🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

the child president

Books will be written about the psychosocial elements of this man's appeal, and how much his voters had to overlook & ignore.

Same could be said of the people that voted for Her Royal Majesty, the 2016 POTUS campaign was a contest in scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Both Republicans and Democrats should be ashamed of themselves.
Both candidates were horrible, but they're not the same. Trump is unique.

I know his supporters will take "unique" in a good way, and that fascinates me, too.
The automatic deflection here to Clinton and Obama ought to tell you something. .
Yeah, it's a clear indication that the only difference between Democrat apologists and Republican apologists is the letter stamped on their tiny lemming foreheads.

From "but Bush..." to "but Obama..." , a study in the art of partisan cognitive dissonance.
you find out who the pom pom waving cheerleaders are by their constant blind attacks on the other side and their stupid ass defenses of their own actions.
find out who the pom pom waving cheerleaders are by their constant blind attacks on the other side and their stupid ass defenses of their own actions.
  • Blind attacks such as threatening a former Deputy U.S. Attorney General who's widely known to copiously and accurately document the key conversations of which he is a party by saying he'd better hope there are no tapes.
  • Stupid defenses like trying to discount one's own braggadocious remarks about sexually assaulting women as just "locker room talk," nevermind that the remarks were uttered not in a locker room, but on a media bus.
That's just two examples. There are myriad others, literally hundreds from his candidacy period alone.

Same could be said of the people that voted for Her Royal Majesty, the 2016 POTUS campaign was a contest in scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I know his supporters will take "unique" in a good way, and that fascinates me, too.
The automatic deflection here to Clinton and Obama ought to tell you something. .
Yeah, it's a clear indication that the only difference between Democrat apologists and Republican apologists is the letter stamped on their tiny lemming foreheads.

From "but Bush..." to "but Obama..." , a study in the art of partisan cognitive dissonance.
you find out who the pom pom waving cheerleaders are by their constant blind attacks on the other side and their stupid ass defenses of their own actions.
find out who the pom pom waving cheerleaders are by their constant blind attacks on the other side and their stupid ass defenses of their own actions.
  • Blind attacks such as threatening a former Deputy U.S. Attorney General who's widely known to copiously and accurately document the key conversations of which he is a party by saying he'd better hope there are no tapes.
  • Stupid defenses like trying to discount one's own braggadocious remarks about sexually assaulting women as just "locker room talk," nevermind that the remarks were uttered not in a locker room, but on a media bus.
That's just two examples. There are myriad others.

great. but since i said pom pom waving cheerleaders ON BOTH DAMN SIDES, not sure your point to call out one side over the other.

got a pom pom up your ass needing to come out?

I don't know, but there was no way I was voting for a criminal, so I chose to vote for the asshole instead.
are you still satisfied with that choice?

Yes. I would rather have an arrogant asshole in office than one who wants to take away any one of my rights as a citizen of this country, someone who calls American citizens "deplorables" and obviously looks down upon everyone else, and a LIBERAL! So I am satisfied with my choice. I would have voted for a mannequin or roadkill over Hillary Clinton.

great. but since i said pom pom waving cheerleaders ON BOTH DAMN SIDES, not sure your point to call out one side over the other.

You did do that, but the fact is that both sides do not hold the office of POTUS, thus the lunacy of the side that does is the lunacy that matters.

Books will be written about the psychosocial elements of this man's appeal, and how much his voters had to overlook & ignore.

The automatic deflection here to Clinton and Obama ought to tell you something. They are at a loss for what to say.
Well, this is where we get into my weird fascination with the power of partisan ideology.

I believe that people afflicted with that condition have literally talked themselves, at least on a conscious level, into really believing what they're saying. In this case, they can look at both the overall body of his ridiculous behavior and each individual behavior and see nothing wrong. They'll just write it all off as being "blunt". They really don't see it, literally.

I've developed a great respect for how much intellectual influence an ideology can have over people.
It is fascinating. I suppose we all have our points of "blindness" based on deeply held convictions that we don't have any intention of changing. Mine just don't usually end up being in the political sphere.

You did do that, but the fact is that both sides do not hold the office of POTUS, thus the lunacy of the side that does is the lunacy that matters.
so that's your "difference maker" BUT HE'S THE PRESIDENT!!!! great. people said the same about obama and were blind to anything good he may have been able to do cause hey - pom poms.

keep diggin, but you're just proving my point you've got nice pom poms by attacking one and blind eye to the other.

That's just two examples. There are myriad others, literally hundreds from his candidacy period alone.
"locker room talk" is just a way to describe dudes talking about females.
Most guys talk like that. Trump just got recorded.

At base, Trump is an infantalist. There are three tasks that most mature adults have sort of figured out by the time they hit 25. Trump has mastered none of them. Immaturity is becoming the dominant note of his presidency, lack of self-control his leitmotif.

First, most adults have learned to sit still. But mentally, Trump is still a 7-year-old boy who is bouncing around the classroom. Trump’s answers in these interviews are not very long – 200 words at the high end – but he will typically flit through four or five topics before ending up with how unfair the press is to him.

His inability to focus his attention makes it hard for him to learn and master facts. He is ill informed about his own policies and tramples his own talking points. It makes it hard to control his mouth. On an impulse, he will promise a tax reform when his staff has done little of the actual work.

Second, most people of drinking age have achieved some accurate sense of themselves, some internal criteria to measure their own merits and demerits. But Trump seems to need perpetual outside approval to stabilize his sense of self, so he is perpetually desperate for approval, telling heroic fabulist tales about himself.

“In a short period of time I understood everything there was to know about health care,” he told Time. “A lot of the people have said that, some people said it was the single best speech ever made in that chamber,” he told The Associated Press, referring to his joint session speech.

By Trump’s own account, he knows more about aircraft carrier technology than the Navy. According to his interview with The Economist, he invented the phrase “priming the pump” (even though it was famous by 1933). Trump is not only trying to deceive others. His falsehoods are attempts to build a world in which he can feel good for an instant and comfortably deceive himself.

He is thus the all-time record-holder of the Dunning-Kruger effect, the phenomenon in which the incompetent person is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence. Trump thought he’d be celebrated for firing James Comey. He thought his press coverage would grow wildly positive once he won the nomination. He is perpetually surprised because reality does not comport with his fantasies.

Third, by adulthood most people can perceive how others are thinking. For example, they learn subtle arts such as false modesty so they won’t be perceived as obnoxious.

But Trump seems to have not yet developed a theory of mind. Other people are black boxes that supply either affirmation or disapproval. As a result, he is weirdly transparent. He wants people to love him, so he is constantly telling interviewers that he is widely loved. In Trump’s telling, every meeting was scheduled for 15 minutes but his guests stayed two hours because they liked him so much.

Which brings us to the reports that Trump betrayed an intelligence source and leaked secrets to his Russian visitors. From all we know so far, Trump didn’t do it because he is a Russian agent, or for any malevolent intent. He did it because he is sloppy, because he lacks all impulse control, and above all because he is a 9-year-old boy desperate for the approval of those he admires.

The Russian leak story reveals one other thing, the dangerousness of a hollow man.

Our institutions depend on people who have enough engraved character traits to fulfill their assigned duties. But there is perpetually less to Trump than it appears. When we analyze a president’s utterances we tend to assume that there is some substantive process behind the words, that it’s part of some strategic intent.

But Trump’s statements don’t necessarily come from anywhere, lead anywhere or have a permanent reality beyond his wish to be liked at any given instant.

We’ve got this perverse situation in which the vast analytic powers of the entire world are being spent trying to understand a guy whose thoughts are often just six fireflies beeping randomly in a jar.

“We badly want to understand Trump, to grasp him,” David Roberts writes in Vox. “It might give us some sense of control, or at least an ability to predict what he will do next. But what if there’s nothing to understand? What if there is no there there?”

And out of that void comes a carelessness that quite possibly betrayed an intelligence source, and endangered a country.

TRUMP

This is what happens when the world is led by a child
Your entire post describes someone suffering from ADHD and it does impact adults as well as children.

i don't. when i hear people do it, i usually deadpan smile and go away. not a fan of people who think that's a good way to talk about or to anyone.

i don't hold it heavy against him, no however. but if you hate trump, it doesn't matter the bullets, as long as you got many to use.

Well that solves the mystery as to why the SJW PC Shock Troops just put out a $50K bounty on your scalp.

"I'm one of the more pessimistic cats on the planet. I make Van Gogh look like a rodeo clown." -- Dennis Miller

Well that solves the mystery as to why the SJW PC Shock Troops just put out a $50K bounty on your scalp.

"I'm one of the more pessimistic cats on the planet. I make Van Gogh look like a rodeo clown." -- Dennis Miller
"OMG He just said he fucked a hot chick that swallowed!!!!" :banana2:

At base, Trump is an infantalist. There are three tasks that most mature adults have sort of figured out by the time they hit 25. Trump has mastered none of them. Immaturity is becoming the dominant note of his presidency, lack of self-control his leitmotif.

First, most adults have learned to sit still. But mentally, Trump is still a 7-year-old boy who is bouncing around the classroom. Trump’s answers in these interviews are not very long – 200 words at the high end – but he will typically flit through four or five topics before ending up with how unfair the press is to him.

His inability to focus his attention makes it hard for him to learn and master facts. He is ill informed about his own policies and tramples his own talking points. It makes it hard to control his mouth. On an impulse, he will promise a tax reform when his staff has done little of the actual work.

Second, most people of drinking age have achieved some accurate sense of themselves, some internal criteria to measure their own merits and demerits. But Trump seems to need perpetual outside approval to stabilize his sense of self, so he is perpetually desperate for approval, telling heroic fabulist tales about himself.

“In a short period of time I understood everything there was to know about health care,” he told Time. “A lot of the people have said that, some people said it was the single best speech ever made in that chamber,” he told The Associated Press, referring to his joint session speech.

By Trump’s own account, he knows more about aircraft carrier technology than the Navy. According to his interview with The Economist, he invented the phrase “priming the pump” (even though it was famous by 1933). Trump is not only trying to deceive others. His falsehoods are attempts to build a world in which he can feel good for an instant and comfortably deceive himself.

He is thus the all-time record-holder of the Dunning-Kruger effect, the phenomenon in which the incompetent person is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence. Trump thought he’d be celebrated for firing James Comey. He thought his press coverage would grow wildly positive once he won the nomination. He is perpetually surprised because reality does not comport with his fantasies.

Third, by adulthood most people can perceive how others are thinking. For example, they learn subtle arts such as false modesty so they won’t be perceived as obnoxious.

But Trump seems to have not yet developed a theory of mind. Other people are black boxes that supply either affirmation or disapproval. As a result, he is weirdly transparent. He wants people to love him, so he is constantly telling interviewers that he is widely loved. In Trump’s telling, every meeting was scheduled for 15 minutes but his guests stayed two hours because they liked him so much.

Which brings us to the reports that Trump betrayed an intelligence source and leaked secrets to his Russian visitors. From all we know so far, Trump didn’t do it because he is a Russian agent, or for any malevolent intent. He did it because he is sloppy, because he lacks all impulse control, and above all because he is a 9-year-old boy desperate for the approval of those he admires.

The Russian leak story reveals one other thing, the dangerousness of a hollow man.

Our institutions depend on people who have enough engraved character traits to fulfill their assigned duties. But there is perpetually less to Trump than it appears. When we analyze a president’s utterances we tend to assume that there is some substantive process behind the words, that it’s part of some strategic intent.

But Trump’s statements don’t necessarily come from anywhere, lead anywhere or have a permanent reality beyond his wish to be liked at any given instant.

We’ve got this perverse situation in which the vast analytic powers of the entire world are being spent trying to understand a guy whose thoughts are often just six fireflies beeping randomly in a jar.

“We badly want to understand Trump, to grasp him,” David Roberts writes in Vox. “It might give us some sense of control, or at least an ability to predict what he will do next. But what if there’s nothing to understand? What if there is no there there?”

And out of that void comes a carelessness that quite possibly betrayed an intelligence source, and endangered a country.

TRUMP

The book will be titled

"The day the liberals met their own silly match

And freaked the hell out"

Titled "Unintended Consequences of Citizens United."

Dark Money and Democracy.

The husbands and fathers in my circle of friends don't talk like that. Did we talk that way as high school and college kids in the '70's and '80s? Sure we did; however, not long after that we "grew up" and found more articulate (and, frankly, less self-incriminating) ways of expressing ourselves.

Obama makes Trump look like an elder statesman. He drips with arrogance and condescension, always popping off his big mouth like the street punk he always was and will be.

People value different things, I prefer a doer that didn't make a career sucking a public titty.

And therein lies YOUR problem: you're so consumed by racism that you fail to realize that a Harvard educated lawyer is neither a thug nor a punk.

You'd rather have a lying conman who is destroying your country, than an honest decent and fully competent black man as President.

You deserve the butt fucking you're getting.

TRUMP

The husbands and fathers in my circle of friends don't talk like that. Did we talk that way as high school and college kids in the '70's and '80s? Sure we did; however, not long after that we "grew up" and found more articulate (and, frankly, less self-incriminating) ways of expressing ourselves.
That's fine and dandy. You can have your standards but a majority of people I know talk like that. That includes women.
Most people around here aren't prudes.

The "failure" of Hillary was/is the result of the very effective smear campaign from the right.

Before y'all prove me correct by posting more lies, try reading the facts.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back