The comedy writes itself

Rights are how we interact with other humans.

What rights would you need on a desert island alone?
No they arent.

Right to life

Right to liberty

Right to free speech

Right to self determination

Right to freely associate

Right to worship what I want

etc etc.

Again if your "rights" come from a Government they aren't rights anymore they are privileges. A right is something I have whether you want me to or not. A government might be able to suppress that right but I still have that right. Not so much with privileges.

No they arent.

Right to life

Right to liberty

Right to free speech

etc etc.

Again if your "rights" come from a Government they aren't rights anymore they are privileges. A right is something I have whether you want me to or not. A government might be able to suppress that right but I still have that right. Not so much with privileges.
You make a false declaration and then proceed from there.

Our LAWS either protect or guarantee all those things.

And our laws come from agreements we make with each other

You think God grants you freedom speech??

Just stop

So rights only exist in the US? Do people in the Congo not have rights? Are their rights different than ours?
Their rights are most definitely different from ours.

Cmon dude. You’re not thinking

You make a false declaration and then proceed from there.

Our LAWS either protect or guarantee all those things.

And our laws come from agreements we make with each other

You think God grants you freedom speech??

Just stop
and our laws say our rights are protected by governments not given by them,,

as stated in the oaths of office,,
"PROTECT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION"

and our laws say our rights are protected by governments not given by them,,

as stated in the oaths of office,,
"PROTECT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION"
Pretty much what I said.

Couch seems to think our rights come from God… or something

Like if you deny a right exists, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. 👍
It's not on me to prove unicorns, Santa Claus, Sky Daddy or mystical rights don't exist. It's on the person claiming they exist to prove that they do.
You’re very simple.

Not what I said. I said some rights pre-existed any attempt to inscribe them into “law.” Do try to pay attention.
I don't care how you want to phrase it you little pedantic pussy. :dunno:

What rights pre-existed any attempt to inscribe them into law and where do they come from?
Sorry. Youre being mindless. Do you believe that some legislature has to write down on some document somewhere that you have the right to life in order for you to have a right to be alive? :cuckoo:
I believe laws govern how society operates. In some societies the laws restrain what the government or other people can do to you, under penalty of law, and in other societies its legal and just to stone people for being gay. That's reality. If you're gay and living in a society where being gay is punishable by death then what good is a non or pre legal right to life to you?
You’re being dense. They are innate. Flip the question around.
I don't mind you asking your own questions but that doesn't let you off of mine.

How can I detect these innate rights in you to know they're really there?
Who has any right to sniff out your life.
I dont even know what that means outside of the legal sense. What is a pre legal right? You still havent explained it. All I've gotten from you so far is that its innate. That isnt very helpful. How can I know if someone has something if you can't even explain to me what that something is?

People try to kill each other all the time. The only thing holding them accountable are laws or your ability to defend yourself. As far as pre legal rights go I couldn't fucking tell you what use they'd be in a fight because I don't know what they are or what you imagine them to be or what use you imagine them to have.
By virtue of what possible claim of any right would your killer have a right to kill you?
If there are no laws preventing him, who cares? What sense does that question even make? Does he have to ask permission from some guild? How does your fantasy pre legal society operate? Let's set the scene. We're pre law and someone is trying to kill me, do you have me asking by what right he's trying to assault me? Why the fuck would that be the most pertinent thing at the moment?
Try that one in English, maybe? You think rights can be touched? :cuckoo:
I think if they're real we should be able to either touch them, taste them, hear them, see them or feel them. For instance the weight of the justice system can be felt by the enforcement of the police, the judgement of a court or the despair of a prison cell. What tangibility marks the presence of pre legal rights?
Unlike you, you quivering coward, don’t need to use “phone a friend.” All of this is vastly above and beyond your severely limited intellect. And I have answered.
Sure, that why all I've gotten out of you so far is that they're innate. :lmao:
You don’t care for the answers. That’s tough shit, you fucking goober.
On the contrary I care slightly about the amusement your simple arguments bring me.
No need. Already done.

No need. I’m not a quivering cowardly ignorant twat like you.

I already enjoyed your fail. Although, you keep dipping into your inexhaustible well of fail and seem almost surprised that that’s all you can come up with.

Sucks to be a massive cowardly moron like you. 👍
So how what else you got other than "they're innate"? :dunno:

Nah you’re merely projecting your own untenable philosophy and its utter futility on to others.

If you believe that, then feel free to surrender any claim of any right you’ve ever had or been told you have. Accept that you are a mere animal with no rights. It’s ok with me if you choose to be a subservient failure as a human. You’ve clearly had years of practice. 👍

What?

Contrary to your sullen, surly and servile attitude, I have always maintained that rights (a) exist and (b) deserve to be protected.

I have no idea what the fuck a moron like you is babbling about.
Are humans not animals? What creationist biology class did you graduate from? :lmao:

No they arent.

Right to life

Right to liberty

Right to free speech

etc etc.

Let's say there is no government and I duct tape your mouth shut. What right to free speech do you actually have at that moment? And since there are no laws, who holding me accountable?

Why can’t God protect them then. He’s all powerful right?
why do you keep bring god into it??

as I correctly stated our laws clearly show our rights come from our creator and its the governments job to protect them,,

and before you say he says they come from god maybe thats who he considers his creator,,, other may believe in a different creator,,

why do you keep bring god into it??

as I correctly stated our laws clearly show our rights come from our creator and its the governments job to protect them,,

and before you say he says they come from god maybe thats who he considers his creator,,, other may believe in a different creator,,
Why is it all the things that nature gave us we can detect and verify exist except for rights?

Abilities aren't rights. The pretense is supposed to be rights are equal, innit? Clearly ability is not.
Correct. Some people have more ability than others. That's reality. Nothing can be done about that. I can't play professional baseball.

Nah you’re merely projecting your own untenable philosophy and its utter futility on to others.
Lol, no. That's a republican thing. I'm a live and let live kinda guy.
If you believe that, then feel free to surrender any claim of any right you’ve ever had or been told you have. Accept that you are a mere animal with no rights. It’s ok with me if you choose to be a subservient failure as a human. You’ve clearly had years of practice. 👍
Not what I said at all, but cool try at deflecting.
What do you think your rights are for? What good are they? Explain to me what you get from these rights.
Contrary to your sullen, surly and servile attitude, I have always maintained that rights (a) exist and (b) deserve to be protected.
I have no idea what the fuck a moron like you is babbling about.

I never said they didn't exist, I said the come from your society, that would be the humans around you.

What the fuck does this have to do with anything? I don't believe in mystical rights to life or a legal right for fetuses to gestate inside an unwilling woman. You're the one who argued about governments who claim their rights coming from God being some sort of benevolent heroes so I simply asked about their slaves. Do you have a response to that or are you going to bitch out again?

So the Founders didn't take away the rights of their slaves?
You supporting the murder of babies while claiming moral high ground.

Pathetic.

Forum List

Back