The Catholic Church and HealthCare.... What if the Bishops Aren't Bluffing?

She keeps ignoring the reality of the situation... as stated in the article:

Two thumbs - if the church leaves it is not their show to run.

California Girl - you are ignoring that business occurs, cities overt crisis' and hospitals are bought and sold and change from holding to operating companies everyday in the USA.

So those in rural areas (where the Church operates a lot of its health care services).... what about them?

I'm not ignoring anything.... our hospitals run on economic models that do not suit 'business'. You carry on arguing the point if you want.... but you are wrong... it's fine to be wrong... but being deliberately stupid is not fine.

These are our hospitals - we run them exceptionally well... and we do it at significant cost to our Church.... we don't ask for anything in return for that. We don't expect gratitude, or financial recompense..... but we insist that we have our religious liberty. Your right to access birth control does not outweigh our right to religious liberty.

I am not addressing birth control. I am not wrong. I am not stupid.

You lack a basic understanding of these hospitals operate, and that is ok California Girl. You are passionate about this issue and that is also wonderful. However, your emotions are clouding your ability to see the entire landscape and that, well is not so great.

I will leave you to your thread.

Enjoy,
Kiki
:razz:

I have ZERO love for the church...any church for that matter. I truthfully could care less what the church wants or does not want.

However.... this is a dangerous slippery slope of government interfering in religions. I hope the bishops don't back down and close everything.

And lets see how a national catholic strike goes over.

But Syrenn, I have MUCH love for your avatar. Me love you long time.

I have ZERO love for the church...any church for that matter. I truthfully could care less what the church wants or does not want.

However.... this is a dangerous slippery slope of government interfering in religions. I hope the bishops don't back down and close everything.

But Syrenn, I have MUCH love for your avatar. Me love you long time.
Careful, your drool is showing. :razz:

;)

(I kid, of course. Hell, if I were inclined that way, I would drool, too, at most of her avatars.)

Two thumbs - if the church leaves it is not their show to run.

California Girl - you are ignoring that business occurs, cities overt crisis' and hospitals are bought and sold and change from holding to operating companies everyday in the USA.

So those in rural areas (where the Church operates a lot of its health care services).... what about them?

I'm not ignoring anything.... our hospitals run on economic models that do not suit 'business'. You carry on arguing the point if you want.... but you are wrong... it's fine to be wrong... but being deliberately stupid is not fine.

These are our hospitals - we run them exceptionally well... and we do it at significant cost to our Church.... we don't ask for anything in return for that. We don't expect gratitude, or financial recompense..... but we insist that we have our religious liberty. Your right to access birth control does not outweigh our right to religious liberty.

You lack a basic understanding of these hospitals operate, and that is ok California Girl. You are passionate about this issue and that is also wonderful. However, your emotions are clouding your ability to see the entire landscape and that, well is not so great.

Enjoy,
Kiki

:lol:

Sweetie, I really don't do 'emotion'. I am dogmatic though. I can understand that others need to project emotions on to others... it makes it easier to cope with an argument... but I'd appreciate it if you keep your projections to yourself or those who need the projections.

If catholics start closing hospitals over this the backlash against Catholics will set them back 100 years.
I would imagine that is true, for some of those who are not devout Catholics. I see it breaking out in the following manner:

1. Devout Catholics will side with the Church. Considering most Catholics supported Obama, a loss for Obama.

2. The other Catholics may look at a bigger picture - decide if the soul trumps, as the Church says, or make their decision to side with the Church or Obama based on political lines. Still a potential for a loss of support for Obama for those who value the soul more. The others, no change in support for Obama.

3. Other persons of faith will do the same as (2), probably. Again, same situation as (2), potential for loss of support for Obama and for the others, no change in support for Obama.

4. There is still a significant amount of animosity between some Christians and the Church, and that group may sway toward Obama, depending on how strong their dislike of the Church is. Potential gain in support for Obama, otherwise still a partisan decision, thus no change in support for Obama.

5. Hopefully, there will be enough folks who consider this an intrusion on the Constitution, and the backlash will be in Obama's direction. In all reality (and sadly, IMO), no change in support for Obama.

So, most of any backlash against the Church will be based on partisan lines, if I am correct, which isn't all that different than we currently have.

Obama needs to analyze this better. The majority of Catholics supported him. He can't say that now.

ETA: And, as an afterthought, it disgusts me that Obama will likely make a decision on this based on future votes, rather than based on his Oath of Office concerning the Constitution.

Are you sure that's what was meant? It could easily have meant burn the Churches and hang the Catholics.

If catholics start closing hospitals over this the backlash against Catholics will set them back 100 years.
I would imagine that is true, for some of those who are not devout Catholics. I see it breaking out in the following manner:

1. Devout Catholics will side with the Church. Considering most Catholics supported Obama, a loss for Obama.

2. The other Catholics may look at a bigger picture - decide if the soul trumps, as the Church says, or make their decision to side with the Church or Obama based on political lines. Still a potential for a loss of support for Obama for those who value the soul more. The others, no change in support for Obama.

3. Other persons of faith will do the same as (2), probably. Again, same situation as (2), potential for loss of support for Obama and for the others, no change in support for Obama.

4. There is still a significant amount of animosity between some Christians and the Church, and that group may sway toward Obama, depending on how strong their dislike of the Church is. Potential gain in support for Obama, otherwise still a partisan decision, thus no change in support for Obama.

5. Hopefully, there will be enough folks who consider this an intrusion on the Constitution, and the backlash will be in Obama's direction. In all reality (and sadly, IMO), no change in support for Obama.

So, most of any backlash against the Church will be based on partisan lines, if I am correct, which isn't all that different than we currently have.

Obama needs to analyze this better. The majority of Catholics supported him. He can't say that now.

ETA: And, as an afterthought, it disgusts me that Obama will likely make a decision on this based on future votes, rather than based on his Oath of Office concerning the Constitution.

Are you sure that's what was meant? It could easily have meant burn the Churches and hang the Catholics.
:eek:

Now, I :dunno:

What she said.

What she said.

Think about it..... a month long strike of catholic workers in protest. :lol:

What she said.

think about it......winged gibbons flying out of my ass :lol:

Enjoy,
Kiki

Sweetie, I really don't do 'emotion'. I am dogmatic though. I can understand that others need to project emotions on to others... it makes it easier to cope with an argument... but I'd appreciate it if you keep your projections to yourself or those who need the projections.

:rofl:

Enjoy,
Kiki

:rofl:

Your projection does not count as my emotion. You know that, right?

What she said.

A catholic strike, I don't think so. The facts are:
1. State law in 28 states require Healthcare plans to provide converge for contraceptives. Which means that most Catholic hospitals, schools, and other Catholic institution currently have healthcare plans that include contraceptives.

2. Most Catholic women use birth control. Polls have shown that 98% of sexual active women use birth control, over 60% use a birth control pill. There is little difference between Catholics and non-Catholics.

3. Many worker in Catholic institution particular hospitals are non-Catholic.

Over all, 63 percent of Americans said they supported the new federal requirement that private health insurance plans cover the cost of birth control, according to the survey of 1,519 Americans, conducted from Feb. 13 to Feb. 19 for the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. This issue is a looser for Republicans. They need to drop it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/02/u...ded-on-birth-control-coverage-poll-finds.html

Obama vs. the Catholic Church

June 3, 2012 by Tad Cronn

In a case of an apparently unstoppable force running headlong at an immovable object, the Obama Administration is pushing ahead with its plan to roll over freedom of religion with its mandate that all employers offer health insurance that provides for abortions, sterilizations and contraception.

The U.S. Catholic bishops, however, are putting on their armor and preparing their flocks for what could become the largest wave of civil disobedience since the Civil Rights Movement.

Obama’s mandate, which violates constitutional limits on the power of the federal government, imposes on the religious conscience of Catholics because of the Church’s consistent teachings that abortion, sterilization and contraception are acts that are “intrinsically evil,” as the pope stated recently.

When 43 Catholic organizations last week sued the Obama Administration — a news event with far-reaching implications that received a total of 19 seconds of TV network coverage — it set the stage for a courtroom showdown.

---

The Founding Fathers, on the other hand, recognized religion as the most vital aspect of public life, the glue that held society together.

With the Fortnight of Freedom planned to end on July 4, the bishops cite George Washington, who wrote, ìthe establishment of Civil and Religious Liberty was the Motive that induced me to the field of battle.î

Today, keeping civil and religious liberty may require Americans to defend Washington’s vision from Washington, D.C.

Obama vs. the Catholic Church – Patriot Update

I'm betting the bishops are far from bluffing. They mean it.

I would say that's a pretty safe bet.

I honestly don't understand how the left can just ignore the enormous amount of good that the Church - and other Churches do.... they appear to want higher taxes and total control of our lives. Scary shit.

I'm guessing that many of those bishops were brought there by the back of their hair, kicking and screaming. They really have a problem with church over politics.

Forum List

Back