Took a turn in too high of a gear (thought i was still in first) and came close to hitting the curb on a 500 lb bike whilst negotiating a turn. That won't happen again.
riding or taking a turn too fast?
riding my kz750 ltd and trying to take a last minute turn. Was able to just come out of it. My feet weren't solidly on the pegs like they're supposed to be. A teachable moment for me. Again ,othing happened but it was close to a lay down because I threw precaution to the wind. Started riding again after a 25 year hiatus.

Glad you didn't have a serious accident.....be careful, those bike accidents can be deadly.

Well, it's about bedtime for me..............

224503.gif

I am really glad to see that the CC is starting to take off. That is very, very heartwarming.

Folks, I am going to be pretty much away from most things internet for the next number of days. Things going on in my life right now.

When I do get on, will try my best to catch up on the finest of chit-chat.

:)

-Stat

You know I have this as a watched thread and post in it and for some reason, I stopped getting alerts. It has happened in other threads too. I've seen others say the same thing. Is it happening to you guys? I'm thinking of adding it to the help and bug thread. It's weird. I have my alerts on too.

I always get an alert...in fact, while I'm in the thread a little box appears on the bottom left of screen telling me I have 1 or 2 (or however many new alerts). You can always double click on the Alert up on the upper right, and the whole page will show up, in case you missed one or more.

For anyone that was wondering, here is the answer.

Hi, Is there some reason why alerts don't show up for threads you are watching and when you have your alert preferences to show you alerts? I will be watching, posting in a thread and suddenly will stop getting alerts. Is there something going on that would cause this that I can fix?

If you're in a thread you shouldn't get the red alerts after a few minutes. The alerts change to an alert that show up in the left side of the browser window. If you are away from the keyboard and miss that alert, you won't be alerted even if you leave the thread. Make sense?

I'm munching a salad that includes the last of my home grown tomatoes. In mid-November. :eek:

Mostly because I brought some green fruits in a while back and let them ripen inside. They're too soft, but for a salad... :thup:

Brrrrr. The beginning of winter always brings out the Desert Rat in me.

I've been painting all day. I'm working in oils again and very happy with the results.

I'm starving. If a painting is going well, I forget everything, including eating. [emoji15]

In my kitchen window, this -

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415755441.243302.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415755461.859787.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hardest part is germinating them. If you can do that, some will survive. i always plant 3 seeds in one small container to get them started. At least one should survive, Just keep the dirt at a steady moderate temp
I grow peppers in the spring/summer

I wish I could get peppers to grow. I eat so many.

I've been able to get 'em started. Keeping them growing is the challenge.

Brrrrr. The beginning of winter always brings out the Desert Rat in me.

I've been painting all day. I'm working in oils again and very happy with the results.

I'm starving. If a painting is going well, I forget everything, including eating. [emoji15]

In my kitchen window, this -

View attachment 33995View attachment 33996

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's beautiful, Luddly. Be sure and let us see the end result of your labor.

I paint in watercolors, well, I used to, I haven't picked up a brush in a long time, and the last time I got the urge I noticed that some of my paints had dried out!:eek: Ever since I got hooked on these forums, I seem to have lost my desire to paint. Maybe I'll get it back one day.....when I can't remember how to type or what I'm doing....:D

I grow peppers in the spring/summer

I wish I could get peppers to grow. I eat so many.

Are you talking about "bell peppers"? Last year my bell peppers were prolific....I was so tired of harvesting them. I gave so many away and the rest I cut up and froze to use later. This year, they didn't do all that well. I rotate them, so maybe the place I planted them this year didn't have as good dirt as the other bed. I love bell peppers, too.....in salads and even sliced on sandwiches.

Forum List

Back