The Christian Meme: A Viral Infection Of The Mind

The mind virus of religious belief preys on fear, warps instinctive attributes and skews morality. It contradicts responsible behavior, reason and compassion. It retards free will and causes a lack of ability to differentiate between rational and irrational choices. It allows the religionist to exist in a perfectly rational way in many other aspects of their existence in society while the infected area of the mind is stuck in a cyclical delusion.

A virus will attack the most vulnerable area of its host. In society, that area lies within our youth – particularly very young children. This is why there exist so many youth-driven activities within the church. These activities appeal to the societal desires of children to learn through enjoyable experiences. Sunday school lessons for very young children are modeled after kindergarten and primary school. For the older children there are sports camps and field trips. The entirety of the Contemporary Christian Music genre is designed to mirror modern and post-modern secular music. This is adaptation.

When children are not fully educated, they are unable to comprehend the reason and logic behind what they are told. Through evolution, human children are predisposed to adhere to the authority of an adult. This is why the structure of the ‘one teacher – multiple student’ education system continues to succeed in spite of the higher level of retention of a ‘one-on-one’ educational environment.

All of this makes children very easy to infect.

The Christian Meme A Viral Infection of the Mind 8211 Understanding Other Cultures - My Telegraph

Liberals will tell you whom they fear.

This guy obviously fears Christians.

His paranoia and fear come clearly out.

Obviously what gets under his skin is the FREEDOM parents have to teach their own children what they believe.

Like all atheist zealots, he wants children taken away from their parents, so they will ONLY be taught the religion of atheism.

Atheists hate freedom.

Atheists can argue all they want, but the biggest political system to embrace atheism, communism, was as against freedom as you can get.

Atheism can't thrive when people have the FREEDOM to believe as they choose, and that's what an atheist hates the most.

now I understand why you are avoiding he jesus cookies and wine question

That's an easy one. The transubstantiation of the elements is a uniquely Catholic belief that other Christians do not accept. Of course, I labor under no illusion that this will make one iota of difference to you.

It really doesn't make a difference. What Christian does not believe that Jesus was God or celebrate mass of one type or another? "Other" Christians think Jesus is present when you eat and drink the wine and cookies, some think its just a memorial celebration of his death (which is just as strange) and some drink grape juice because they believe, contrary to the evidence, that Jesus would never have drank real wine...

"Take this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

"I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk with their own blood as if with new wine. Then all flesh will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." Isaiah 49:26

Bottoms up!

:wine:

Forum List

Back