🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

the child president

Books will be written about the psychosocial elements of this man's appeal, and how much his voters had to overlook & ignore.

Same could be said of the people that voted for Her Royal Majesty, the 2016 POTUS campaign was a contest in scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Both Republicans and Democrats should be ashamed of themselves.
Both candidates were horrible, but they're not the same. Trump is unique.

I know his supporters will take "unique" in a good way, and that fascinates me, too.
The automatic deflection here to Clinton and Obama ought to tell you something. They are at a loss for what to say.

Exactly true.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I posted a video when that came out of women going up to random dudes in the street and grabbing their dick. Nobody gave two shits.
Sounds like selective outrage to me :dunno:

The automatic deflection here to Clinton and Obama ought to tell you something. .
Yeah, it's a clear indication that the only difference between Democrat apologists and Republican apologists is the letter stamped on their tiny lemming foreheads.

From "but Bush..." to "but Obama..." , a study in the art of partisan cognitive dissonance.
you find out who the pom pom waving cheerleaders are by their constant blind attacks on the other side and their stupid ass defenses of their own actions.
find out who the pom pom waving cheerleaders are by their constant blind attacks on the other side and their stupid ass defenses of their own actions.
  • Blind attacks such as threatening a former Deputy U.S. Attorney General who's widely known to copiously and accurately document the key conversations of which he is a party by saying he'd better hope there are no tapes.
  • Stupid defenses like trying to discount one's own braggadocious remarks about sexually assaulting women as just "locker room talk," nevermind that the remarks were uttered not in a locker room, but on a media bus.
That's just two examples. There are myriad others, literally hundreds from his candidacy period alone.
"locker room talk" is just a way to describe dudes talking about females.
Most guys talk like that. Trump just got recorded.
The husbands and fathers in my circle of friends don't talk like that. Did we talk that way as high school and college kids in the '70's and '80s? Sure we did; however, not long after that we "grew up" and found more articulate (and, frankly, less self-incriminating) ways of expressing ourselves.

Uh-huh, I bet you and your pals are a just a barrel of fun at Bachelor Parties; sippin' tea, reading poetry and getting acquainted with your feminine sides... :p

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." -- Bluto, Animal House

Yeah, it's a clear indication that the only difference between Democrat apologists and Republican apologists is the letter stamped on their tiny lemming foreheads.

From "but Bush..." to "but Obama..." , a study in the art of partisan cognitive dissonance.
you find out who the pom pom waving cheerleaders are by their constant blind attacks on the other side and their stupid ass defenses of their own actions.
find out who the pom pom waving cheerleaders are by their constant blind attacks on the other side and their stupid ass defenses of their own actions.
  • Blind attacks such as threatening a former Deputy U.S. Attorney General who's widely known to copiously and accurately document the key conversations of which he is a party by saying he'd better hope there are no tapes.
  • Stupid defenses like trying to discount one's own braggadocious remarks about sexually assaulting women as just "locker room talk," nevermind that the remarks were uttered not in a locker room, but on a media bus.
That's just two examples. There are myriad others, literally hundreds from his candidacy period alone.
The husbands and fathers in my circle of friends don't talk like that. Did we talk that way as high school and college kids in the '70's and '80s? Sure we did; however, not long after that we "grew up" and found more articulate (and, frankly, less self-incriminating) ways of expressing ourselves.

Uh-huh, I bet you and your pals are a just a barrel of fun at Bachelor Parties; sippin' tea, reading poetry and getting acquainted with your feminine sides... :p

"less self incriminating" :lol:

just an observation on infantile behaviour . Heck , many so called adult supporters of mrobama and hilary are still on their DADS insurance up to age 25 - 26 and living in their MOMS basements and riding skate boards . Heck , i for example was fully [ off and on independent] independent at age 16 and totally independent and raising kids and working full time at 20 years of age . Trump is fine !!------------------- totally OFF TOPIC comment so just a comment and observation .

At base, Trump is an infantalist. There are three tasks that most mature adults have sort of figured out by the time they hit 25. Trump has mastered none of them. Immaturity is becoming the dominant note of his presidency, lack of self-control his leitmotif.

First, most adults have learned to sit still. But mentally, Trump is still a 7-year-old boy who is bouncing around the classroom. Trump’s answers in these interviews are not very long – 200 words at the high end – but he will typically flit through four or five topics before ending up with how unfair the press is to him.

His inability to focus his attention makes it hard for him to learn and master facts. He is ill informed about his own policies and tramples his own talking points. It makes it hard to control his mouth. On an impulse, he will promise a tax reform when his staff has done little of the actual work.

Second, most people of drinking age have achieved some accurate sense of themselves, some internal criteria to measure their own merits and demerits. But Trump seems to need perpetual outside approval to stabilize his sense of self, so he is perpetually desperate for approval, telling heroic fabulist tales about himself.

“In a short period of time I understood everything there was to know about health care,” he told Time. “A lot of the people have said that, some people said it was the single best speech ever made in that chamber,” he told The Associated Press, referring to his joint session speech.

By Trump’s own account, he knows more about aircraft carrier technology than the Navy. According to his interview with The Economist, he invented the phrase “priming the pump” (even though it was famous by 1933). Trump is not only trying to deceive others. His falsehoods are attempts to build a world in which he can feel good for an instant and comfortably deceive himself.

He is thus the all-time record-holder of the Dunning-Kruger effect, the phenomenon in which the incompetent person is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence. Trump thought he’d be celebrated for firing James Comey. He thought his press coverage would grow wildly positive once he won the nomination. He is perpetually surprised because reality does not comport with his fantasies.

Third, by adulthood most people can perceive how others are thinking. For example, they learn subtle arts such as false modesty so they won’t be perceived as obnoxious.

But Trump seems to have not yet developed a theory of mind. Other people are black boxes that supply either affirmation or disapproval. As a result, he is weirdly transparent. He wants people to love him, so he is constantly telling interviewers that he is widely loved. In Trump’s telling, every meeting was scheduled for 15 minutes but his guests stayed two hours because they liked him so much.

Which brings us to the reports that Trump betrayed an intelligence source and leaked secrets to his Russian visitors. From all we know so far, Trump didn’t do it because he is a Russian agent, or for any malevolent intent. He did it because he is sloppy, because he lacks all impulse control, and above all because he is a 9-year-old boy desperate for the approval of those he admires.

The Russian leak story reveals one other thing, the dangerousness of a hollow man.

Our institutions depend on people who have enough engraved character traits to fulfill their assigned duties. But there is perpetually less to Trump than it appears. When we analyze a president’s utterances we tend to assume that there is some substantive process behind the words, that it’s part of some strategic intent.

But Trump’s statements don’t necessarily come from anywhere, lead anywhere or have a permanent reality beyond his wish to be liked at any given instant.

We’ve got this perverse situation in which the vast analytic powers of the entire world are being spent trying to understand a guy whose thoughts are often just six fireflies beeping randomly in a jar.

“We badly want to understand Trump, to grasp him,” David Roberts writes in Vox. “It might give us some sense of control, or at least an ability to predict what he will do next. But what if there’s nothing to understand? What if there is no there there?”

And out of that void comes a carelessness that quite possibly betrayed an intelligence source, and endangered a country.

TRUMP

This is what happens when the world is led by a child
Your entire post describes someone suffering from ADHD and it does impact adults as well as children.
Too bad the Pres hasn't heard about the medication they have these days that has a really significant impact on adult ADHD. Makes it much easier to focus, etc.
My stepmom suffers from it. After a several day visit with her, I'm about ready for the nuthouse. I can't imagine what his staff is going through, not to mention all his other "quirks."

At base, Trump is an infantalist. There are three tasks that most mature adults have sort of figured out by the time they hit 25. Trump has mastered none of them. Immaturity is becoming the dominant note of his presidency, lack of self-control his leitmotif.

First, most adults have learned to sit still. But mentally, Trump is still a 7-year-old boy who is bouncing around the classroom. Trump’s answers in these interviews are not very long – 200 words at the high end – but he will typically flit through four or five topics before ending up with how unfair the press is to him.

His inability to focus his attention makes it hard for him to learn and master facts. He is ill informed about his own policies and tramples his own talking points. It makes it hard to control his mouth. On an impulse, he will promise a tax reform when his staff has done little of the actual work.

Second, most people of drinking age have achieved some accurate sense of themselves, some internal criteria to measure their own merits and demerits. But Trump seems to need perpetual outside approval to stabilize his sense of self, so he is perpetually desperate for approval, telling heroic fabulist tales about himself.

“In a short period of time I understood everything there was to know about health care,” he told Time. “A lot of the people have said that, some people said it was the single best speech ever made in that chamber,” he told The Associated Press, referring to his joint session speech.

By Trump’s own account, he knows more about aircraft carrier technology than the Navy. According to his interview with The Economist, he invented the phrase “priming the pump” (even though it was famous by 1933). Trump is not only trying to deceive others. His falsehoods are attempts to build a world in which he can feel good for an instant and comfortably deceive himself.

He is thus the all-time record-holder of the Dunning-Kruger effect, the phenomenon in which the incompetent person is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence. Trump thought he’d be celebrated for firing James Comey. He thought his press coverage would grow wildly positive once he won the nomination. He is perpetually surprised because reality does not comport with his fantasies.

Third, by adulthood most people can perceive how others are thinking. For example, they learn subtle arts such as false modesty so they won’t be perceived as obnoxious.

But Trump seems to have not yet developed a theory of mind. Other people are black boxes that supply either affirmation or disapproval. As a result, he is weirdly transparent. He wants people to love him, so he is constantly telling interviewers that he is widely loved. In Trump’s telling, every meeting was scheduled for 15 minutes but his guests stayed two hours because they liked him so much.

Which brings us to the reports that Trump betrayed an intelligence source and leaked secrets to his Russian visitors. From all we know so far, Trump didn’t do it because he is a Russian agent, or for any malevolent intent. He did it because he is sloppy, because he lacks all impulse control, and above all because he is a 9-year-old boy desperate for the approval of those he admires.

The Russian leak story reveals one other thing, the dangerousness of a hollow man.

Our institutions depend on people who have enough engraved character traits to fulfill their assigned duties. But there is perpetually less to Trump than it appears. When we analyze a president’s utterances we tend to assume that there is some substantive process behind the words, that it’s part of some strategic intent.

But Trump’s statements don’t necessarily come from anywhere, lead anywhere or have a permanent reality beyond his wish to be liked at any given instant.

We’ve got this perverse situation in which the vast analytic powers of the entire world are being spent trying to understand a guy whose thoughts are often just six fireflies beeping randomly in a jar.

“We badly want to understand Trump, to grasp him,” David Roberts writes in Vox. “It might give us some sense of control, or at least an ability to predict what he will do next. But what if there’s nothing to understand? What if there is no there there?”

And out of that void comes a carelessness that quite possibly betrayed an intelligence source, and endangered a country.

TRUMP

Your entire post describes someone suffering from ADHD and it does impact adults as well as children.
Too bad the Pres hasn't heard about the medication they have these days that has a really significant impact on adult ADHD. Makes it much easier to focus, etc.
My stepmom suffers from it. After a several day visit with her, I'm about ready for the nuthouse. I can't imagine what his staff is going through, not to mention all his other "quirks."
I had a stepson that was severe. It was a handful when he was a child. Doing pretty well now as an adult. Trump strikes me as the kind of person who's ego would prevent him from seeking help if he truly suffers from it.

You have a strange way of defining maleness. IMO.

TRUMP

------------------------------------------------------------------------ any adult under medication for mental or ADHD or other silliness like 'PTSD' should not be in any position of power . Plus the President has never been diagnosed with any defects as far as i know OldLady !!

TRUMP

------------------------------------------------------------------------ any adult under medication for mental or ADHD or other silliness like 'PTSD' should not be in any position of power . Plus the President has never been diagnosed with any defects as far as i know OldLady !!
LOL Just wait until 2020 when we elect Caitlyn Jenner
bruce_jenners_cat.jpg.ce9f6671660bfeff507033da4fbae1c8.jpg

Books will be written about the psychosocial elements of this man's appeal, and how much his voters had to overlook & ignore.

Same could be said of the people that voted for Her Royal Majesty, the 2016 POTUS campaign was a contest in scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I know his supporters will take "unique" in a good way, and that fascinates me, too.
You truly are fucking hypocritical ignorant double talking unreal dipshit.

You have a strange way of defining maleness. IMO.

Hey, just because I once passed out "Lets Bang the Babysitter" DVDs at a pro-feminism rally doesn't mean I'm a sexist or anything...

Hmmm....apparently somebody received a Groupon for bulk invective this morning. :rolleyes:

The "failure" of Hillary was/is the result of the very effective smear campaign from the right.

Before y'all prove me correct by posting more lies, try reading the facts.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
"Y'all"? I voted for Hillary.

I'm just honest.

Coming from you, thanks.

Forum List

Back